Schedules Direct with PVR plugins

Damstas

Schedules Direct with PVR plugins  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have this feature?

Would you like to be able to use the built in Schedules Direct option in Emby with an external PVR plugin, such as NextPVR or MediaPortal? Emby uses this feature with HDHomerun tuners.

Currently you have to rely on EPG-data provided by the backend. ServerWMC does this well, but several backends don't have proper support and don't support images, which Emby can show in various places.

This feature would get you EPG-data from Schedules Direct if your tuner is not an HDHomerun or you rely on an PVR backend.  :)

post-14107-0-83894000-1445793105_thumb.png

Edited by Damstas

This feature would get the users of PVR plugins rich metadata that Schedules Direct has. Image below shows the situation, which users of PVR plugins face. If you use NextPVR, TVHeadend, DVBLink or MediaPortal you most likely have the same situation.

post-14107-0-78107500-1445948089_thumb.png

Edited by Damstas

MegaSwerv

I'd like to see these fields populated from my in-PC tuner, Whether it comes from NPVR or Emby starts support for tuners. I expect I will soon be investing in a Silicon Dust HDHomeRun tuner and a cable card from my local cable provider. I'm led to believe the network tuner will populate those fields via SchedulesDirect. The benefits of the network tuner: up to 3 different tuners, no load on pc like my current built in tuner, and I'll be able to get the encrypted channels I prefer to watch and it is better integrated into Emby.

I'd like to see these fields populated from my in-PC tuner, Whether it comes from NPVR or Emby starts support for tuners. I expect I will soon be investing in a Silicon Dust HDHomeRun tuner and a cable card from my local cable provider. I'm led to believe the network tuner will populate those fields via SchedulesDirect. The benefits of the network tuner: up to 3 different tuners, no load on pc like my current built in tuner, and I'll be able to get the encrypted channels I prefer to watch and it is better integrated into Emby.

Yeah you would need to get HDHomerun tuner in order to best integrate it with Emby. To my knowledge many Europeans can't use it for encrypted channels and have to rely on a PVR plugin.

Edited by Damstas

• 2 weeks later...