Server Support for Asustor server

keithbarry

keithbarry

Going buy the download page I chose a server I thought would best meet my needs. You have just updated the server and it does not provide a app update for the Asustor system. The other issue I am having is that it's not loading my movies up so it shows a blank screen. I am wondering if there something different from this and the one I was using on windows?

Hi, there is an asustor rep who manages publishing the new updates, I'll let him know there's a new version available.

keithbarry

Luke, thank you.  I got it to work, but it's not loading everything. I am making the change to take the stress off my computer that is almost 10 years old and want to stretch it out longer. The server was fairly resonable in cost and thought it would be a better choice that leaving it on the computer. I noticed yesterday that the program had an update, but the app program listed on their site has the previous one.

sneakers282

Hi, there is an asustor rep who manages publishing the new updates, I'll let him know there's a new version available.

Could you also point out to him that one of the dependencies Emby relies on is missing on the AS-202T and AS-204T series, Emby server for Asustor uses Mono and X-org but there is no build of X-org in Asus app central for the AS2T series only the AS2TE series have it (because they have HDMI output).

Asustor have a build you can manually download from their website but it doesn't work (citing display support missing), I've contacted their tech support to let them know but well you never know if it will reach the right person.

Keith the Asus servers use low end Intel x86 CPU's (Atom) they arent really up to the task of transcoding all HD video so whatever your playing really needs to support native playback of the media. Try using a PC client first to see if everything plays okay.

Edited by sneakers282
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
keithbarry

Sneakers Thank you. I only have issues with playback with external apps right now or streaming outside the house. My primary setup it just to keep the kids happy and to catch any shows I miss during the week. It pretty much servers the purpose and what I liked about the Asustor server is the connecton to the tv. So it takes a large load off my 10 year old computer and trying to nurse it a few more years. I have found by using the Kodi program it transcode's a lot easier and faster with little resource hogging. Even with Emby on my computer I noticed it required a large draw on the system at first, which burned out my video card. I have emailed William Lin (the tech supporting Emby on their systems) and he stated he was going to get an update out there.

Going from Plex to Emby and somewhat using Kodi, but I still love Emby more than the others. The only thing I like about the others is that I noticed they do not take a toll on playing the movies/tv shows back. Can never figure out why Emby does or how to improve it to be more like the other two programs.

• 4 months later...
vincenttseng

Hi All,

Sorry for the late reply. The 3rd party developer has published the Emby 3.0.5882 app on ASUSTOR App Central. Please have it updated and check. 

However, due to the lack of X.org on AS-2T series, Emby is not supported on AS-202T and AS-204T. 

Hi All,

Sorry for the late reply. The 3rd party developer has published the Emby 3.0.5882 app on ASUSTOR App Central. Please have it updated and check. 

However, due to the lack of X.org on AS-2T series, Emby is not supported on AS-202T and AS-204T. 

Thank you! What is depending on X.org, do you know?