AutoBox Sets Questions

ab123ga

ab123ga

Not a major item but have 2 questions about Autobox plugin.

1) I understand that if themoviedb has no collection image the plugin cannot get one. My question is in some cases the plugin seems use the posters for the included movies and merges them into some form of a poster and in other cases it does not. Is there a reason for that? I've attached a screenshot. Beetlejuice Collection merged its own poster yet Batman Unlimited Collection did not. 

2) This may be a linked question. Why in some cases does the box set have [MB Auto Set] at the end of the name? I say this may be linked because it seems like all with this have the image question I noted above. 

post-1858-0-53186700-1445685149_thumb.jpg

If you are seeing "[Auto...]" in the name then that means there is no metadata for that collection.  Try refreshing it.  If that works, we need to see why metadata wasn't found the first time.

ab123ga

I decided to delete all the collections that I knew (or thought) had the [Auto...] so I could to a fresh run of Autobox set to see if all were missing metadata. All the collections were re-added with the [Auto...] designation and I had mixed result of having metadata vs not. There are some that come back with posters but that's likely because I added them manually when I was working them this morning.  I'm not going to list all but here are a few in each category. 

Box Sets that had metadata and came back with a poster.

The Conguring = https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/313086

Godzilla = https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/221541

Lego Batman collection = https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/330474

Box sets that had meta data but had no poster.

Fifty Shade of Grey = https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/344830

Mythica Series = https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/363092

Box Sets that had NO meta data as you noted.

Independence Day = https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/304378

Winnie the Pooh Collection = https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/355278

Good day Ebr,

I rechecked, most of the new boxset been adding by the plugin, will indicated with the name [auto .. ], all the metadata/image are there, but still need it at top level for collection at the metadata manger a refresh to fully removed that add [auto .... ] name to a collections titles.

What exactly you looking for so we can provide that to you, I been doing logs as you know regarding this matters for some times now.

My best

ab123ga

My only question was why the Tag on the end of the box sets. I can remove manually but would be nice if they just were not there. The no posters on some is not a big deal either. 

My only question was why the Tag on the end of the box sets. I can remove manually but would be nice if they just were not there. The no posters on some is not a big deal either. 

You can solve this issue "naming as well some image issue" by going to the metadata manager then click on collections as you see in the image for steps:

562bc2f88deeb_20151024_203817.png

But I think Ebr want to know the reason for this issue.

The name being like that is a symptom of another problem.  That is the actual name of the folder in the file system.  The fact you are seeing that in the interface means the item has no metadata so it is showing the physical name since it doesn't have any other one.

The metadata is actually provided by the core services as opposed to the plug-in and something in how things refresh must have changed in a recent version that is causing these new sets to not get their metadata brought in without a manual refresh.

• Like 1

Good day Ebr,

To my testing, the items that have naming "[Auto ....]" to end of the titles collection, in fact have all the metadata info in them, some have poster image, some are not (do not know the reason for that, since the poster are there at TMDB site).

My best

ab123ga

So is the [Auto...] at the end of the box set names going to be normal behavior? I just need to know if this is what to expect going forward so I know that I have to apply a manual edit to all names since I don't want that tag on the end. 

• 4 years later...
MediaMogal

Would like to know how to purge ALL AutoBox data from Emby. I've installed and tried the plugin and find it's not for me. Now that I have removed it I'm still getting collections auto-created. I've gone as far as removing Collections and Movie Series, scanning the libraries, adding back the Movie Series library and as soon as I create one collection Emby auto-creates collections for everything in the Movie Series library once again. I really need this behavior ended. Thanks

Happy2Play

There is no way for Emby to auto create Boxsets without the Auto Boxset plugin.  Please provide a server log.  May need a debug log showing what you are describing.  Enable debugging Dashboard-Logs.  Note you have to restart Emby when enabling or disabling debug logging.

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, MediaMogal said:

Now that I have removed it I'm still getting collections auto-created.

I guess the only way I can see this happening is if you did not restart Emby after removing/uninstalling the plugin.

But in the end you will have to manually delete every collection or delete the contents of your "\Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections" folder and do a library scan.  Path would be OS specific  but can see the path near the top of the log file or on the Dashboard Paths box.

As it sounds you removed the library but not the virtual collections.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

To me it looks like it is re-reading the virtual collections that reside in "\Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections", Deleting the Collections Library from Dashboard-Library does not delete these virtual collections.  You have to manually delete/multi-select and delete or manually delete from that folder and do library scan.

In your case "/var/lib/emby/data/collections/" folder

• Like 1

MediaMogal

OK deleted both libraries, did a scan, restarted the server, recreated movie series, scanning now, will test with one collection and if I get as I suspect the same thing will empty that folder after shutting down Emby.

Happy2Play
3 hours ago, MediaMogal said:

I will say that plugin needs A LOT of work.

It does exactly what it is designed to do.  Create a Boxset from TMDB provided collectionid number.

MediaMogal
2 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  What, exactly?

Like when it's removed and one restarts their server ANY collection it created should automatically removed.

MediaMogal
51 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

It does exactly what it is designed to do.  Create a Boxset from TMDB provided collectionid number.

See my above post. 

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, MediaMogal said:

Like when it's removed and one restarts their server ANY collection it created should automatically removed.

Wow if I uninstall Emby should it delete all images and metadata it download and put next to my media?  To the that is way beyond the scope of any plugin.

MediaMogal
Just now, Happy2Play said:

Wow if I uninstall Emby should it delete all images and metadata it download and put next to my media?  To the that is way beyond the scope of any plugin.

There is HUGE difference between having the program remove ites it stores in individual folders OUTSIDE the program folders themselves and having the plugin set to remove ALL data it created within the Emby program folder. So lets try that again.