Emby for Kodi stops syncing

agentxan

Angelblue05

In your case, I would say wait and see. I'm still searching for possible reasons. from the looks of your last log, your server seems to be sending those message all the time. I can't explain it, because I do not have this issue. Very odd. 

Nope... still doing it. :-(

Think I'm feed up with it now too. Going to completely remove emby server & reinstall it, again. Find all the nfo & xml files & delete them too. Start over from scratch.

kodi.log

Angelblue05

Boo, ok. :( I'm not giving up. Before you do start from scratch, can you grab the server log from that same Kodi log timeframe?

Wiped it all!

weeeeee.....

I didn't touch nothing!! I only added my library, set up auto organize & installed nextpvr & trakt plugins. Deleted the database & thumb folders in Kodi & still using the latest version you posted before for emby.

*crosses fingers*

• Like 1

Angelblue05

You can check your kodi log while it's running, do you see tons of messages like this (MessageType: UserDataChanged)? If not, that's good.

19:48:21 T:29656  NOTICE: EMBY WebSocketThread -> Message: {"MessageType":"UserDataChanged","Data":{"UserId":"fcbdddb4c1894b17b4760310ba2e6e3d","UserDataList":[{"PlaybackPositionTicks":0,"PlayCount":0,"IsFavorite":false,"Played":false,"ItemId":"ddada3bd58462ddaea05aee07e668994"},{"PlayedPercentage":22.031327391688,"UnplayedItemCount":315,"PlaybackPositionTicks":0,"PlayCount":0,"IsFavorite":false,"Played":false,"Key":"2e257401-5bb8-8a22-a039-32d6194cfa03","ItemId":"2e2574015bb88a22a03932d6194cfa03"}]}}
Edited by Angelblue05

uhmmm.... maybe LOL

It's still finding all my stuff server side tho.

EDIT: No I guess that's different than what's in this log.

kodi.log

Edited by riffy

After all that it still stops syncing. I didn't put in music, music vids or pictures back into my library, just to keep it more simple till this is figured out.

*tin foil hat*

I noticed it stopped right after auto organize ran tho, cuz 2 shows I had to change the name & sorted name on. After it ran nothing else was ever added into kodi's data base. 

kodi.log

OK all that updating goes away if I remove 3 of my folders that is full of stuff Emby-Server will never be able to figure out what it is that I had set to "Movies". I seem to have issues with this a lot for not falling into the simple & straightforward Movies or TV Show thing. I have no other way to get it into Kodi from Emby without setting it to Movies tho. 

My 3 crazy folders are below. Seems emby-server is constantly trying to figure out what they are & needs to get over it! :-p With them set to "Home Videos" it scans my library so much faster! But no way to see them in Kodi from Emby. :-( 

Other: Nature shows, news shows, really really random stuff (like: caligula.1400.days.of.terror.720p.hdtv.x264-w4f, Ch4.Unreported.World.2015.Chinas.Gay.Shock.Therapy.720p.HDTV.x264, click.uk.2015.10.31.720p.hdtv.x264-c4tv, etc...) It isn't ever going to figure them out.

Pilots: Pilots of shows in the last 90 days

Recorded News Shows: Local news that's recorded

EDIT: Not that any of that helps with the sync stopping. LOL

Edited by riffy

I am having a problem where any items that fails lookup at themoviedb.org is getting marked as updated on every server scan.  I am not sure it this is related, but check to see if the items it is updating are also failing themoviedb lookup.

Would that be the same thing as I described above?

xnappo

Yes @@riffy.  I don't know if it always did this @@Angelblue05 - but unmatched items always show up in the changed list now - so it is important to reduce these.  I *think* if you go into the metadata and 'lock' it it prevents this from happening.

xnappo

OK... well it still stopped syncing during the night. It did a lot of changes when it updated people like in that other thread. Actually it's still freak'n updating people. :-o

Problem is... I have to many new items in those folders every day to be locking them all the time. Unless I can just lock the top folder for each one? I'll try that after I put them back to "Movies" today.

kodi.log

Angelblue05

@@riffy

Here you go. Don't forget to enable logging in the add-on itself (in your last log, it was set to None. Need it to be set to Info) Thanks! :)

Hopefully this one will fix it. I'm very confident it will, but you never know! 

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

I'm really hoping I got it right this time... otherwise I just don't know what else we could do. If we don't force update your kodi library, then you won't see changes happen right away. You'd need to back out of menus and re enter to see updates, which is not ideal.

Angelblue05

That's great news riffy, really excellent news. The fix will be in the next beta release. Thanks for helping test beta :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1