Videos mediainfo (stream details) missing

Ben Z
Go to solution Solved by Ben Z,

I'm getting an error. It says that frei0r.h header can't be found. I did apt-get install frei0r-plugins but I still get the same error. I can't find the location of the .h file.

It would be nice to know which codecs do I actually need for emby to work properly.

I tried that:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local --extra-version='1~vivid' --build-suffix=-ffmpeg --toolchain=hardened --libdir=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf --incdir=/usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf --enable-libx264

It worked but I still get the same error in my server log. I guess x264 codec isn't enough?

thefirstofthe300

No. You will also need mp3, aac, vorbis, theora, vpx, and a number of others. It might just be best if you use all the flags I posted above.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

thefirstofthe300

Also, Luke, did you happen to have a binary for ffmpeg ARM?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sorry for this noob question but the static build isn't supposed to be easy to use? Plug and play and that's it?

http://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/

It clearly says unpack and just run. What's the point in using ffmpeg without codecs?

Just to clarify and not confusing you again, no I'm not using the static build but I would like to.

Edited by benjidave

I already tried this static build couple weeks ago. I got the same error in logs. I can give it another try later today.

from what i have seen in your logs, i don't think the problem is necessarily the build but instead is the server's access to execute it. 

By not having access to execute it, do you mean it's a permission issue or something else?

If it's a permission issue, tell me if I'm wrong but if I run emby server from the user "root", there shouldn't have any permission issues, right?

As I said earlier in this thread, I tried that and even changed the permissions correctly and I'm not sure the problem is there.

So it's something else that prevent from executing it?

Edited by benjidave

• Solution

I couldn't use the static build because it's 32bit (I thought armhf was equivalent of 32bit?). Executing it was impossible. Anyway...

I finally resolved the problem. I can't believe it has been resolved that way.

Instead of building ffmpeg from source (I thought it was the best way to do it?), I used the deb-multimedia source ( http://www.deb-multimedia.org/ ) and installed ffmpeg from it. Don't ask me why it worked but it did the trick. I also have all the codecs needed like thefirstofthe300 mentioned earlier.

I also had to remove the ""  from

-ffmpeg “/ffmpeg/path” -ffprobe “ffprobe/path”

while executing emby.

Unfortunately, we're not living in a perfect world and I now have another error about "HttpResultFactory: Error streaming data" in my server log. But that's another problem not for this thread :)

thefirstofthe300

I answer to your question of why it worked, that repo actually has ARM builds in it so that would be why.  Great job tracking that repo down!