Old Bug Thread

cmcg

Issue description: While watching a trailer, the app screensaver starts. Pressing return exits the app instead of the screen saver I've only ever seen this occur with Trailer playback, not normal playback.

Steps to reproduce:

Set the screensaver timeout to 1 minute

Select a movie trailer and start playback

Switch trailer to full screen

After approx. 1 minute, the app screen saver starts (note: not the Samsung screensaver).

The only way to exit the screensaver is to press return

The app exits.

My TV/HTS/BDPlayer: UA60ES8000

My firmware version: ????

Other TVs etc. the issue has been reproduced on: ????

Confirmed by @@CBers ?? http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/27260-beta-100l/page-2&do=findComment&comment=265993

My Emby server version: v3.0.5781.1

My current Emby Samsung client version: 1.0.0j

Other Emby Samsung versions the issue can be reproduced in: not sure

Developer Comments: @cmcg - Need to disable screensaver here...

https://github.com/cmcgerty/MediaBrowser.SamsungUnofficial/blob/master/MediaBrowser%203/app/javascript/Gui/GuiPage_ItemDetails.js#L1096

Fixed in 1.0.0m

Edited by cmcg
  • Like 2

CBers

Issue description: Unable to get past the Splash-Screen (which doesn't display the version number) after starting the app, although the app's screensaver starts after the timeout.

Steps to reproduce: Start app and wait

My TV/HTS/BDPlayer: F8000

My firmware version: n/a

Other TVs etc. the issue has been reproduced on: none

My Emby server version:  DEV

My current Emby Samsung client version: 1.0.0L

Other Emby Samsung versions the issue can be reproduced in: Works OK on stable release (v0.593), but has been an in issue in several 1.0.0x releases.

Developer comments: cmcg - This is an issue with the dev server. Won't fix (for now at least).

Edited by cmcg

Issue description: Duplicate Movie and/or TV Menu options

Steps to reproduce: Create more that one Library of Type Movie or TV (ie: 2 Movie Libraries or 2 TV Libraries)

Ensure User has access to both Libraries

A TV or Movie menu option will exist for each Library resulting in Multiple Menus

564c4de1ae30d_snip.png

My TV/HTS/BDPlayer: UA60ES8000

My firmware version: n/a

Other TVs etc. the issue has been reproduced on: none

My Emby server version:  BETA

My current Emby Samsung client version: 1.0.0m

Other Emby Samsung versions the issue can be reproduced in: none

Notes to Developer:  In generateTopMenu() and generateMainMenu() try this (tested in Emulator):

if ($.inArray(name, menuItems) < 0)
menuItems.push(name);

Developer comments: cmcg - I do like a man who tells me the answer as well as the question :) Send me a pull request if you like.

Fixed in 1.0.0n

Edited by cmcg
  • Like 1

jaxnatax

maybe You've already seen my remarks.

now here is the cumulated list:

Issue description: multiple
- logon gui shows the typed password when typing the password !!! useless, please correct it !
- movie info shows "direct stream" during playback BUT transcoding file get generated (even more interesting that I have a D series TV and transcoding was diasabled at all in the app's menu)
- no resuming offered, no resume even if it was configured in the menu - instead it turned off my TV
- movie order/filter menu not reveal at all - OK I found the reason. only MOVIES top menu has this feature....possible to extend to all folders ?
- TV do not ask pin code even if that feature was already enabled
- server settings/ movie-audio and subtitle languages: only english, german, french, ialian and spanish ? how to add another ?
- at the left menu only, stepping from section-to-section (downward) is buggy (can not follow if stepped to next section, because highlighting disappears, after 2 more down button it appears at the correct position) - even seems to reponse slowly there
- folder list at left side shows the section category, not the section name (eg I have 3 movies listed) - upper menu also !!! corrected in 1.0.0.r
- movie rating not formatted to "0.0" when rating is 4 or 5 or 6 
- changing movie's audio track freezes for 30-60 secs and after that lagging/picture  loading (therefore cannot change)
- 3d button not works sometimes (cannot use it to switch 3d mode during playback) - tested. it happens after turning on the TV. If exiting the app (without turn off the TV) and start again -then the button get working !
- pre-caching media tiles for better response times is recommended, after jumping quickly 4-5 pages the loading get slower and slower, sometimes it even hangs for ~10-30 seconds on 1Gbit network also
- navigation between tiles is wrong (if I on the most left tiles and push left button, it brings in the menu and can not move left !!! - please change menu call-in to quick buttons (like yellow/blue)! corrected in 1.0.0.r
- plot scrolling is still bad: now have enough time for first line and reading downward, but from the end it jumps back to the beginnig too fast - maybe some word/letter/time calculation algorythm would be better  ;) or a manual plot scrolling ?? corrected in 1.0.0.r
- push return/back button at top folder - do nothing, or logout or exits - without confirmation - please implement confirmations
- no loading/or progress bar at all - my son was too quick: he could push the button as fast as the app loaded the movie details on the screen while the movie playback started in the background ?? (its sound was hearable!, but no audio playback was enabled for the plot)
- movie detail pane - the middle of the screen is empty and the plot need to scroll - please do not waste areas

