remove info from detail page

Taurec

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, harrv said:

Good idea. I tried that, logged in as the new admin user, and still see no path.

image.thumb.png.6232ec717dff0933cc04b7452b59f624.png

Are there any errors in your browser console (F12)?  Do you have another browser you can check with.

But I am not seeing any issue in FF, Chrome/Edge or IOS app on iPhone.

I only see what you are seeing on non-admin Emby users.

harrv
10 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Are there any errors in your browser console (F12)?  Do you have another browser you can check with.

But I am not seeing any issue in FF, Chrome/Edge or IOS app on iPhone.

I only see what you are seeing on non-admin Emby users.

No errors or warnings in the browser console. Same behavior on Edge and Chrome.

Here is my admin user that I am logged in as when I check. It's just that "Allow this user to manage the server" that I should need checked, right? Anything else that must be checked or unchecked?

image.thumb.png.266f2a22f64bdd9bfe4f84a6abbbe634.png

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, harrv said:

No errors or warnings in the browser console. Same behavior on Edge and Chrome.

Here is my admin user that I am logged in as when I check. It's just that "Allow this user to manage the server" that I should need checked, right? Anything else that must be checked or unchecked?

image.thumb.png.266f2a22f64bdd9bfe4f84a6abbbe634.png

Everything looks correct, there is only one setting to be admin, "Allow this user to manage the server".  

Minus errors in server log, (can you post a server log), I am out of ideas since a new admin has the same results.

harrv

I figured out the problem. It appears to be a bug in Emby server related to the optional shared network folder on each library folder. If I remove that, then I see a path in Media Info. But I need that shared network setting in order for direct playback in Kodi for items synced with the Emby extension. Without it, I would have to use the EmbyCon extension instead, but that has some disadvantages in my setup and I rather not have to remove it.

This is definitely a recent issue, within the last one or two public releases of Emby server.

image.thumb.png.8437d73c000d14df22c9e39110816847.png

I would try to help pinpoint the issue even more than that, except I can't see any commits on github since 2018?

Edited by harrv
  • Like 1

rbjtech

I have the optional shares (for Shield direct File playback, used the same as your Kodi requirement) and can still see the (primary) path just fine in media info.

Could it be that the primary path is only displayed if the optional shared folder is a UNC share name - ie not an nfs mount ?

Maybe you can create a UNC share to test this theory on your system ?

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, harrv said:

I figured out the problem. It appears to be a bug in Emby server related to the optional shared network folder on each library folder. If I remove that, then I see a path in Media Info. But I need that shared network setting in order for direct playback in Kodi for items synced with the Emby extension. Without it, I would have to use the EmbyCon extension instead, but that has some disadvantages in my setup and I rather not have to remove it.

This is definitely a recent issue, within the last one or two public releases of Emby server.

image.thumb.png.8437d73c000d14df22c9e39110816847.png

I would try to help pinpoint the issue even more than that, except I can't see any commits on github since 2018?

We'll look at why that's happening. thanks.

harrv

Thanks, Luke. Sorry about my early and incorrect assumption that this was happening to everyone. It'll be good to see it fixed though. 👍

• 1 year later...
harrv
On 6/15/2021 at 9:28 AM, Luke said:

We'll look at why that's happening. thanks.

I'd still really love a fix for this. I hope it made it into your issue tracker!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
visproduction

I just put the code below in CSS and if I want to find the location of media as admin, I click the edit Metadata button which is right at the top of the media page.  Or you can use the Metadata Manager in the left pull out menu, also one click away, then click the media name.  With a mouse, it's actually faster to find the file location from the media page with a button click,  than scrolling down the page.  

This does not, however, hide the location if the user looks at the page source or does a browser inspect.  If you want to protect all 3rd party playback for someone who knows to look into the page source, then remove the data completely from the media page and leave it only on the metadata editing template, which can be set, I believe, to admin only access.

/* Remove Media file location from media page */
.itemView.darkContentContainer-item.view.flex.flex-direction-column.scrollFrameY.flex-grow.emby-scroller.page.scrollY.overflowYScroll > div > div.details-additionalContent.padded-bottom-page.details-additionalContent-withbackdrop > div.verticalSection.audioVideoMediaInfo > div.mediaSources > div > div:nth-child(2) > div > div:nth-child(1) {
	display:none;
}

• 1 year later...
iPhoneMaxPro
On 10/21/2015 at 6:22 PM, Taurec said:

Hi

@ Cerothen

that's it. (div[style=max-width:600px;overflow:hidden] { display:none; })

(it remove also the path for admins but anyway for me)

thank you.

@ all

i did not check any other clients.(only the web client)

For me, no standart user has to see any information about "real" paths.

Admins are a different story.

cu Taurec

Is there an update to remove media info? (App Emby no css)

Hi, there's already an open request for this or something functionally equivalent. Please join in and contribute to the existing discussion at: