Play music while browsing

xaneth
Go to solution Solved by speechles,

Not sure if this has been posted yet, should have done a search.  I notice that in Emby, in order to listen to a song, it has to be in "focus".  You cannot back out and browse other music or areas of Emby and leave the music playing.  This seems to be across the board, in the browser, Roku, Emby Android...  Hate to compare, but Plex allows you to browse while listening to the music you started.

why do you think it is that way in the browser and android? i honestly can't see how you could come to that conclusion for those two apps.

• Solution

The roku allows music to play in the background. It just isnt clear how.

d1dd51f61a4d641010f9c065407cab04.jpg

Go to music player, and play a song. Then close and go back to the homescreen. Now press the * button.

74a2054f838d5d6d56a0542ebbd7b312.jpg

Choose "Go to now playing" and the music will start playing. Press back to return to homescreen. Now browse as music plays in the background.

Make sure to disable the "play theme music" option in preferences. There you go.

Class dismissed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I stand corrected as far as Android and the browser go by making a stupid assumption.  Sorry about that, and thanks for the class on how to get this working on the Roku.  Is there a way to mark posts as "solved" or should I just delete the thread?  Sorry again for my ignorance.

why do you think it is that way in the browser and android? i honestly can't see how you could come to that conclusion for those two apps.