Problem playing LiveTV stream

mmesnjak

mmesnjak

Hi,

I have a problem playing livetv content on Android application.

I get the following message: Playback error. There was an error processing the request. Please try again.

Playing of livetv from my emby server works just fine when I use Chrome browser in Windows or in Linux.

I've attached log from the Android client app and the server logs.

c0431e09-3040-43f6-a5e1-4005687815a71.log

server_logs.zip

Yep, all 3 of my android devices spit out Playback Error.  Has been going on with the last 2 or 3 server releases but I haven't had the time to troubleshoot nor post.

Once in a while it will work if I use an external player, but not always.

Everything else, including recordings, seems to work fine.

I'll try to post files the next couple of days, for now I hope the above files is enough.

Also what tv services are you using? Unfortunately I cannot personally test all of the plugins but the built in live TV support for hdhr works every time in t testing

@ Bert, I tried setting that option but still the same issue.

@ Luke, I use ServerWMC.  I will try to post files the next couple of days.  Thx

I take it back, HTML does not work either.  On the server machine, it does not launch the stream.

On a client machine, it does launch the stream but never plays.  I also notice that the large ServerWMC stream files are created and is never stopped ( there are several topics covering this in the ServerWMC forum)

On Android device, the stream is launched and the Playback Error appears.  I also then notice the same large ServerWMC stream files.

Server 3.0.5781.0

Classic 3.0.283.0

ServerWMC 1.0.0.58

Android 2.3.80

Attached Logs and screenshot of the stream files.

server-63582192000.txt

transcode-faa06b57-9ca1-44fb-91aa-cb7a4258aaa0.txt

8dedc15a-7057-41e7-bbea-cbe41503d667.log

post-96-0-43608200-1446658518_thumb.jpg

mmesnjak

Also what tv services are you using? Unfortunately I cannot personally test all of the plugins but the built in live TV support for hdhr works every time in t testing

Well, the problem for me was with the MediaPortal plugin. But since then I have installed new beta of MPExtended service and now it works OK, both in HTML client and Android client.

But since I've bought HDHomeRun Connect device I have aspect ratio problems in HTML client... (another topic)

Ok, I was able to fix both the issues I listed above.

The first issue with the large live streams is not related but since I posted here I may was well provide the solution I found after reading a few threads.

Open up ServerWMC, HttpService tab, enable "Enable http host service (must be enabled for Ples Clients)"

This now opened and closed the live streams correctly.

The second and original issue of Playback Error was resolved by

Open up ServerWMC, HttpService tab, enable "Use URLs instead of SMB/UN paths for Emby-Server(experimental)"

I now have playback from all devices including html and Android.

563a49b9a43d6_Untitle2d.png

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem with Android and Mediabrowser MPExtended. I'm not sure if this is after updating to the latest version of the plugin today (1.3.2.815) or it was broke before. I updated MPExtended the other day too to the latest beta (0.6.0.3-Emby).

I've tried force transcoding on Android and force direct in MPE settings, the former comes up with a HW acceleration error.

Is anyone else using MPE and working OK? If so what versions/settings please?

pünktchen

I'm having the same problem with Android and Mediabrowser MPExtended. I'm not sure if this is after updating to the latest version of the plugin today (1.3.2.815) or it was broke before. I updated MPExtended the other day too to the latest beta (0.6.0.3-Emby).

I've tried force transcoding on Android and force direct in MPE settings, the former comes up with a HW acceleration error.

Is anyone else using MPE and working OK? If so what versions/settings please?

Next time you should post about your problems in MediaPortal section of this forum...

Plugin version and MPExtended version are the right ones. It's working great here!

Try these settings and if it doesn't work post a server log:

566f4ca3b02dd_settings.png

Next time you should post about your problems in MediaPortal section of this forum...

Plugin version and MPExtended version are the right ones. It's working great here!

Try these settings and if it doesn't work post a server log:

Thanks for the info. Sorry, I assumed it was the same problem so posted here so I didn't get flamed for starting a new thread!

I've narrowed it down to being the Android hardware I'm using anyway so I don't think it's MB related. On my nexus 5 runinng Marshmallow it plays fine. On my Lenovo A10-70f tablet on KitKat it won't play some HD streams. BBC & ITV streams specifically come up with a hardware acceleration error. Channel 4 HD plays but is unwatchable due to stuttering. SD channels seem fine. I'm not sure if this is a manufacturer issue or Android 4.4.4 in general. Is a server log still helpful or is there a way to debug the Android app? I'm assuming Emby should transcode then stream if the hardware isn't capable?

pünktchen

Thanks for the info. Sorry, I assumed it was the same problem so posted here so I didn't get flamed for starting a new thread!

I've narrowed it down to being the Android hardware I'm using anyway so I don't think it's MB related. On my nexus 5 runinng Marshmallow it plays fine. On my Lenovo A10-70f tablet on KitKat it won't play some HD streams. BBC & ITV streams specifically come up with a hardware acceleration error. Channel 4 HD plays but is unwatchable due to stuttering. SD channels seem fine. I'm not sure if this is a manufacturer issue or Android 4.4.4 in general. Is a server log still helpful or is there a way to debug the Android app? I'm assuming Emby should transcode then stream if the hardware isn't capable?

No logs needed.Probably it's your hardware... In the streaming settings of the MediaPortal plugin there's a setting "Force transcode for resolution greater than 720p". That should do the trick for you.