Emby Server Running Slow

brantastic_voyage

brantastic_voyage

I have had the server for a day or so and each library scan seems to take longer than 20 min. Metadata manager is very slow as well unable to open the movies folder..

brantastic_voyage

This could be due to the initial setup maybe? I didn't quite understand the steps to do in the terminal. I copy and pasted sudo nano /etc/hosts and put in my password and didn't understand the rest of the steps on the mac installer.

post-77654-0-20976500-1444147153_thumb.png

post-77654-0-53525500-1444147158_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

I am not sure if this command will work on OSX but would work in pretty much any *nix so I expect it will.  This will fix up your hosts file.

echo 127.0.0.1 `hostname -b` >> /etc/hosts

• 2 months later...
AZRichG

My host was slow to respond a couple days in a row, when I had a look at activity monitor it was taking up over 700% of my CPU total. Seems like there might be some creep going on. Any ideas on how to trouble shoot that if it happens again?

Right now I just quit the server and restart. I'll see what happens again tonight.

• 2 weeks later...
AZRichG

I had Emby taking up 3/4 of my available CPUs this morning again. Last night I left a Safari window open with the guide and one of my iOS devices had the App running (not playing, but I hadn't quit it).

Nothing seemed to be happening, there was one recording that Emby did at 7pm last night which you would think had all its 'work' done by 9am the next day. I quit the server and started it up again and it appears to be acting normally.

Where can I look to understand what Emby is doing with all the CPU cycles? My understanding of the activity monitor is really limited to seeing the process and how much it's using. Everything is working fine, I just want to run efficiently as my spare CPU cycles are used for Folding@@Home.

Rich

I had Emby taking up 3/4 of my available CPUs this morning again. Last night I left a Safari window open with the guide and one of my iOS devices had the App running (not playing, but I hadn't quit it).

Nothing seemed to be happening, there was one recording that Emby did at 7pm last night which you would think had all its 'work' done by 9am the next day. I quit the server and started it up again and it appears to be acting normally.

Where can I look to understand what Emby is doing with all the CPU cycles? My understanding of the activity monitor is really limited to seeing the process and how much it's using. Everything is working fine, I just want to run efficiently as my spare CPU cycles are used for Folding@@Home.

Rich

Hi, a good start is how to report a problem.

• Like 1