Not all recorded shows indexed for Internet viewing

sakle2k
Go to solution Solved by krustyreturns,

sakle2k

Hello all,

I currently have 50 recorded shows saved. I am able to view any of them locally from Emby within WMC, but 3 of the recordings are not listed when viewing recorded shows from the web interface, and ServerWMC only lists 47 recorded shows. There doesn't appear to be anything different about the 3 that aren't listed - all recorded to the same directory as the others and I have had shows recorded after those which are available from the Internet. All software is up to date. Any idea what I can check? I'm at work right now but can try any suggestions tonight.

Thanks!

Les

sakle2k

If I logon to my server on the web through the browser, only 47 of the 50 recorded shows are available. But logging in locally using Emby Classic in WMC, all 50 shows are there. Since I don't know why it's happened, I don't know if it will happen again.

I am able to view any of them locally from Emby within WMC,

In WMC are you using emby classic or are you using windows media center?

I'm using Windows Media Center.

So, now I'm confused...

sakle2k

So, now I'm confused...

Sorry for the confusion. When watching at home on my HTMC, I watch my recorded shows from the recorded TV section of Windows Media Center, and all recorded shows are available. It's only when watching on the web that I don't see all of my recorded shows.

Some screen shots of what you are seeing in each place and the specific items that are missing would probably really help but first, are there any parental controls in play here?  Does the user you are using have any restrictions defined in Emby for rating level?

sakle2k

I can post some screenshots tonight. Parental controls not being used and the user has no restrictions for rating level.

Thanks for helping out with this!

sakle2k

I just grabbed some screenshots. As I said, I watch my recorded shows from the recorded TV section of Windows Media Center, and all recorded shows are available. As all of the content from that screen wouldn't fit into a screenshot,here's a screenshot of the directory where all recordings are stored. I've sorted by "Type" so that I could highlight just the recorded files. Note the number of recordings in the lower left of the screen is 48 (I've deleted a couple since I posted this).

56300fe162bd3_Recordedshowsdirectory.png

Here's a screenshot of ServerWMC which shows 44 recordings:

56301093cf93f_ServerWMCrecordings.png

And here's a screenshot from the web showing 44 recordings:as well:

563010d16d83f_web.png

Not sure if this helps, but the 3 episodes of "Fargo" and 1 episode of "Live at Daryl's House" are the 4 episodes that are not available from the web. Please let me know if anything else is needed.

Thanks again!

Edited by sakle2k

krustyreturns

If you post the serverwmc log after emby connects it should show why some of the episodes didn't transfer.  To get the log file, go to the debug tab in serverwmc.

• Solution
krustyreturns

Fargo is flagged as copy protected, I imagine that's the problem with the other files too.  By default swmc doesn't transfer these files since no player besides wmc will play them, but you can turn this off: in the Display Options tab of swmc uncheck 'Hide content protected recordings'.  Hopefully they aren't really drm'd, but if they are they won't play in emby.

• Like 1

Fargo is flagged as copy protected, I imagine that's the problem with the other files too.  By default swmc doesn't transfer these files since no player besides wmc will play them, but you can turn this off: in the Display Options tab of swmc uncheck 'Hide content protected recordings'.  Hopefully they aren't really drm'd, but if they are they won't play in emby.

Thanks!

sakle2k

I made that change in Display Options and everything is available now. Wow, you guys are great, thanks for all the help!