- another BUGs found -
- when selecting playback - it sometimes hangs there ("Loading")....need to exit from smartapps and restart from the beginning
- movie playback/info says playbcak is direct streaming, while playback/options/audio says transcoding - probably this last is the wrong
- playback/when selecting another audio track - playback/info says direct stream copy and  a transcoding file appears and emby comsumes all free space (10GB+!), when stopping the movie playback (before emby fills up the whole drive) the temp transcoding file released

Steps to reproduce: please see description

My TV/HTS/BDPlayer: Samsung D8000
My firmware version: 2111
Other TVs etc. the issue has been reproduced on:
My Emby server version: 3.0.5781.2
My current Emby Samsung client version: 1.0.0m
Other Emby Samsung versions the issue can be reproduced in:  no source for that
Developer comments: also enlisted in the descriptions

thx in advance, keep up the good job!
Edited by jaxnatax

Hi @@jaxnatax and thanks for taking the trouble to provide such a detailed list of your experiences with the updated Samsung client. Many of your comments are very insightful, a few are already fixed for the next beta (see previous bug) and some I don't agree with. I'll highlight a few...

The logon box accepts your password and logs you on, hence it is not useless. But I take your point that it should obscure the password and I've looked at this before. I need to separate the two fields to have them behave differently and then navigation become more difficult. It's a bit of a pita which is why I've not got around to it.

Transcoding on D-Series is slightly different to others. If the server generates a transcoding file then you are transcoding and the app display is apparently wrong. I'll see if I can address this and ask you to check it in a future release.

Items that transcode may not be resumeable. I'll check.

PIN codes are not supported in this client, but it's a nice idea as entry with the remote would be much easier.

Switching audio track is slow when you are transcoding.

There is no menu button, nor will there be. People often suggest that X or Y button which happens to appear of their particular remote should open the menu. The menu is just off screen to the left. When you want it just go over there. This works particularly well for touch remotes that have very few buttons. The coloured A, B, C, D keys are reserved for less frequently used functions as some people have to bring up an on-screen display to access them. Basically, when you press the left key, navigation moves to the left. If the thing you wish to highlight is not to the left of the currently selected item then it seems like an odd button to be pressing.

Overview text scrolling should pause for longer at the end. Agreed.

Log out confirmations are polarising things. Personally they almost always make me think "well, I pressed a button clearly marked exit so what do you think?". More seriously, this is really the kind of non-essential function I probably won't get round to as I work full time so time to donate to Emby is limited to more interesting things.

Tell your son to slow down a bit!

Space on the movie/episode details page is at a premium. The centre area is reserved for submenus like chapters and cast, which are not always visible but moving everything around in response to that is not something I'm going to undertake. I've done my best.

Thanks again for your feedback. I look forward to implementing some of your suggestions in a future version. I should warn you though that support for D-Series devices will end soon as the low resolution SmartHub holds everyone else back and both the transcoding and direct stream capabilities are more limited than later models. So things may never get very much better than these next few betas.

• Like 1

jaxnatax

Hi @@jaxnatax and thanks for taking the trouble to provide such a detailed list of your experiences with the updated Samsung client. Many of your comments are very insightful, a few are already fixed for the next beta (see previous bug) and some I don't agree with. I'll highlight a few...

The logon box accepts your password and logs you on, hence it is not useless. But I take your point that it should obscure the password and I've looked at this before. I need to separate the two fields to have them behave differently and then navigation become more difficult. It's a bit of a pita which is why I've not got around to it.

Transcoding on D-Series is slightly different to others. If the server generates a transcoding file then you are transcoding and the app display is apparently wrong. I'll see if I can address this and ask you to check it in a future release.

Items that transcode may not be resumeable. I'll check.

PIN codes are not supported in this client, but it's a nice idea as entry with the remote would be much easier.

Switching audio track is slow when you are transcoding.

There is no menu button, nor will there be. People often suggest that X or Y button which happens to appear of their particular remote should open the menu. The menu is just off screen to the left. When you want it just go over there. This works particularly well for touch remotes that have very few buttons. The coloured A, B, C, D keys are reserved for less frequently used functions as some people have to bring up an on-screen display to access them. Basically, when you press the left key, navigation moves to the left. If the thing you wish to highlight is not to the left of the currently selected item then it seems like an odd button to be pressing.

Overview text scrolling should pause for longer at the end. Agreed.

Log out confirmations are polarising things. Personally they almost always make me think "well, I pressed a button clearly marked exit so what do you think?". More seriously, this is really the kind of non-essential function I probably won't get round to as I work full time so time to donate to Emby is limited to more interesting things.

Tell your son to slow down a bit!

Space on the movie/episode details page is at a premium. The centre area is reserved for submenus like chapters and cast, which are not always visible but moving everything around in response to that is not something I'm going to undertake. I've done my best.

Thanks again for your feedback. I look forward to implementing some of your suggestions in a future version. I should warn you though that support for D-Series devices will end soon as the low resolution SmartHub holds everyone else back and both the transcoding and direct stream capabilities are more limited than later models. So things may never get very much better than these next few betas.

Thank you for the quick response !

Obscuring password - well I meant a password field where everyone can read the password is useless - just imagine your try to prohibit acces to "R" category movies from your children, but they can read it from the screen when you type in - or shall we send them out of the room to freely type in the password , C'mon...

resume vs transcoding - I was wrong 'cause you missunderstood sg. 

The app showed that the file got direct played and CPU utilization showed it is correct.

Switching audio track when transcoding - no it is a general problem (even with direct play movies) 

App showed that it uses direct play. In the menu transcoding is disabled - regarding all of it, I ve found fresh transcoding files in the MB folder...but my current assumption is that transcodings get generated only when changed the audio track

quick buttons - I keep my statement. With an ususal remote, this left sided pop-up menu is not comfortable; even, it pops up when I move left (but I am not at the most left column - how to move left then ?)

My son is quick - I told him, but the "bug" he could reach was very interesting (the TV showed the plot page, while the movie started to playback in the background....we could hear the sound of it, but not the picture flow...)

Confirmations - well, I know it is probably at the 5th line...If I can help in developing, please let me know, maybe I can help...

centre area - well, I thought this is a simple selection (if not serie, then use centre area) - but I can live with that.

What about the the others , eg the 3d button issue. I can understand that you did not mentioned on that way you accepted the notification ?

regards,

j

ps: I've collected a bunch of requests - when will that section get unlocked ?

• 4 weeks later...
Issue description: Samsung TV app won't connect to server installed and running on my laptop.

Steps to reproduce: Start server on laptop. Find local access address: 192.168.etc. Start Samsung TV app, reach IP input screen, input IP. Notification window pops up with message: "Checking details, please wait" and then dissapears. Stuck on this screen:

5671a3b97605b_AddServer.png

My TV/HTS/BDPlayer: Samsung UA40H6300

My firmware version: T-MST14UABC-2143.3

Other TVs etc. the issue has been reproduced on: None.

My Emby server version: 3.0.5781.5

My current Emby Samsung client version: Don't know, stuck on IP input screen. App installed on 19-Dec.

Other Emby Samsung versions the issue can be reproduced in: Don't know.

Developer comments:

Issue description: Samsung TV app won't connect to server installed and running on my laptop.

Steps to reproduce: Start server on laptop. Find local access address: 192.168.etc. Start Samsung TV app, reach IP input screen, input IP. Notification window pops up with message: "Checking details, please wait" and then dissapears. Stuck on this screen:

5671a3b97605b_AddServer.png

My TV/HTS/BDPlayer: Samsung UA40H6300

My firmware version: T-MST14UABC-2143.3

Other TVs etc. the issue has been reproduced on: None.

My Emby server version: 3.0.5781.5

My current Emby Samsung client version: Don't know, stuck on IP input screen. App installed on 19-Dec.

Other Emby Samsung versions the issue can be reproduced in: Don't know.

Developer comments:

Hi there. Please check out our wiki on connectivity which has some troubleshooting steps you can try out:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Let us know if you are still having issues. Thanks.

