MPExtended - new version 0.6.*

pünktchen
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

pünktchen

Since version 1.3.1.141 of the MediaPortal LiveTV plugin,

i highly recommend you all to update to a newer version of MPExtended-Service-0.6.*

Otherwise you will miss some features like direct play of live tv streams on mobile devices or cancel of upcoming series schedules.

Edited by pünktchen
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...

Can anyone confirm that this version of MPextended works in TVserver 1.13.0.0.

I cannot get it to work

When i do the troubleshooting i can only accress the urls pointing to 127.0.0.1 and not my servers actual address. Here i i get connection refused :( 

Edited by mylle

pünktchen

I haven't tested TVServer 1.13 but it should work anyway.

TVServer is in code freeze since years, so there are no changes that can prevent a successful connection.

Also in my special MPExtended version i haven't touched any connection logic.

Maybe a firewall problem?

Hmmm.

Its not a firewall problem as my emby installation is on the same server as mpextended and Mediaportal. Besides that the firewall is turned off.

Hmmm.

Its not a firewall problem as my emby installation is on the same server as mpextended and Mediaportal. Besides that the firewall is turned off.

Fixed it. Posting this to help others that might end up in the same situation. I have no clue how this happened but somehow my server was not listening to 0.0.0.0 or its own ip anymore. only 127.0.0.1 which did not work for MPextended.

There is a ListenOnlyList key under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HTTP\Parameters\

That one had only 127.0.0.1 listed. added my server LAN ip and 0.0.0.0 and everything started working again :)

Took a long time to figure out though :(

Regards

Jacob

Edited by mylle

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hello,

is there any way to disable subtitle stream?

I can't play any channel stream in emby, because ffmpeg always exit with error:

Duration: N/A, start: 3.094244, bitrate: N/A
  Program 137
    Stream #0:0[0x30]: Video: h264 (High) ([27][0][0][0] / 0x001B), yuv420p(tv, bt709), 1440x1080 [sAR 4:3 DAR 16:9], 25 fps, 50 tbr, 90k tbn, 50 tbc
    Stream #0:1[0x40](ces): Audio: ac3 ([6][0][0][0] / 0x0006), 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 448 kb/s
    Stream #0:2[0x72](cze): Subtitle: dvb_teletext ([6][0][0][0] / 0x0006)
No decoder for stream #0:2, filtering impossible
Error configuring complex filters.
Decoder not found

pünktchen

@@spidee mayby you should change your subtitle preferences in your Emby user profile to "forced only". I have many tv channels with teletext and never experienced any problem.

@@Luke i have tried newer ffmpeg and it solved error i posted earlier, but another errors showed up (

@@pünktchen thank you very much, it solved my problem. I had set "always show subtitles " on my profile

And what is that?

• 4 years later...
riverboat2001

I've downloaded mpextended-service 0.6.0.4-emby-zip. Extracted it to find MPExtended-installer.Services.msi

When I run the .msi file i can install it okay, and access the configuration page, but when i rightclick on the icon in the tray (to start the TV Server) I get this error

"Windows cannot find C:\program files (x86)\Teammediaportal\mediaportal\mediaportal.exe"

Media Portal v1.27.000.0  is installed though!

The problem is, it (MediaPortal) is actually installed at C:\Program files (x86) Teammeadiportal\Teammediaportal TV Server

(Not my choice, that was the suggested install location.

I'm unable to browse to the correct exe , so I'm a bit stuck

Spaceboy

so when i was using MP i used version 1.17 or 1.19 i think it was. there was a thread from @pünktchen somewhere that i thought said this. but perhaps this info is out of date now. perhaps try one of those versions or i am sure punktchen will be able to give more info

pünktchen
11 hours ago, riverboat2001 said:

... but when i rightclick on the icon in the tray (to start the TV Server) I get this error ...

There's no entry in the tray icon to start the TVServer! The entry you've clicked is named "Open MediaPortal" which is the frontend to TVServer. But you don't need that.

• Like 2