Can you sort TV by "episode air date"

af22

Would this be a feature that can be implemented from a "theme/skin".  Or would it have to be baked into the core.

I notice if i use the web browser, i can sort by "episode air date".

You want to see TV shows sorted by the most recent air date of all the episodes within the show?

I don't think there is any way to do that exactly in MBC.  A theme could create a specialized view for it though.

ideally, i would like to be able to go into the "tv" view and have it only display tv shows that contain unwatched episodes, as well as being able to reorder the list of shows so it is in the order of which show recently aired (last episode air date). I can currently do this in the web client under:

TV->Episodes:

Sort: Date Aired, Descending

Filter: Unwatched

this is the process flow which tells me what show i need to watch, in the past i manually track this with myepisodes.com / trakt.  I had switched from using mediabrowser2 (paid subscriber) to mymovies after finding this feature there.  I recently switched back to mediabrowser3 and am really missing it.  I'm hoping this feature can be brought to the classic interface as well.

There isn't really a "TV" view in MBC like there is in the other clients but a theme could implement functionality like this if it wanted to.

If I get MBPlus going again for MBC you will have similar functionality via it.

• 5 years later...
teddybear75

Im bumping this old thread, hope thats okay :)

Is there a way to sort by episode added, or airdate?

Sort by "Release date" seems to sort by show release date, not episode,,, and sort by "date added" seems to sort by show added, not episode added.

Maybe some skin has this built in? Or is it possible to somehow get on the original skin?

Edited by teddybear75

In Throg's themes if you add a new episode to a TV show it will appear below the string listing the libraries in the recently added portion. Never used any other date except recently added since the watched indicator lets me know what I need to keep up with.

teddybear75

Hey. Thanks for replying.

Wow, this is really old... :)

Does the recently added list on the EHS not give you this?

Not that i can see.....Tried browser and Emby Theater.

In Throg's themes if you add a new episode to a TV show it will appear below the string listing the libraries in the recently added portion. Never used any other date except recently added since the watched indicator lets me know what I need to keep up with.

Will Throgs themes work with Emby Theatre?

throgmorton

I believe the RAL sorts it by date added to your collection. Basically I think it reads it from the date created on your HD. So I think I've seen som scripts which can zip through your collection and change the created date to the episode date which would essentially allow you to have the RAL sorted by episode date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey. Thanks for replying.

Not that i can see.....Tried browser and Emby Theater.

Hi. No, you added to a thread specifically about Emby for Media Center so I assumed that was what you were using.

teddybear75

Hi. No, you added to a thread specifically about Emby for Media Center so I assumed that was what you were using.

Ah, sorry, just searched in the forums, and found a simular topic which i was looking for the answer to. Should have checked which section this thread was located before posting.

throgmorton

No I have only developed for WMC at the moment. I figure I eventually will transition over to Theatre.

Right now I haven't seen anyone develop a theme nor do I know how to even add one to Theatre. Ideally I was hoping there would be some basic template like there was for MB, which I can play around with on my free time and slowly learn how to code for it.

teddybear75

No I have only developed for WMC at the moment. I figure I eventually will transition over to Theatre.

Right now I haven't seen anyone develop a theme nor do I know how to even add one to Theatre. Ideally I was hoping there would be some basic template like there was for MB, which I can play around with on my free time and slowly learn how to code for it.

Thanks for letting me know