Emby will not unlock

lscoa

Been on the phone with amazon for hours. They had me uninstall, reinstall and repurchase the app at least 5 times. each time they issued a refund, but that's not the goal here. I purchase the app, they charge my card, but it still wants me to repurchase the app. It reads that I am in trial mode till October 21, 2015. I have the 2nd generation fire TV. Appreciate any help.

Can you confirm the version of the app?  It is on the settings page.

Have you attempted any other purchases from the same device?

Immediately after the purchase the lock icon disappeared. The next time I go to the screen, the lock icon is back.

Okay, so that means the purchase is successful but a subsequent check against the store for that same purchase is failing for some reason.

Unfortunately, I can't get logs off the Fire TV with the automated system so you can't even send me a log to see if I can see an error being reported.

I forgot to mention, and I'm starting to think its pertinent, that I use private internet access Vpn. Does that create a problem?

I forgot to mention, and I'm starting to think its pertinent, that I use private internet access Vpn. Does that create a problem?

I guess that's possible - if something is interfering with the API calls to the Amazon store.

Supporters/Premiere members do get free access.

You would not encounter this issue if you were a supporter because we would never need to validate anything with the store.

I would still be very interested in if any other paid apps work if you ever encounter one.