Library Image Change

breezytm

breezytm

Hey guys, 

After the latest update, the library icons for some of my users have been changed to the older icons. I must also add that t didn't change for all users. It used to have the dynamically generated icon. I didn't manually changed anything. 

Here's a screenshot

5625137d0aa16_ScreenShot20151019at114427

I think all you have to do is highlight the root folder in the metadata editor ((eg. Movies)) and then select "edit images", press the trash can icon on the "primary" image, and do a media refresh... That should create dynamic icons again for you libraries, I think :)

Edited by chef
  • Like 2

Happy2Play

Those images where probably already in root\default and are suppose to take priority over dynamic images.  chef gave the proper way to update/refresh them.  You will have to refresh the browser or restart the server for cache to update new images.

• Like 1

breezytm

I think all you have to do is highlight the root folder in the metadata editor ((eg. Movies)) and then select "edit images", press the trash can icon on the "primary" image, and do a media refresh... That should create dynamic icons again for you libraries, I think :)

Great. Now thanks to you my setup is ruined. 

Nah I'm just kidding. Thanks dude. That took care of the movies library problem but not the channels one. There is no metadata manager option for Channels main library. I also delete all the old pictures. I hope I didn't break anything by doing so.  Now Collections, Playlists and Camera Uploads didn't generate any images. I am guessing its because I am not using them so they aren't pictures to dynamically generate a library picture from. 

• Like 1

breezytm

Those images where probably already in root\default and are suppose to take priority over dynamic images.  chef gave the proper way to update/refresh them.  You will have to refresh the browser or restart the server for cache to update new images.

Thanks for the help. But hey, did i mess anything up by deleting the images for Collections, Playlists and Camera Uploads? Also do you know the path to Channels image. Can't find it. 

Edited by breezytm

Happy2Play

Thanks for the help. But hey, did i mess anything up by deleting the images for Collections, Playlists and Camera Uploads? Also do you know the path to Channels image. Can't find it. 

No, as you already stated "because I am not using them so they aren't pictures to dynamically generate".

Happy2Play

Not sure on dynamic images on channels, but you should find the image here.  C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\views\channels

breezytm

Okay. I have my install since MB3 first released. My folder path doesn't really match yours 

I have C:\Users\username\AppData\MediaBrowser-Server\ but no metadata directory.  The only directory i've found with a folder call channels is C:\Users\username\AppData\MediaBrowser-Server\cache\channels and doesn't seem like the right one. 

Ugh :(  that's why I hate running on legacy stuff. One of these days I have to sit down and do a clean install of everything to prevent troubleshooting issues like this. But my setup been running fine for so long I don't wish to mess it up. 

Great. Now thanks to you my setup is ruined.

Nah I'm just kidding. Thanks dude. That took care of the movies library problem but not the channels one. There is no metadata manager option for Channels main library. I also delete all the old pictures. I hope I didn't break anything by doing so. Now Collections, Playlists and Camera Uploads didn't generate any images. I am guessing its because I am not using them so they aren't pictures to dynamically generate a library picture from.

Ahh! You almost had me there...

• Like 1

Okay. I have my install since MB3 first released. My folder path doesn't really match yours

I have C:\Users\username\AppData\MediaBrowser-Server\ but no metadata directory. The only directory i've found with a folder call channels is C:\Users\username\AppData\MediaBrowser-Server\cache\channels and doesn't seem like the right one.

Ugh :( that's why I hate running on legacy stuff. One of these days I have to sit down and do a clean install of everything to prevent troubleshooting issues like this. But my setup been running fine for so long I don't wish to mess it up.

When in the server directory find the "Root" folder.

There I believe you will find sub folders you are looking for. Libraries and collections etc.

Maybe channels...

Edited by chef

Happy2Play

Each release is changing stuff also.  In .3 Edit was removed from the right click/3 Dot menu, which would have taken you to the metadata manager path.

All I can say is if/when you do a complete uninstall/reinstall is use the Server Configuration Backup plugin, since there are a lot of legacy config setting in your system.xml.

Happy2Play

When in the server directory find the "Root" folder.

There I believe you will find sub folders you are looking for. Libraries and collections etc.

Maybe channels...

