File no longer available

mbguy
Go to solution Solved by mbguy,

Emby Addon version: 1.1.49

Kodi version: 15.2 RC1

Problem: When I attempt to play TV shows, I get

Remove from Library. This file is no longer available. Would you like to remove it from the library?

But all movies that I play are fine without this problem.

Log file: I've enabled "Log level" under "Emby for Kody" to "Info" but I can't find the repository to install the "XBMC Log Uploader" sigh..

One thing for sure is, all files in the TV shows folder play well on my "Emby for WMC" and "Emby for Roku" but just not on Kody.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Angelblue05

I'm going to assume you are using direct paths rather than plugin redirect? How are your paths for your tv shows that give your this issue?

This popup happens when Kodi can't locate the file, so the issue is most probably related to your paths or shares for your tv shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm going to assume you are using direct paths rather than plugin redirect? How are your paths for your tv shows that give your this issue?

Yes I've enabled "Use local paths instead of addon redirct for playback" under Sync options of Emby for Kody.

I also checked the paths on my Emby Server for both "Movies" and "TV Shows" folder, they seem to be correct:

\\Server\Movies

\\Server\TV Shows

No path subsitution is specified since I believe these are alredy direct samba paths? The key is, both Emby on WMC and Roku play all shows fine, just Kody is not cooperating :(

Without access to the Kodi log, I am going over the server log on my Windows 7 and found some suspicious errors (although these errors don't affect Emby for WMC or Roku, all files play just fine):

2015-10-16 14:57:02.3408 Error - HttpServer: Could not WriteTextToResponse: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.0.5724.6
    Command line: C:\Users\Ultimater\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
    Processor count: 4
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: False
    Program data path: C:\Users\Ultimater\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
    Application Path: C:\Users\Ultimater\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
    System.IO.IOException
       at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
       at SocketHttpListener.Net.ResponseStream.InternalWrite(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
       at SocketHttpListener.Net.ResponseStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
       at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.SocketSharp.WebSocketSharpResponse.Write(String text)
    InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
    An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
       at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

2015-10-16 14:57:02.3408 Error - HttpResponseExtensionsInternal: Could not WriteTextToResponse: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
    *** Error Report ***
    Command line: C:\Users\Ultimater\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Application Path: C:\Users\Ultimater\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
    System.IO.IOException
       at SocketHttpListener.Net.ResponseStream.InternalWrite(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
       at SocketHttpListener.Net.ResponseStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
       at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.SocketSharp.WebSocketSharpResponse.Write(String text)
       at ServiceStack.HttpResponseExtensionsInternal.WriteTextToResponse(IResponse response, String text, String defaultContentType)
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)

2015-10-16 14:57:02.3408 Error - HttpServer: Error in HttpConnection.BeginReadRequest. ConnectionId: 77c4e3252f6c47b09eb9d1ecd02e4135
    *** Error Report ***
    Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
    System.IO.IOException
       at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.BeginRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
       at SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpConnection.BeginReadRequest()
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginReceive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.BeginRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)

2015-10-16 14:57:02.3408 Error - HttpServer: Error this.ProcessRequest(context)(Exception while writing error to the response)
    *** Error Report ***
    Cannot access a disposed object.
    Object name: 'SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpListenerResponse'.
    System.ObjectDisposedException
       at SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpListenerResponse.set_StatusCode(Int32 value)
       at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.SocketSharp.WebSocketSharpResponse.set_StatusCode(Int32 value)
       at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.ErrorHandler(Exception ex, IRequest httpReq)

Edited by mbguy

Angelblue05

To be honest, your logs wouldn't show much that would help us know what the issue is... Have you tried doing a reset of your local database in Kodi (via launching our add-on)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes all the TV shows are doing it but all movies play fine. I am going to do a reset of the local database in Kodi to see if this helps.

• Like 1

Just reset the local database in Kodi, the same problem exists after a complete full sync.

One thing I notice is when using Programs > Emby to browse movies and tv titles, ALL tv episodes show "0 B" next to them.

What else can I try? I think at this stage maybe remove the Emby Add-on and add it again?

