MB3 on Tablets

elshagon

elshagon

I just got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 tablet, my first entry into tablet-landia and have a question for everyone.  I can stream my library using the Android MB3 app, but the tab is wifi only so what are my options when in the car and not on wifi?  Is there anyway to setup media browser locally on the tablet to display my library if I store it on the sd card?  I'd like to be able to have the ability to play my local library from my sd card with media browsers slick interface on the tablet for those times I have no wifi, such as in the car.  Any options?  

And what was the app if I may ask. Sent from my Nokia Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Redshirt's android app for media browser

elshagon

I ended up searching and found a pretty good app on the android market which did a nice job with widgets, coverart, etc that did the job well for my locally stored media on my tablet.

elshagon

Luke, I have the android app for media browser, but since my tablet is wifi only I need some way to organize my media stored locally on my tablets sd card to watch in the car etc.  I didn't want to post the other app info as its competition ;) .  The app I bought is Mizuu which seems to work pretty well.  If there's a way to put media browser on it at some point to play local files I will.  Here's some screenshots I took of the app:

Movie info sreenshot:

52a91fe415af9_Screenshot_20131211181820.

TV Show info:

52a9202284224_Screenshot_20131211181905.

Actors

52a92057dc040_Screenshot_20131211181926.

Episode List

52a9207cf2737_Screenshot_20131211181915.

Home Page Widget for quick access to movies or tv shows

52a9209d8e15a_Screenshot_20131211181753.

sfnetwork

So this app is for local media only? (stored on the device?)

If yes, this app and MB client are for completely different purposes/environments.

MB is for a centralized library environment. 

Like it was mentioned, in the future we might have sync feature but for now, no and since MB client needs a server, it won't "manage" any media.

***still, this app looks good for local media only (but not as good as MB client  :P )

Edited by sfnetwork

Redshirt

That app looks interesting. 

The Android client will support copying media to the device to take on the road. I think it's something that needs to be done to apply pressure to Plex. There's just a list of things that need/should be done first.

• Like 1

elshagon

Actually the app can use files from network shares, youtube, trailers, Google TV etc.  The only thing I've tried was for local media off my sd card.  It uses themoviedb and tvdb to pull the metadata.  If you guys develop something similar you should give it a look, works well.