Centralized Authentication Functionality (LDAP/SSO/HTML Header/RADIUS) [DEVELOPMENT STARTED]

Untoten

Untoten

A new topic would probably be better, otherwise it's hard to assess the interest level for SSO vs LDAP. There could be a lot who are satisfied with what we've already done but that's difficult to measure.

Fair enough, I will try to separate all the information and likes in a different topic.  How hard would it be to just accept proxy/header auth?  That could be a simple SSO solution that would not require a full up-to-spec SAML implementation.

Thank you again for getting this done, with my poor luck I flew out to Denmark the day you released it and have not had a chance to try it yet haha.

• 4 weeks later...

I've pushed an update to the LDAP plugin to allow you to specify the default libraries that an LDAP user should be given access to. Thanks !

• 4 weeks later...
doug.dimick

I'm trying to figure out where I can add my self-signed CA root cert so that I can use the LDAP plugin with SSL. In the Emby docker image there's /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt but appending the certificate to that file doesn't appear to help. Where does Emby look for trusted CA certs?

That's a good question. We haven't tested that sort of thing at this point.

doug.dimick

On another note, I generally permit ldap users to log in using either their uid/username or their email address. Emby treats those as two separate accounts, though. It would be nice if I could tell Emby to use a specific ldap field for the Emby-side account name. The below string works for authentication the way I want, I just wind up with both "doug" and "doug@my.org" as Emby accounts if I log in both ways.

User search filter:

(&(|(uid={0})(|(mailPrimaryAddress={0})(mail={0})))(memberof=cn=embyusers,cn=groups,cn=accounts,dc=my,dc=org))

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
metalcated

LDAP works, but its simple and only one authentication method. Regardless kodos for making this happen! :) 

I saw in the main thread 

• SAML2 connector

Is that still something that is being considered? I would really like having that functionality to integrate Okta authentication as a means of logging in. Just curious. Thanks!

LDAP works, but its simple and only one authentication method. Regardless kodos for making this happen! :)

I saw in the main thread 

• SAML2 connector

Is that still something that is being considered? I would really like having that functionality to integrate Okta authentication as a means of logging in. Just curious. Thanks!

I guess first we need to understand the demand for that compared to just having LDAP. Can you open a feature request topic for this? That will allow us to better measure it. Thanks !

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the info. I guess we'll find out as soon as we can test it. If it doesn't then we'll update the plugin.

• 1 year later...