Confused by Live TV

MegaSwerv

MegaSwerv

Emby v3.0.5724.6

NextPVR v3.5.7

NextPVR is working great. Downloads the EPG via Schedules Direct. Has logos.

Emby imported channel info into the metadata manager. Under the "Suggestions" tab shows what's on and upcoming movies but not kids or sports. The "Guide" shows the date and schedule time across the top but no shows. "Channels" has nothing.

I've scanned the boards here and seen a few people have had problems since the recent updates. A common answer was re-input credentials for Schedules Direct. I've done this a couple times with the same results. It would appear Emby is getting the data because "Suggestions" is being populated. I can watch live TV if I click on one of the shows under "What's On" but that is all I can access via Emby. Any of the other channels I have to switch over to NextPVR.

I'd be grateful for any insight that would help me restore my guide and channels.

Currently you can only use the built-in schedules direct function if paired with the built-in tuner function. So that means you can't mix and match and combine with npvr. we'll have to update the interface to make this more clear. 

I have been requesting this kind of function for some time now and I think Luke mentioned that it's coming. Then it's possible to use different backend with built in Schedules Direct support. :)

MegaSwerv

Thanks Luke.

I haven't noticed Emby has a built-in tuner function. It seems I need NextPVR for Emby to recognize my Hauppauge WinTV-1250 tuner. I'll play with it and see what I can accomplish.

Thanks Luke.

I haven't noticed Emby has a built-in tuner function. It seems I need NextPVR for Emby to recognize my Hauppauge WinTV-1250 tuner. I'll play with it and see what I can accomplish.

The built-in functionality only supports the DLNA HDHR network tuners right now.

I'm also confused by Emby + NextPVR.  NextPVR works, guide data, etc.  Emby is linked to NextPVR but the guide is empty, as is the channel listing.  I assumed that Emby would pull in the guide data from NextPVR?  How does one get Emby to work with NextPVR (Live TV with timeshift, Schedule Record TV, Watch Record TV)?

I'm also confused by Emby + NextPVR.  NextPVR works, guide data, etc.  Emby is linked to NextPVR but the guide is empty, as is the channel listing.  I assumed that Emby would pull in the guide data from NextPVR?  How does one get Emby to work with NextPVR (Live TV with timeshift, Schedule Record TV, Watch Record TV)?

there is a refresh guide scheduled task in the server web interface under Scheduled Tasks. If you leave Emby Server running long enough, it will happen automatically on it's own and everything will be automatic. If you only start Emby Server occasionally, then you may need to wait for it to complete, or adjust the schedule of when it runs, or run it manually.

• Like 1

there is a refresh guide scheduled task in the server web interface under Scheduled Tasks. If you leave Emby Server running long enough, it will happen automatically on it's own and everything will be automatic. If you only start Emby Server occasionally, then you may need to wait for it to complete, or adjust the schedule of when it runs, or run it manually.

Just came back to update my own post but you're spot on.  With wife and kids, there is no leaving it on to update in its own time.  5 minutes of downtime to switch from MediaPortal to Emby is the maximum I can get away with!

Might be worth highlighting that on the setup screen.

Cheers,

Ian.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently you can only use the built-in schedules direct function if paired with the built-in tuner function. So that means you can't mix and match and combine with npvr. we'll have to update the interface to make this more clear. 

Luke or ebr. No rush or anything, but will this feature be added in the next major release with the new features? :)

Edited by Damstas

MegaSwerv

Not sure what happened beyond a version update. I had performed manual updates to the schedule to no effect. But today, along with the interesting halloween wallpaper, there was a schedule and channel information. All is good. Oh, I do recall an update to NPVR the other day that may have also had an effect.

• 2 weeks later...
BobbyDing

I was wondering if I can use both the nPVR plugin AND the EMBY live TV at the same time... With the guide data from each combined under live TV. Does this mean you can only use one or the other? 

Thanks!

• 2 years later...
ecs0set

@@MegaSwerv

@@Damstas

@@BobbyDing

@@ecs0set

We now have native Hauppauge support available for testing in the Emby Server beta:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/54560-32609-hauppauge-support/?hl=hauppauge

No plugin required. Thanks !

My quad HD tuner is Black and Gold. However I think I have some SD Hauppage ones around so I might give that a go.

Cheers!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk