Updated Emby Server...now no files showing up on WMC

linguica101
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

linguica101

Hello,

So I received a notification that there was an update to the Emby Server and that it needed to restart when I logged into Emby for WMC. So I went ahead and performed the update, but now when I log into Emby for WMC none of my video files are found. I click on the different categories/folders I have set up and all I get is a black screen saying "No Files".

Is anyone else experiencing this? I also tried viewing from a web browser as well as from my android phone with the same results.

try going to scheduled tasks in the server web interface and running a library scan. let us know if that resolves the issue, thanks.

linguica101

try going to scheduled tasks in the server web interface and running a library scan. let us know if that resolves the issue, thanks.

Luke,

Thanks for the tip, however I did try that last night. I tried again just now and I think something is wrong. It says that the scan was complete in 1 second. I have over 700 files, so that doesn't seem possible.

Whatever this is is basic to the system as opposed to the WMC app it appears.

So, let's back up and why don't you provide a server log in debug mode from when you run a library scan and try and access content.

linguica101

Whatever this is is basic to the system as opposed to the WMC app it appears.

So, let's back up and why don't you provide a server log in debug mode from when you run a library scan and try and access content.

ebr,

Sorry, but how do I set it to debug mode?

I've attached the log from the server I just re-ran the library scan. I'm not sure if its going to provide any details, since I don't know how to go to debug more.

server-63579650047 log.txt

• Solution

ok, so you're running the dev server, which is for testing, and this particular dev release does have some changes that are still not fully fleshed out. I hope to have them resolved tonight or tomorrow. If you need an immediate fix, you should install the stable release of the server, but the dev release has changed the database a little so even that might not be smooth sailing unless you install fresh. So in order to stay on dev, you might just have to wait. 

you can follow and participate in dev testing here, and it seems the testers have found some workarounds to get back up and running:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/26097-30575530621-30575540690/

• Like 1

linguica101

ok, so you're running the dev server, which is for testing, and this particular dev release does have some changes that are still not fully fleshed out. I hope to have them resolved tonight or tomorrow. If you need an immediate fix, you should install the stable release of the server, but the dev release has changed the database a little so even that might not be smooth sailing unless you install fresh. So in order to stay on dev, you might just have to wait. 

you can follow and participate in dev testing here, and it seems the testers have found some workarounds to get back up and running:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/26097-30575530621-30575540690/

Luke,

Thanks for looking into this. I don't see a way to install the stable release remotely, So I'll have to wait until I get home this evening. Hopefully that'll fix it.

Edited by linguica101