Jump to content
ab123ga

AutoBox Sets Questions

Recommended Posts

Happy2Play

Everyone will have there own opinion but I would have to disagree with the plugin removing all the boxsets on removal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ebr

That behavior would be unwelcome by most and isn't what the plug-in is designed for.  The point of the plug-in is to create known box sets automatically and it does that.  Many people will use it initially to build the known ones and then remove the plug-in and modify/customize from there.  It gives them a head start but then they can customize as they wish.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke

The plugin doesn't remove boxsets, so there has to be something else going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mick_K

Another question:

Is there a way to remove [boxset] from the end of the folder path name using the Metadata Manager?

currently I have the following:

Path:

/volume1/emby/data/collections/28 Days Weeks Later Collection [boxset]

 

but I want it to be:

Path:

/volume1/emby/data/collections/28 Days Weeks Later Collection

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, Mick_K said:

Another question:

Is there a way to remove [boxset] from the end of the folder path name using the Metadata Manager?

currently I have the following:

Path:

/volume1/emby/data/collections/28 Days Weeks Later Collection [boxset]

 

but I want it to be:

Path:

/volume1/emby/data/collections/28 Days Weeks Later Collection

 

No way that I know of.  I believe it is hard coded in the server as removing it from collection name, removes the Collection from Emby.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mick_K
39 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

No way that I know of.  I believe it is hard coded in the server as removing it from collection name, removes the Collection from Emby.

 

Damn, not what I wanted to hear. Thanks anyway Happy.

The reason I asked is because it's a tautology in a way (boxsets are collections but just using a different name). I use another program as an additional (if not main) metadata manager that also puts collections in the same folder and doesn't append the [boxset] to the end of the folder name so now I have two sets of collection data in the same folder. Not a huge concern other than I am doubling up on drive space unnecessarily since I can't remove [boxset] from the end of the folder path using Emby and I can't append [boxset] to the end of the folder path using the other program (automatically - I can do it manually).

Edited by Mick_K
Clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cayars

I had the same thought about boxsets and collections naming.

Not sure what you mean by "doubling up" disc space? I just looked and 734 collections takes up 428MB of space which is nothing.  How many collections are you going to have where the space the "duplicate collections" matters?  They are just small text files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy2Play

 

On 10/14/2020 at 7:14 PM, Mick_K said:

I use another program as an additional (if not main) metadata manager that also puts collections in the same folder

What other program are you using?  If you prefer the other program, it is extra step but you could not use Emby's Autobox set plugin and use a bulk renaming utility to suffix [boxset] to all boxset/collections created by your third party app.  Assuming this app is creating usable info for Emby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mick_K
5 hours ago, cayars said:

I had the same thought about boxsets and collections naming.

Not sure what you mean by "doubling up" disc space? I just looked and 734 collections takes up 428MB of space which is nothing.  How many collections are you going to have where the space the "duplicate collections" matters?  They are just small text files.

I meant that the other program (tMM) stores collections exactly the same way Emby does except without the [boxset] suffice eg:

Emby stores the collection as: ...\emby\data\collections\28 Days Weeks Later Collection [boxset]

tMM stores the collection as ...\emby\data\collections\28 Days Weeks Later Collection

That means I have two folders containing the same metadata (xml file + several media picture files) for every single collection (hence the doubling up of data). Currently there is no way to alter Emby Autobox and tMM only allows you to edit the pathname manually for each collection (which I have done but it is extremely time consuming).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mick_K
5 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

 

What other program are you using?  If you prefer the other program, it is extra step but you could not use Emby's Autobox set plugin and use a bulk renaming utility to suffix [boxset] to all boxset/collections created by your third party app.  Assuming this app is creating usable info for Emby.

tMM (tinyMediaManager).

Unfortunately, tMM would not see the change in folder name if I used a bulk renamer. I have manually edited each collection in tMM to append the [boxset] suffix to the path name. It works but it is very time consuming initially to do this if you have several hundred collections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...