AutoBox Sets Questions

ab123ga

Happy2Play

Everyone will have there own opinion but I would have to disagree with the plugin removing all the boxsets on removal.

That behavior would be unwelcome by most and isn't what the plug-in is designed for.  The point of the plug-in is to create known box sets automatically and it does that.  Many people will use it initially to build the known ones and then remove the plug-in and modify/customize from there.  It gives them a head start but then they can customize as they wish.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Another question:

Is there a way to remove [boxset] from the end of the folder path name using the Metadata Manager?

currently I have the following:

Path:

/volume1/emby/data/collections/28 Days Weeks Later Collection [boxset]

but I want it to be:

Path:

/volume1/emby/data/collections/28 Days Weeks Later Collection

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, Mick_K said:

Another question:

Is there a way to remove [boxset] from the end of the folder path name using the Metadata Manager?

currently I have the following:

Path:

/volume1/emby/data/collections/28 Days Weeks Later Collection [boxset]

but I want it to be:

Path:

/volume1/emby/data/collections/28 Days Weeks Later Collection

No way that I know of.  I believe it is hard coded in the server as removing it from collection name, removes the Collection from Emby.

39 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

No way that I know of.  I believe it is hard coded in the server as removing it from collection name, removes the Collection from Emby.

Damn, not what I wanted to hear. Thanks anyway Happy.

The reason I asked is because it's a tautology in a way (boxsets are collections but just using a different name). I use another program as an additional (if not main) metadata manager that also puts collections in the same folder and doesn't append the [boxset] to the end of the folder name so now I have two sets of collection data in the same folder. Not a huge concern other than I am doubling up on drive space unnecessarily since I can't remove [boxset] from the end of the folder path using Emby and I can't append [boxset] to the end of the folder path using the other program (automatically - I can do it manually).

Edited by Mick_K
Clarification

I had the same thought about boxsets and collections naming.

Not sure what you mean by "doubling up" disc space? I just looked and 734 collections takes up 428MB of space which is nothing.  How many collections are you going to have where the space the "duplicate collections" matters?  They are just small text files.

Happy2Play

On 10/14/2020 at 7:14 PM, Mick_K said:

I use another program as an additional (if not main) metadata manager that also puts collections in the same folder

What other program are you using?  If you prefer the other program, it is extra step but you could not use Emby's Autobox set plugin and use a bulk renaming utility to suffix [boxset] to all boxset/collections created by your third party app.  Assuming this app is creating usable info for Emby.

5 hours ago, cayars said:

I had the same thought about boxsets and collections naming.

Not sure what you mean by "doubling up" disc space? I just looked and 734 collections takes up 428MB of space which is nothing.  How many collections are you going to have where the space the "duplicate collections" matters?  They are just small text files.

I meant that the other program (tMM) stores collections exactly the same way Emby does except without the [boxset] suffice eg:

Emby stores the collection as: ...\emby\data\collections\28 Days Weeks Later Collection [boxset]

tMM stores the collection as ...\emby\data\collections\28 Days Weeks Later Collection

That means I have two folders containing the same metadata (xml file + several media picture files) for every single collection (hence the doubling up of data). Currently there is no way to alter Emby Autobox and tMM only allows you to edit the pathname manually for each collection (which I have done but it is extremely time consuming).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

What other program are you using?  If you prefer the other program, it is extra step but you could not use Emby's Autobox set plugin and use a bulk renaming utility to suffix [boxset] to all boxset/collections created by your third party app.  Assuming this app is creating usable info for Emby.

tMM (tinyMediaManager).

Unfortunately, tMM would not see the change in folder name if I used a bulk renamer. I have manually edited each collection in tMM to append the [boxset] suffix to the path name. It works but it is very time consuming initially to do this if you have several hundred collections.