Emby for Kodi stops syncing

agentxan

Angelblue05

@@brindosch You don't have the same issue. Next time don't forget to enable the add-on debug (add-on settings > advanced > log level: Info). Looking into your issue to find an explanation because it's a weird one. Are you using direct paths (add-on settings > sync option > local paths enabled)?

brindosch

I think i found the bug!

Yesterday evening i played around with .strm files in emby. The paths to tv-shows won´t sync. Then i added a movie-dummy.strm and now the sync stops every time at movie 54/251.

If i use no local paths, then all is ok, if i use local paths, no paths to .strm files are synced to kodi.

I deleted the movie-dummy.strm and all is working fine again

I made some screenshots of the odd behaviour of tv shows.

Here you see the Meta Manager

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4155/94lybho6_jpg.htm

And in Kodi: This is the root of the tv-show overview. This is the only path that is synced to kodi. I have no paths to seasons or episodes.

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4155/xwugd3vs_jpg.htm

And here is the "DEBUG" logfile with "A Movie Dummy.strm". The Emby-Server named it "Title: Saneamento Básico, O Filme" it is at the end of log

Update 1: Tested the incremental sync server plugin with .strm. The .strm movie is not synced. The same error expetion. Debug log is added.

kodi.log

kodiIncrementalSync.log

Edited by brindosch

Angelblue05

@@riffy

I'm sorry for the wait, needed a break :)

Can you test this custom build? Just install from zip, over the current version and let me know if you still get the issue. If you do, please post your kodi log, I've added additional logging. Thank.

Edited by Angelblue05

Ok... see what happens. :-)

BTW... I've noticed when I turn on the notifications, it's been locking up a lot when it does the compress database. Like for a few seconds at a time the windows 10 busy circle pops up each time.

Angelblue05

Yes, that's what I'm trying to correct. :)

We force update kodi library when we update your database with new emby info (playstate, additions, etc), so you can see the change instantly. For some reason, you have an update once every 4 seconds, rather than a batch of updates at once. So if we force update your Kodi library, there's a good chance it will run at the same time as the new update we receive 4 seconds later.

Edited by Angelblue05

brindosch

Hello again,

thank you for the fix, tested with 1.1.54

Sync don´t stop now on a .strm file. Sadly, the path is still not synced.

It gathers the path (saw it in the log) but still not in the DB. odd bug.

Debug-log added. Search for .strm

kodi.log

Edited by brindosch
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Ah, strm file are not currently supported for direct paths, only plugin paths at the moment. (because we need the path to the strm, not what's inside the strm file)

It will be supported eventually.

Edited by Angelblue05

brindosch

I saw it inside the database of kodi (with SQLite Spy), it syncs only "plugin://plugin.video.XXXXX/" as path and not the path to the file itself - like emby.

Would be great - if - this could be done easily.

Strange that it can´t just extract the path of the emby db.

Thanks for response.

Edited by brindosch

brindosch

Thank you for the trello card!

I made a screenshot of the actual behaviour, maybe that would help if you have some time in future. Don´t hesitate if you need someone for testing or further information   :D

I really respect your hard work on this plugin in your free-time.

https://picload.org/image/plawdda/strmdatabase.jpg

Edited by brindosch

Nope... woke up & saw it had stopped syncing during the night still. Ran manual sync & exited. :-(

btw... manual sync runs multiple times now instead of just once. It also added my music to kodi & I had that set not too, to speed up the manual sync. Music gets stuck at 99% on both albums & songs for like 2-3 mins each time other wise. Making the time like almost 10 mins just to sync with the multiple runs & music hangs. It took over 25 mins to run a manual sync this time tho. Some of that time might have been it adding the music that wasn't in the library before. Like I said had it set to not add it. Still crazy amount of time tho to sync. Still froze for 3-4 seconds in the end too. 

kodi.zip

xnappo

@@riffy - did you see it do something weird like bounce between collections over and over again while it was syncing?  I saw that myself last night but lost the log unfortunately.

Angelblue05

Nope... woke up & saw it had stopped syncing during the night still. Ran manual sync & exited. :-(

btw... manual sync runs multiple times now instead of just once. It also added my music to kodi & I had that set not too, to speed up the manual sync. Music gets stuck at 99% on both albums & songs for like 2-3 mins each time other wise. Making the time like almost 10 mins just to sync with the multiple runs & music hangs. It took over 25 mins to run a manual sync this time tho. Some of that time might have been it adding the music that wasn't in the library before. Like I said had it set to not add it. Still crazy amount of time tho to sync. Still froze for 3-4 seconds in the end too. 

Thanks, will keep looking into a solution. At least with the additional logging, it helps me find the source of the problem.

@@xnappo you also have this issue? It's the update video library, I will try to completely remove it to confirm.

Edited by Angelblue05

@@riffy - did you see it do something weird like bounce between collections over and over again while it was syncing?  I saw that myself last night but lost the log unfortunately.

Yup... does it every time now.

xnappo

Yeah, I have seen it twice but can't recreate it.  The machine I see it on is on stable though - is this just a random problem that has been there for a while?

It's new as of a week or less ago. It happens every single time I do a manual sync.

edit: the bouncing around during a sync that is. :-)

Edited by riffy

Angelblue05

Yeah, I have seen it twice but can't recreate it.  The machine I see it on is on stable though - is this just a random problem that has been there for a while?

