Centralized Authentication Functionality (LDAP/SSO/HTML Header/RADIUS) [DEVELOPMENT STARTED]

Untoten

It is something we would love to do, but first we need to get our offline sync and live tv features a little more mature. it is in our crosshairs though.

• 2 weeks later...
DexDeadly

I"ve agreed this needs to happen in a previous thread. Ā I have things like subsonic which uses LDAP and it makes life so much easier to just attach the authentication to that as it is a one stop spot for all my users. Ā If there is anything I can do to help test or w/e please let me know. Ā I can really really use this!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Untoten

I am not sure why TV is even a priority as the lack of ability to watch encrypted channels makes its usability greatly diminished.

drashna

I am not sure why TV is even a priority as the lack of ability to watch encrypted channels makes its usability greatly diminished.

OTA broadcasts are common?

Ā 

A lot of channels aren't encrypted:

Ā 

Various solutions work fine with Live TV?

• 1 month later...
Untoten

OTA broadcasts are common?

Ā 

A lot of channels aren't encrypted:

Ā 

Various solutions work fine with Live TV?

With HomeRun cable card box and ServerWMC I get about 10 useable channels. Ā MTV, Comedy Central, Cartoon Network and basically any interesting channel is encrypted.

pĆ¼nktchen

With HomeRun cable card box and ServerWMC I get about 10 useable channels. MTV, Comedy Central, Cartoon Network and basically any interesting channel is encrypted.

There's a world outside of USA [emoji6]
  • Like 3

Untoten

There's a world outside of USA [emoji6]

Oh, sorry, I usually follow world politics, not the inner workings of cable subscriptions worldwide.

Spaceboy

Oh, sorry, I usually follow world politics, not the inner workings of cable subscriptions worldwide.

And do you make weak assumptions about that without checking your facts too?

• 4 weeks later...
Untoten

If we got SSO working we could use Kerberos and users would autologin with their local Windows credentials :). Ā Not to mention auto user-provisioning if we treat SSO as just passthrough and the IDP as authorization handler.

schmitty

This is nothing to do with emby, tuner manufacturers need to develop tuners which support cable and satellite encrypted services... ie. CA - IRdeto, MacroVision, etc.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Untoten

This is nothing to do with emby, tuner manufacturers need to develop tuners which support cable and satellite encrypted services... ie. CA - IRdeto, MacroVision, etc.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ā 

Let's keep it on topic, it was my mistake for bringing up other topics.

Ā 

@@Luke @@ebr This FR is quickly approaching 100 endorsements by users, any timeline update? or a timeline at all?

Deathsquirrel

Let's keep it on topic, it was my mistake for bringing up other topics.

Ā 

@@Luke @@ebr This FR is quickly approaching 100 endorsements by users, any timeline update? or a timeline at all?

Ā 

Just FYI the top of the thread says 33 Likes.Ā  That's actually quite a lot for a FR.Ā  I have zero use for this feature but clearly it's a popular idea.

• Like 1

Untoten

100...?

Yes @@ebr It is >80 right now and getting 1-2 more per week. Ā I took quite a bit of time listing all endorsements, you can see them on my first post, I listed all of them including counts for each location.

Ā 

EDIT: It is also a year since I made this request that has been illustrated by the community is a high desire. Ā The biggest thing holding it back is SSL, which is really a necessity at this stage, especially with the DPI going on now.

Ā 

Without SSL, passwords cannot be passed from client to server in plaintext, so even a hack together SSO solution is not possible without a complex pass-the-hash solution.

Edited by Untoten

Spaceboy

100...?

Some serious double counting here. The GitHub and bounty pages are essentially identical users and posts

Cerothen

Rule #1 of dev club don't ask for deadlines on features.

Ā 

Rule #2 of dev club submit a pull request if rule one doesn't work for you

Untoten

Some serious double counting here. The GitHub and bounty pages are essentially identical users and posts

I gathered the information available to me, it is up to the Emby team to weigh its value, but thank you for your valuable input.

Ā 

EDIT: Many of the usernames appear to be different, so I am unsure as to the basis of your assumption.

Ā 

Ā 

Rule #1 of dev club don't ask for deadlines on features.

Ā 

Rule #2 of dev club submit a pull request if rule one doesn't work for you

I am not a dev, I am a paying customer that will pay much more if this is implemented. Ā It is the only real request I do and have ever cared about. Ā I am not asking an exact deadline, just an estimate of when it may even be started. Ā This is a completely reasonable request.

Edited by Untoten
  • Like 2

Untoten

@@Luke @@ebr When you finally do develop this perhaps thinking of offering it as a paid plugin as it is more of an enterprise request. Ā I would not be mad spending $50 for this feature as a plugin. Ā I know it can be a bitch, but I will pay a heavy bounty for this, plus the recurring revenue from others that purchase the plugin.Ā 

Edited by Untoten
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
CrowTC

I would love to integrate Emby into my home LDAP/AD authentication.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...