CoverArt Boxset Sizing

yardameus
Go to solution Solved by yardameus,

yardameus

I think it basically keep the same width of the final image, so there isn't more space taken up by the boxset images.  Can't speak more technically about it, but I've found any boxset treatments tend to adhere to that.

Search and tags are broken on the old CT so I can't find the old post.  Basically, if two different images are different shapes and you want to show them both in the same sized frame, and not distort the shape then one of them is going to appear smaller than the other.

There is a long explanation on the old CT for why there is no way for those items to ever show the same size in a view like that.

That is why I created the versions that show the discs on top of the cover.

politby

Greetings,

I am currently using CoverArt for boxsets only, it is set to ignore single movie folders.

The question I have is that the "clearcase disc" treatment I am using renders the images in a completely different size than what MBC does with my standard poster images, so they look rather odd. See the attached image (from the Android client but the result is the same in MBC).

I realize the protruding discs give the CoverArt treatment a different aspect ratio but is there a way to modify this so all images become the same size?

7e7egy4y.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

yea he'd basically have to stretch it vertically which would distort it. another idea, and this might look bad but just throwing it out - making the poster larger in a uniform fashion that maintains the AR but doesn't use the whole poster image. maybe cropping it on the left hand side. it sounds bad now that i picture it but you never know

The image in the first post here is a perfect example of where that wouldn't work well at all.  The text of the title would be cut off.

I played with it a lot and, basically, if you want to use the stack, fan or discs out the side treatments, you need to have nothing but Boxsets in the view for it to look right.  If you don't have them segregated like that, then use one of the treatments that puts the little discs on the cover.  They will be the same as all the other posters.

politby

Thanks all. Proves you can't have the cake and eat it. :)

I guess I could put all boxsets in a separate collection, but that kinda defeats the purpose since the point of the boxset treatment is to differentiate them from single movies in a general view. In a boxset-only view the need for that is less.

The reason for my OCD about this is that I want movie posters, not disc covers, in my library, so a CoverArt treatment for boxsets that does not add a "disc case" look but still clearly shows it's a boxset while maintaining the poster aspect ratio would be a welcome addition to CoverArt.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Solution
yardameus

I thought the disc overlay accomplished this. (or cd overlay, whatever it's called)

• Like 1

politby

What is a disc case look?

The treatments which mimic an actual physical disk case. :)

I thought the disc overlay accomplished this. (or cd overlay, whatever it's called)

Yes, it does, you are right. Would be great if it had the discs in DVD/BD/HD DVD colors though.

• Like 1