PLAYz emby for LG Smart TVs

simonjhogan
Go to solution Solved by ellnic,

simonjhogan

Hello All,

I have finally started working on an emby client for LG Smart TVs!

Still early days but I am getting there ...

Writing it from scratch - no jquery or other library dependencies to keep it lean and fast.

Initial home screen below ...

5618fc6786c96_emby01.png

Edited by simonjhogan
  • Like 15

schnoodles

This looks awesome. 

Are you going to put the code for this on Github as well so that people can help you out? Also is there a way to start testing it as well? I am a web developer and if I get free time I would love to help.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
simonjhogan

Hi there thanks for the offer to test ... once I have core functions up and running I will reach out for testers.

I will need people with webOS tvs and also big media collections ... I have just finished dynamic scrolling of media to minimize load times for viewing large collections and to keep memory usage to a minimum.

Next up is viewing individual items and then video playing ... Once this is done will release for testing ...

I am developing most evening - but I have a day job and young family (1and 4 year old) so moving as fast as I can. 

56320668adaa7_emby03.png

cheers,

Simon

Edited by simonjhogan
  • Like 3

simonjhogan

This looks awesome. 

Are you going to put the code for this on Github as well so that people can help you out? Also is there a way to start testing it as well? I am a web developer and if I get free time I would love to help.

Eventually yes I will ...

S

Nice one Simon! The screenshots are looking fantastic.

It's great that you are doing this - juggling this and family life can't be easy.

On a testing note, I have webOS and a ~20TB ZFS pool of which about 4TB is video content (mostly 1080p, mix of movies and series etc) and about 300GB of music - I've been itching to have a movie marathon at some point soon, so I can queue em up and cane the crap out of my server and test if need be. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
wolpoffm

This looks GREAT Simon!  I, as many are, am excited at the prospect for de-cluttering the peripherals connected to my tv.  I am heading out this weekend to get an LGUF8500 and will wait on purchasing another media streaming unit.

Thanks for your efforts!

• Like 1

I have a LG 60LF6300 with Webos 2 and i'm eager to test it out. I've already got your Playz on Plex but i'll much prefer it on Emby

• Like 1

Joe Labero

I the amount of data you need. A few thousand 1080p movies high quality. Have automatized the download of all artist, posters, backgrounds, subtitles etc. All done and streaming it locally and works perfect...using chromecast at the moment but seems to be a little problem with high bitrate movies with high quality need perhaps a client directly on the LG 65" WEBOS 2.0 TV. I have. I wait for your code so I can test it.

Send me a message when its time to test....Do not want to have a lazy cover show....it has to be fast.

Cu soon 

• Like 1

simonjhogan

Just finishing the individual item screens ... once I have these done I will get basic video player running then will release for testing.

Testing will require an internet connection - this will mean I can constantly rollout updates without repackaging the app each time.

The final release will not require an internet connection ...

Thanks for your support.

Cheers,

Simon

• Like 2