Server - Choose subtitle addition

G1zm0

I configured the Server to search for subtitles in my language (Dutch, Flemish).

This is working fine, but Emby adds the ".dut" to the srt-file.

According to ISO 3166 and ISO 639-1 the more general option should be ".nl".

I have the rest of my media configured with the ".nl" addition.

To avoid discussions, I propose to make subtitle addition configurable. So I can set it to "nl" manually.
This way everybody can be happy.

• 4 weeks later...
Deathsquirrel

Is this even something that's controlled by Emby?  It's downloading existing SRT files from a website.  Is it also renaming those files?

If Emby is naming the files a user configuration for this has about zero chance of getting implemented.  Changing a DUT to a NL is probably very easy however.

When searching manually for the subtitles on Opensubtitles.org all the subs are without the language extension.

So yeah, I assume Emby is renaming the files. Or adding the extension, to be more correct.

I also use de Kodi pulugin on my media streamer. When using the Kodi subtitle seeker, it will add the right extension.

Maybe another suggestion. Skip the user configuration.
Just implement the right extension for the subs. And by right I mean the ".nl" extension.

Deathsquirrel

I downloaded a subtitle in Dutch from the site and the zip had .dut in the title but the sub it contained did not.  Not sure how Emby processes those.  Might want to post in the server forum to confirm if it's a bug or not.