Video error - there was an error playing the video

popeen

I just sat down to watch the latests episode of Arrow and seems something has gone wrong with my Emby, hopefully someone will be able to help.

When I try to play any video file I get the error message 

Video Error

There was an error playing the video

When trying to play audio I get no message at all.

As far as I know the only difference on the machine running Emby since last time I used it (yesterday) is that I installed a USB 3.0 card earlier today and moved one of the external drives to it, no special drivers. I'm guessing that's not the cause but thought it might be worth mentioning just in case.

I include a log file where I have just started the server, opened the web gui, clicked on one of the new media tiles and pressed play.

I have tried using Microsoft Edge, the Android app and Kodi Isengard with the Emby plugin to play the video as well but it still wont work so must be something in the server or ffmpeg that has stopped working

Any ideas?

server-63579921112.txt

Edited by popeen

for some reason the core startup sequences haven't completed yet. try removing your plugins and see if the problem goes away. you can also try rebooting your system.

Yea, the plugins seems to have something to do with it. Is it possible to remove them manually somehow?

When I go to the my plugins part of the dashboard it never loads, I just keep seeing the spinner.

I included a log for this as well. Btw, thanks for the quick reply.

server-63579925540.txt

Didn't seem to work unfortunately. Still just getting the spinner and no video.

If I uninstall Emby completely and then reinstall and rescan it again it should be able to keep my watched status right?

I have save artwork and metadata to folders checked.

did you restart the server after deleting them? you could try just installing on top of your existing install.

Yeah, I tried both with and without restart. Installing on top of the existing one didn't work but just did a fresh install and it worked great so problem solved. I have a pretty basic setup so not really a problem setting it up again. Thanks thou.

Edited by popeen