HELP! my library has dissapeared

castiger
Go to solution Solved by castiger,

castiger

Hi

first post here ,hope you can help?

I am running Kodi 15.2-RC3 Git:20151004-d0191b0 with emby 1.04 plugin.

I have Eminence skin enabled.

I am part way through configuring my skin and after a PC reboot all my TV and movies have disappeared!

I have done a local database reset, but it does not reinstate the library.

I have attached my log file ,?

Thankyou

kodi.log

Angelblue05

Please try the latest emby for kodi beta version 1.1.50 (open the side blade in kodi settings > add-ons, to force to check for an update). It should hopefully fix this situation. Please let me know, thanks.

Edited by Angelblue05

castiger

So have done the update as instructed, re-synced the library and all was restored and working.

Then i did a reboot and same again, Emby connects and says welcome, but  empty library!.

So i did a rebuild of library, but it starts to sync got through two folders and just stops. weird! :wacko:

New Log attached, 

kodi.log

Angelblue05

If you launch the emby for Kodi add-on and go inside your userviews entries directly, does content show up? You could try a different skin to see if you still get the same issue. Your logs are showing a bunch of script skin helper errors.

@@marcelveldt

Edited by Angelblue05

castiger

Hi

Ok so inside the addon in user views, its the same situation. Any folders on the server that have movies and TV in them are empty, All other folders are fine. I have ,Kids TV, TV Series, TV comedy, Movies and Kids movies folders that are not showing up. I have Laurel & Hardy, music Video, Stand up comedy, those folders all show up fine.

I have changed skins from eminece to artic:Zephr to confluence, makes no difference.

If i completely remove and reinstall everything. the first sync is all good then all goes bad again after reboot, re-sync or library update.

Could it be something in my emby server or folders corrupting the database?

• Solution
castiger

Hello

I seem to have tracked down the issue !

It was server side.the sever was loosing content in random folders upon restart and reboot and wasn't set to scan upon restarting.Why it is loosing its content is another thread in another forum i guess. But i have a scan running now every 15 minutes to keep it up to date and all seems ok now kodi side.

so thank you for your assistance and sorry to waste your time.  :)

• Like 1