iPad Air and iPad 4

sara123

I have an iPad 4 now, and I know that Apple has released iPad Air and iPad Mini 2. Now I am considering whether I should buy a new iPad Air to replace my old iPad 4. Actually my iPad 4 is still very good in use. So I hope some one can give me reasons to buy a new one.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Aahhhhhhh, You have been appelized by their 6 monthly updates of products. (i'm an apple guy so don't take it as a dig). I'm still using ipad3 and think its fine for what I need it for, the only downside is the battery life but it seems to have improved over the year.

here is a review of the 2 head to head.  Have a read and make your decision.  

http://www.v3.co.uk/v3-uk/review/2306179/ipad-air-vs-ipad-4-head-to-head-review

By the way welcome to the forums

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 1

Tharnax

Still use my iPad 1st gen as well.  It's unfortunate that MB3 iPad app won't work on it but I finally decided to upgrade to an Air.  It was a toss-up between a Surface Pro 2 and the Air, the Air one out purely based on battery life.  For any i86 based apps, I just use Logmein and remote to my desktop.

Deathsquirrel

We got a surface pro 2 for my wife to take notes in class and she freaking adores it.  FYI they did a bios update just after launch, and of course after most early reviews, that bumped her battery life out to the 6-9 hour range.  It's not ipad level but it's pretty fantastic considering what the device is.

Thanks for all your replies. The new Apple products really are great attractions for me, but I think I should chotrol my desire. After all, their products are not cheap and I really can't catch up with their updating speed. :unsure: BTW, do you have some free wares to convert dvd movies to iPad? Don't say Handbrake, I just use it now, but it can't work normally some times. So can you recommend me another one?

Cheesegeezer

@@sara123

The one i use is Wondershare Video Converter, its not free but its bloody good at what it does. You can select your ipad version, drag and drop your file, hit convert! Boooom, your done. You can queue up a load of movies too and leave them converting overnight while you sleep. Takes between 20-30 mins to do one movie on average.

http://www.wondershare.com/pro/video-converter-pro.html?gclid=CIKBkbr2l7sCFYZa3godPigAbg

A better cheaper alternative is to get an app called AVPlayerHD, you dont need to convert, you just drag and drop your avi/mkv/xvid files into the app folder in itunes and you're good to go.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/avplayerhd/id407976815

Hope that helps

For protected DVD, you have these options: DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, DVD Knife. These three are freeware and can unlock the copy protection. Their disadvantages are that they can't convert DVD to other format. However, after you rip the DVD, you can use Handbrake or freemake video converter to convert the ripped DVD to Mp4 that can play on your ipad. But those ripper freeware may can't decrypt new protections. Another option for you to play DVD movies on ipad4 by removing the protection and converting DVD to other format at the same time.

Edited by lizlee

Airbender

Hi

If you have a good working device no need to change it , for first time i got a tablet MS Surface RT the only reason i got it because it was on sale for 169.99 otherwise i wont get it , my wife has ipad 2 and it works great !

Keep your expensive device !