Root\default contains all your added libraries

Data\collections for Collections

Data\playlists for Playlists

Data\camerauploads for camerauploads

For channels you can also try data\metadata\channels\"Random ID Folder"\metadata

What is wierd is that I originally wanted to keep the icons that where not dynamically created, but when I updated to one of the last betas, I got the dynamic icons. So, I thought: alright go with the flow (get the simplified icons back seemed hard).

Now with the beta which was just released, I am having the same problem as the OP. Hilarious! I followed my own advice, and the dynamic icons are not showing up.

I cleared the browser cache, restart the server and nothing.

I am going to attempt a clean data base task and see what happens... Lol!

My home screen is a little mismatched right now ...lol

• Like 1

Happy2Play

What is your EnableUserViews set to?

I have done most of my testing with EnableUserViews set to true.

Custom Images

Steps that work with set to true

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

breezytm

@@chef I was on the same boat. After I deleted the original images I wasn't getting the dynamic ones created. I know the EnableUserViews is already set to true since I set it many month ago and i've been using it. I ran the following scheduled tasks and the images started showing up

- clean database

- refresh people

- scan media library

Here's a view of my sever folder structure 

56257cb70f926_ScreenShot20151019at72558P

@@Happy2Play I've been backing up my server with the backup plugin but I'm reluctant to do a restore because I don't want to bring old stuff to a new setup when I do decide to do it over. It's going to be a lot of work and I can't say I look forward to it. 

Anyway, I wonder why all over sudden this issue started appearing. 

Happy2Play

Anyway, I wonder why all over sudden this issue started appearing. 

Do to the changing of   <EnableUserSpecificUserViews>  to   <EnableUserViews>.

• Like 1

I found the parent folder for "Trailers", and anyother "Channels". It is in the ImagesByName Folder. :)

Then switch the refresh to "Local Only" Refresh.

Edited by chef

Vidman

What is wierd is that I originally wanted to keep the icons that where not dynamically created, but when I updated to one of the last betas, I got the dynamic icons. So, I thought: alright go with the flow (get the simplified icons back seemed hard).

Now with the beta which was just released, I am having the same problem as the OP. Hilarious! I followed my own advice, and the dynamic icons are not showing up.

I cleared the browser cache, restart the server and nothing.

I am going to attempt a clean data base task and see what happens... Lol!

My home screen is a little mismatched right now ...lol

yea join the group;)

Do to the changing of <EnableUserSpecificUserViews> to <EnableUserViews>.

{thumbs up} I didn't know that changed.

An import tip/trick is in the new version of the metadata manager.

To only refresh the library images, make sure "Local refresh Only" is highlighted and then choose "Replace Images" in the image refresh.

This worked for my "movies", "tv", and "music" libraries. I am still waiting on "playlists", and "collections" to make a change...

• Like 1

Happy2Play

{thumbs up} I didn't know that changed.

An import tip/trick is in the new version of the metadata manager.

To only refresh the library images, make sure "Local refresh Only" is highlighted and then choose "Replace Images" in the image refresh.

This worked for my "movies", "tv", and "music" libraries. I am still waiting on "playlists", and "collections" to make a change...

Collections I just ensured I deleted on Home screen and Metadata Manager, then Refresh-Local refresh Only-none in Metadata Manager, went back to Home screen and Ctrl+F5 and Dynamic image was there.

oops maintenance window

• Like 2

Yes i'm sorry for the confusion guys. My intention is to put us on a path toward using library setup to configure all of these images. it should work very well for brand new installs, it's just difficult to make the change for existing installations without resulting in loss of your existing data. so that's why that hidden config switch is there which gets set to true as the user completes the startup wizard. in an attempt to move everyone over quicker, i'm also going to have it set to true for all new users you create.

• Like 3

breezytm

I found the folder and deleted the images. But now i got this as an icon (see picture below). I am not sure if that's what the real icon should look like. Maybe one of you guys can confirm for me please. I recalled the "channels" library used to generate a dynamic image as well. Unlike the movies, tv shows libraries, I can't do an edit on channels and do a refresh. 

Just as a side note. I know this thread isn't related to this topic at all. Has "group channels" been taken away. I can't get my server to group my channels anymore for any newly created users. It works only with this account but this account was the first one created when the server was first built.

5626f460d7549_Untitled.png