Yeah, I mean, the force update library for Kodi has been there for a while. I've only seen it happen under extreme situation when I was getting all the person update before I disable the automatic task. When the trakt import playstate task was running I mean.

@@riffy There is something weird with your server. As I said before, you receive a new update every 4 seconds, one item at a time? It's not normal. It's causing this "extreme" situation on the update process and it making your kodi library update every 4 seconds (everytime you receive a message) 

It's your playstate being constantly updated. Do you have something set up, like trakt import task or? You have similar messages once, every 4 seconds, with different ids (some repeat). I'm still working on making the process more resilient. But something is not right on your side either. 

02:25:56 T:8264  NOTICE: EMBY WebSocketThread -> Message: {"MessageType":"UserDataChanged","Data":{"UserId":"fcbdddb4c1894b17b4760310ba2e6e3d","UserDataList":[{"PlaybackPositionTicks":0,"PlayCount":0,"IsFavorite":false,"Played":false,"ItemId":"8272f3e017cfcc684b2ac1e5616077e2"},{"PlayedPercentage":22.65625,"UnplayedItemCount":297,"PlaybackPositionTicks":0,"PlayCount":0,"IsFavorite":false,"Played":false,"Key":"2e257401-5bb8-8a22-a039-32d6194cfa03","ItemId":"2e2574015bb88a22a03932d6194cfa03"}]}}
02:25:56 T:8264  NOTICE: EMBY WebSocketThread -> Message: Doing UserDataChanged: UserDataList: [{u'ItemId': u'8272f3e017cfcc684b2ac1e5616077e2', u'PlayCount': 0, u'PlaybackPositionTicks': 0, u'IsFavorite': False, u'Played': False}, {u'ItemId': u'2e2574015bb88a22a03932d6194cfa03', u'IsFavorite': False, u'Played': False, u'PlayedPercentage': 22.65625, u'UnplayedItemCount': 297, u'PlaybackPositionTicks': 0, u'Key': u'2e257401-5bb8-8a22-a039-32d6194cfa03', u'PlayCount': 0}]
02:25:56 T:8264  NOTICE: EMBY LibrarySync -> Doing LibraryChanged : Processing User Data Changed : [{u'ItemId': u'8272f3e017cfcc684b2ac1e5616077e2', u'PlayCount': 0, u'PlaybackPositionTicks': 0, u'IsFavorite': False, u'Played': False}, {u'ItemId': u'2e2574015bb88a22a03932d6194cfa03', u'IsFavorite': False, u'Played': False, u'PlayedPercentage': 22.65625, u'UnplayedItemCount': 297, u'PlaybackPositionTicks': 0, u'Key': u'2e257401-5bb8-8a22-a039-32d6194cfa03', u'PlayCount': 0}]
02:25:56 T:22640  NOTICE: EMBY LibrarySync -> Processing items: [{u'ItemId': u'8272f3e017cfcc684b2ac1e5616077e2', u'PlayCount': 0, u'PlaybackPositionTicks': 0, u'IsFavorite': False, u'Played': False}, {u'ItemId': u'2e2574015bb88a22a03932d6194cfa03', u'IsFavorite': False, u'Played': False, u'PlayedPercentage': 22.65625, u'UnplayedItemCount': 297, u'PlaybackPositionTicks': 0, u'Key': u'2e257401-5bb8-8a22-a039-32d6194cfa03', u'PlayCount': 0}]
02:25:56 T:22640  NOTICE: EMBY LibrarySync -> Item 2e2574015bb88a22a03932d6194cfa03 is not found in Kodi database.
02:25:56 T:22640  NOTICE: EMBY WriteKodiVideoDB -> Found embyId: 8272f3e017cfcc684b2ac1e5616077e2 in database - kodiId: 1333 fileId: 1333 type: movie
02:25:56 T:22640  NOTICE: EMBY LibrarySync -> Commit successful.
02:25:56 T:22640  NOTICE: EMBY LibrarySync -> Updating video library.
02:25:56 T:19920  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
02:25:56 T:19920  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00
02:25:56 T:22640  NOTICE: EMBY LibrarySync -> Sync Database, Incremental Sync Using Client Time -5 min: 2015-11-03T08:20:56Z
02:25:56 T:22640  NOTICE: EMBY LibrarySync -> Sync Database, Incremental Sync Setting Last Run Time Saved: 2015-11-03T08:20:56Z
Edited by Angelblue05

I have the trakt plugin on the server, but it's scheduled to only run at startup.

This is a new install of kodi & I wiped the database of emby just last week, er... 2-3 weeks ago. So everything should be fresh on both server & kodi. *shrug*

Angelblue05

Ok, so what's causing your server to send all those messages. There must be a reason. @ @@xnappo can you take a look at the log found here: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/26206-emby-for-kodi-stops-syncing/?p=263745

It's odd that you get two messages for one item. One for the playstate and another for the item itself was modified (anything from artwork to metadata). Do you use nfos?

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@riffy

Can you try this build: I tried adjusting some values to see if it's any better. As usual, if it still happens, post a new log. Thanks

Edited by Angelblue05