Angelblue05

Do not access content via Programs. It has incomplete data because our add-on is a Video one. Access your content via  Video add-ons instead.

• Like 1

Do not access content via Programs. It has incomplete data because our add-on is a Video one. Access your content via  Video add-ons instead.

Thanks for reminder. I always access everything via Video add-ons, that was just out of curiosity. Alright, I just uninstall the Emby add-on and will do full sync again which will take some time, hopefully I will get lucky the second time.

Angelblue05

Hopefully - the message is regular Kodi behavior nothing to do with the add-on. However we do insert the paths in the kodi database and if it can't find the file at the location we put when you try to playback, then it pops the message that the file is not found. That's why I'm not sure what's going on. Nothing changed in the path area of the add-on for a really long time.

Next thing would be to open the infoscreen for one of your episodes. There should be a "path" entry displayed that indicates the actual path Kodi is trying to access. Can you verify that it is indeed correct? Can you access the files via that same path in file explorer (via network shares)?

Maybe your other apps are direct streaming instead of direct playing and you think your set up is correct, when it's possibly not? It's hard to say....

• Like 1

Thanks, I will investigate all your suggestions. But before I put Emby back onto Kody, I notice under Videos, Movies and TV Shows (on my default Confluence skin) all have the previously scanned/saved movies and tv episodes remaining.

I am super certain that I've uninstalled the Emby add-on already (checked multiple times). Why do these previously scanned files still on the system. I thought I should check first before adding Emby again.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

The only time your database is actually reset is when you actually run the task to reset your local database via launching the emby for kodi add-on. If you simply uninstall the add-on, then your database remains intact.

• Like 1

The only time your database is actually reset is when you actually run the task to reset your local database via launching the emby for kodi add-on. If you simply uninstall the add-on, then your database remains intact.

If this is the case, then I think we are getting closer to the problem.

Invoking "Information" on the files remaining on the database, I noticed that for movies files, their paths is always:

"plugin://plugin.video.emby/movies/...."

but for tv episodes, it's in the format:

"smb://server/TV Shows/..."

hmm... why do they end up having two different types of paths?

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Hm that's not supposed to happen. I will test on my side to see if I can reproduce this issue. Anyway, having plugin paths for your movies does explain why playback works (it's falling back to direct streaming).

• Like 1

Hm that's not supposed to happen. I will test on my side to see if I can reproduce this issue. Anyway, having plugin paths for your movies does explain why playback works (it's falling back to direct streaming).

Thanks for the confirmation.

The only explanation that I can come up with is, when Emby was running the Movies sync, "use local paths instead of addon redirect" was not checked.

And when the TV sync was running, "use local paths" was set to "yes".

I do remember the sync wasn't completed in one go, it crashed midway so some settings might have been changed in between the two sync sessions. Now I just reset the local database and will attempt to resync everything again. After sync is completed, I will check if they all have the same paths this time.

Edited by mbguy
  • Like 1

Update: After local DB reset, I did a full sync which successfully completed without crash. The "Use local paths" setting was not checked this time, so all movie and tv files play successfully via plugin path.  Yay! :)

For the next test, I reset the DB again. This time I checked "Use local paths". Hopefully with the samba network username and password settings entered correctly under Emby Settings > Playback, I will be able to direct play.

I'm wondering if there is a video/sound quality with direct play vs direct streaming though, is one supposed to be better quality?

Angelblue05

You checked Use local paths before resetting correct?

There's should be no difference between direct play and direct stream in terms of quality. Direct play, kodi reads the file. Direct stream, emby feeds the file to kodi without any modifications.

• Like 1

• Solution

Yes, after running full sync with "Use local path" checked, I am able to access all movie and tv files via direct play without problems. I think entering the correct username/password for the Emby network playback settings solved this too.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Good job! See, it was either your paths or your shares. :)

Adding share username/password in the add-on will allow Kodi access to the file. It will be updated at a later time, where the username and password will be included in kodi's passwords.xml instead of directly in the path. Didn't get the chance to work on it yet, but it's on our trello board.