Invalid Application

Steverido
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Steverido

Hi Guys,

For sometime now I have been getting the "invalid application" dialogue with "unable to launch Emby".

I am using the latest Emby Server and Emby for Windows Media Center. I uninstalled everything and deleted all traces of both.

I have also configured 1.7.9 of the latest MPC-HC.

I have attached the Classic log and a screen print of the Windows log. The Windows log suggests the process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Any ideas how to resolve this please?

MBClassic-14102015fddaf4add7d94e91a740bd1071e4fb52.log

post-519-0-46432500-1444843815_thumb.png

Edited by Steverido

Does it happen if you don't use MPC-HC?

It also looks like you haven't setup path substitution for your library so, unless EMC is on the same machine as the server, that could be a problem too.

Steverido

Library is on the same PC ebr. I have had it on another computer and it has never been an issue for me.

I will check it without MPC-HC but will need to download codecs.

Report back soon.

Steverido

Does it happen if you don't use MPC-HC?

It also looks like you haven't setup path substitution for your library so, unless EMC is on the same machine as the server, that could be a problem too.

I have tried it without MPC-HC and it does the same if I even try and fast forward. I couldn't get it to the end to try.

It probably isn't exactly the same error but I suspect something has gone bad with either codecs or video drivers because the component that is failing is inside of WMC.

Steverido

It probably isn't exactly the same error but I suspect something has gone bad with either codecs or video drivers because the component that is failing is inside of WMC.

I have updated Windows and the video driver to the latest and it is still happening. "Unable to connect to Emby". This only happens once you have watched something and then return to the menu and attempt to watch something else. It throws the app back to the beginning when WMC startsup.

I have added a screenshot from events in Windows.

I have even switched off the chocolate theme because I saw issues with a theme in other threads but that didn't resolve anything either.

I am wondering whether to uninstall WMC and then add it again.

What do you think ebr?

post-519-0-75630500-1444910450_thumb.png

post-519-0-11898400-1444910458_thumb.png

Edited by Steverido

• Solution

Something is not working properly inside of WMC itself.  Something is not getting released properly when you stop playing.  That's why I suspected codecs but I can't really be sure what it is that is getting gummed up.

Can you reproduce it on any other machine?

• Like 1

Steverido

Something is not working properly inside of WMC itself.  Something is not getting released properly when you stop playing.  That's why I suspected codecs but I can't really be sure what it is that is getting gummed up.

Can you reproduce it on any other machine?

I don't have another PC with Windows 8.1 ebr. My main PC has Windows 10.

I am going to try and uninstall WMC and install again to see if that works.