Emby Not Detecting Media (Ubuntu 14.03 LTS)

zuul47
Go to solution Solved by fc7,

I need help with my Ubuntu Emby server. I installed it and it loads up the dashboard. I have set up the paths to my media but they don't show up when I want to view the media. Does anyone know what might be the problem?

I am using Ubuntu 14.03 LTS. Optiplex 755 with 4 GB of RAM. 2.4 Ghz C2Quad CPU.

• Solution

If your media paths are local please check their permissions and make sure Emby can access them. Otherwise if they are a network share you will need to locally mount them on your linux server and change the network path in Emby to the locally mounted paths. You can find plenty of information about this on google and this forum. In any other case please upload Emby server log so we can tale a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If your media paths are local please check their permissions and make sure Emby can access them. Otherwise if they are a network share you will need to locally mount them on your linux server and change the network path in Emby to the locally mounted paths. You can find plenty of information about this on google and this forum. In any other case please upload Emby server log so we can tale a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here is one of my logs. still no clue wats wrong

server-63579944730.txt

thefirstofthe300

Permissions problems. Emby runs as the user emby so you will need to give it access to those folders. A simple Google search should provide you with that info.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk