Shortcut for TV Shows weird behavior

jwbyers

Hi, I'm running Kodi 15.1 on Windows 7 with Emby 1.1.39 addon installed.  I've been using this for a while now and have a basic setup for my homescreen shortcuts where one is pointed to my movies directory and one is pointed to the tv shows directly.  I like the shortcuts to go directly to my list of shows/movies so I have it pointed to Addon\Program\Emby\TV Shows\TV Shows.  This has worked great for months now, but a couple days ago I began experiencing behavior where clicking the tv shows shortcut would pull up the list of shows as usual, but when I hit enter on any of them, nothing happens.  Normally this would bring up the seasons listing and I could select an episode to play, but now it just does nothing.  I played around with the shortcuts and found that if I create a shortcut to the base level of TV shows (i.e. Addon\Program\Emby\TV Shows) the shortcut works and if I select TV shows from that menu, the same list of shows appears but now I can select them and see seasons and episodes and play them.

I created 2 shortcuts, one for Addon\Program\Emby\TV Shows and one for Addon\Program\Emby\TV Shows\TV Shows and ran a log (attached).

The shortcut to Addon\Program\Emby\TV Shows is at 12:10:40 and you can see the log getting the directories for a couple of specific tv show titles and then me backing out of the menu at 12:10:54.

The shortcut to Addon\Program\Emby\TV Shows\TV Shows is at 12:11:01 and you can see that each time I tried to select a show I got a NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false -> DEBUG: Thread BackgroundLoader 7120 terminating.

Any ideas of what might have caused this change in behavior.  I have not changed skins or Kodi versions since this behavior began so I'm at a loss.  I can use the workaround by going to the base folder, but that isn't nearly as clean an experience as being able to jump right into the shows list.

Thank you!

(let me know if any more information is needed)

Kodi Log.txt

Angelblue05

Do not access the content via add-on programs. It results in incomplete data. Access via video add-ons and it should solve your issue.

• Like 1