Ghost2570

Issue description: Unable to install emby at all

Steps to reproduce:

My TV/HTS/BDPlayer: BD-H6500/ZA

My firmware version: (Firmware) ver.1111.0

Followed These directions to the letter.

You can logon as develop (user "develop", password "000000") by clicking the menu button and than select Smart Hub and in there Samsung Account menu on your remote.
After you logged on as develop you can press the smart hub button on your remote. Go to my app's list and on one of the installed apps hold the enter button down for a few seconds.
Another window will pop up giving you the option to add the IP address.
Afterwards hold the enter button down to go in the options again and choose "Start User app sync".
There will pop up a new window which says "user apps sync is requested"
After a few seconds the app will be installed on your TV.

Emby never installed and i have 5 of these dvd players. Wish app was available through Samsung store.

FrostByte

Issue description: Unable to install emby at all

Steps to reproduce:

My TV/HTS/BDPlayer: BD-H6500/ZA

My firmware version: (Firmware) ver.1111.0

Followed These directions to the letter.

You can logon as develop (user "develop", password "000000") by clicking the menu button and than select Smart Hub and in there Samsung Account menu on your remote.

After you logged on as develop you can press the smart hub button on your remote. Go to my app's list and on one of the installed apps hold the enter button down for a few seconds.

Another window will pop up giving you the option to add the IP address.

Afterwards hold the enter button down to go in the options again and choose "Start User app sync".

There will pop up a new window which says "user apps sync is requested"

After a few seconds the app will be installed on your TV.

Emby never installed and i have 5 of these dvd players. Wish app was available through Samsung store.

Were you ever able to get the app loaded?  Suggest maybe opening a new thread as this may be something else happening. 

Issue description: Unable to install emby client. It downloads, but then locks up player. I have been trying this for months. Just tried again today.

post-62757-0-68956600-1450882464_thumb.jpg - shows main screen and logged in as develop

post-62757-0-00399400-1450882468_thumb.jpg - shows IP setting

post-62757-0-40823200-1450882470_thumb.jpg - shows progress of emby download

post-62757-0-85269200-1450882472_thumb.jpg - shows progress complete. But, it never ever goes past this screen. I have waited over an hour to see if it changes. I cannot use Return. My only choice is to power off device.

Steps to reproduce: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/9869-samsung-smart-tv-app-install-instructions/?p=277346

My TV/HTS/BDPlayer: HT-E5500Series_ZA

My firmware version: HTB-E5500WWB-1023.1

Other TVs etc. the issue has been reproduced on: N/A

My Emby server version: N/A

My current Emby Samsung client version: None

Other Emby Samsung versions the issue can be reproduced in: N/A

Developer comments: cmcg - Hi @eseelke I've had exactly the same issue trying to load this in an E-Series HTS. I was not able to solve the problem I'm afraid.

Edited by cmcg

Issue: subtitles are missing the last character.

Steps to reproduce: play any asset with external SRT subtitles

Examples:

1- Original sub: "Thanks for everything!" Displayed sub: "Thanks for everything" <- note the missing "!"

2- Original sub: "Let's ride" Displayed sub: "Let's rid" <- note the missing "e".

My TV: Samsung UE55H6500

My Emby server version: 3.0.5781.8

My current Emby Samsung client version: 1.0.1

This problem was not happening with Emby Samsung client beta version 1.0.0q it started with some later version. I could also reproduce it in beta version 1.0.0.v

Edit: @@cmcg I just found this fork in github https://github.com/MediaBrowser/SamsungSmartTV/compare/master...arcticwaters:fix-subtitles that seems to fix the subtitles issue I reported above among a couple of other things. You may want to check it out in case it helps. :)

Edited by fc7

• 2 weeks later...
FrostByte

Issue description:  Screen / backdrop shifts up the first two times you click the down arrow within an audio playlist

Steps to reproduce: 

Click playlist from menu

Select an audio playlist

Press the down arrow on remote like you want to select a particular song, whole screen jumps up a line

Press down again and screen jumps again

My TV/HTS/BDPlayer: UN55F8000 with 2014 evokit

My firmware version: 1209.1

Other TVs etc. the issue has been reproduced on: HTS-F6500W

My Emby server version: 3.0.5800.3

My current Emby Samsung client version: 2.0.4a

Other Emby Samsung versions the issue can be reproduced in: not sure

568979a53faac_WP_20160103_001.jpg

Developer comments:

Hi guys,

Going forward, please create separate topics for bug reports. It will make searching the forum much easier. Thanks !