#1 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15345 posts
  • Local time: 04:41 AM
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 14 October 2015 - 01:45 PM

Just received the Marshmallow update on my Nexus Player.

Hope it hasn't broken anything :)

#2 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 49172 posts
  • Local time: 11:41 PM

Posted 14 October 2015 - 01:53 PM

Me too...

#3 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15345 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 14 October 2015 - 02:35 PM

Seems OK at the moment.

Navigation and playback are working fine.

TBH, there's not a lot of difference from Lollipop.

#4 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4200 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 02:48 PM

Got it at the w/e and it seemed fine but I've since gone back to ftv

#5 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15345 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:32 PM

Got it at the w/e and it seemed fine but I've since gone back to ftv

Why's that?

#6 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4200 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:59 PM

Why's that?

i'm using the np connected to my bedroom tv (still just preferring kodi on an nuc on the main tv, also why my feedback has been sporadic recently) but its a 2005 samsung and there is no option to adjust the picture size on it so i would be dependent on the np's ability to reduce overscan. but it can't natively and despite following the guides around to load HALLauncher and the overscan configurator the emby app doesnt seem to take any notice. but the ftv has native overscan config. on the np it wasn't that bad, i only need 4% reduction per the ftv, but it was very annoying on the live tv guide, it cut off about the first 25% of the channel name and the last row.

i hope to hook up the np to my main tv as i think ebr has done a really great job and its almost on a par with kodi imo. but since an update recently i cannot play any hd tv channels through emby. hoping it will be fixed soon!

#7 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15345 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 14 October 2015 - 06:02 PM

i hope to hook up the np to my main tv as i think ebr has done a really great job and its almost on a par with kodi imo. but since an update recently i cannot play any hd tv channels through emby. hoping it will be fixed soon!

I used Kodi on both my NP and FTV due to the Direct Play, but since the ATV app now does Direct Streaming playback, I haven't used Kodi for weeks.

Would still like Direct Play in the app, but doubt that will be soon, if ever.

The only other issue I have, is that the app doesn't do DD pass-through from the NP to my Sonos PlayBar via my Samsung TV, so I use the Samsung Smart TV app instead :)

#8 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4200 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:24 PM

the other reason why i prefer the nuc is i really want everything controlled by one remote, long term i hope to use mbt on the nuc because of this and the windows compatibility with metro apps, emulators and the steam emulator. i'm sure there must be an ir controller for the np but i haven't looked into it yet

samsung app doesn't work for me as i have an ambilight effect which requires the signal to be intercepted on the way to the tv (unless there is an hdmi or other out that i'm not aware of). plus as you know i need live tv to be included in the app and i can't see that coming soon.

my harmony one is the longest standing piece of htpc equipment, its the thing that lets me get away with the setup as the macros mean everything comes on right first time no matter if i've been watching sky for hd football or on the playstation. the gf is not willing to config!

#9 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 49172 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:07 PM

the other reason why i prefer the nuc is i really want everything controlled by one remote, long term i hope to use mbt on the nuc because of this and the windows compatibility with metro apps, emulators and the steam emulator. i'm sure there must be an ir controller for the np but i haven't looked into it yet

I didn't have as much success with the NP but my new FTV operates seamlessly with my Harmony by just telling the Harmony to control my TV and letting HDMI CEC pass it through to the FTV.  I'm back to a single remote now.

#10 raven-au OFFLINE  

raven-au

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • Local time: 12:41 PM

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:38 AM

I didn't have as much success with the NP but my new FTV operates seamlessly with my Harmony by just telling the Harmony to control my TV and letting HDMI CEC pass it through to the FTV.  I'm back to a single remote now.

Yeah, I have problems with CEC (and not just with the NP) but I think it's more the Samsung TV CEC implementation than the other devices.

When the TV CEC works the NP works fine through CEC.

I'm wondering what the Marshmallow frame rate switching means for us here....

#11 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4200 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 03:30 AM

I didn't have as much success with the NP but my new FTV operates seamlessly with my Harmony by just telling the Harmony to control my TV and letting HDMI CEC pass it through to the FTV. I'm back to a single remote now.

Of course, I forgot about hdmi cec

#12 thostr OFFLINE  

thostr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Local time: 05:41 AM
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 16 October 2015 - 07:05 AM

Sorry for off topic

Anyone else having issues with Chromecast Reciever on Nexus Player after upgrading to 6.0?

#13 PhinkBig OFFLINE  

PhinkBig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 10:07 AM

Sorry for off topic

Anyone else having issues with Chromecast Reciever on Nexus Player after upgrading to 6.0?

People have been having issues with all Android TV players as Cast targets for the past couple days...seems to be a Google issue.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marshmallow, Nexus Player

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users