Theme Videos & mp3's - volume leveling and other settings?

yaksplat

yaksplat

I purchased the plugins for the theme videos for movies, TV and the theme songs for tv.  After using them for a few days, I have some feedback.

The volume of many of the videos and audio files are all over the place.  We were nearly blown out of the room by a few of them.

Sometimes some of the audio can get annoying if you keep hearing it over and over.  Perhaps there could be a method to disable theme audio per show or adjust playback volume.

Repetition:  A setting to allow how many times the theme.* file will play.

If I delete a theme.* file, it will just get redownloaded, even if it's a bad clip.  A UI to select the file to download would be nice, similar to the Online images function.

Overall, the plugins add a lot to mediabrowser 3 and it's a great start, but I think they need a bit more user defined features built in.

radeon

I purchased the plugins for the theme videos for movies, TV and the theme songs for tv.  After using them for a few days, I have some feedback.

The volume of many of the videos and audio files are all over the place.  We were nearly blown out of the room by a few of them.

Sometimes some of the audio can get annoying if you keep hearing it over and over.  Perhaps there could be a method to disable theme audio per show or adjust playback volume.

Repetition:  A setting to allow how many times the theme.* file will play.

If I delete a theme.* file, it will just get redownloaded, even if it's a bad clip.  A UI to select the file to download would be nice, similar to the Online images function.

Overall, the plugins add a lot to mediabrowser 3 and it's a great start, but I think they need a bit more user defined features built in.

Hey @@yaksplat,

I find the videos to be pretty stable for volume, its just the songs i find can be all over the place, unfortunately i don't control these as they are from an external source.

A normalising feature is  being looked into at the minute which would process the media to level their audio one time only. Some of the videos are louder for me when dts etc kicks in. My Surround Sound always plays them louder for some reason. I guess that may also be a little bit codec based my end so any normalising there wouldn't have an effect.

I don't actually control the playback of the theme unless you are using the MBC free plugin recently released, that does trigger the playback but again, doesnt have any involvement with the audio. Which brings me onto your repetition point. What application are you using for playback? If its MBC and using the free plugin, that can be configured through the MBC Configurator to limit the number of times played.

Again, the indexing is being looked into. It will likely be in a release in the future.

All the best,

swhitmore

Great update @@radeon. I can confirm that many of the videos are really loud for me also. Most of them could do with about half the level they are now.