Old Bug Thread

cmcg

fluffykiwi

Issue description: Navigation within ALL A Z screens is inconsistent.

Pressing down on middle row moves you diagonally down and to the right, e.g. K is above T but pressing down on K moves you to U, L is above U but moves to V, etc.  Looks like bottom row is centred on screen but behaves as if it is left aligned like the top two rows.

I would expect to move to letter below current selection when I press down.

Steps to reproduce: Navigate down from any letter in middle row of A Z screens within TV, Movies or Music sections.

My TV/HTS/BDPlayer: UE55HU8500 and BD-F7500

My firmware version: TV 1280 BD 1021

Other TVs etc. the issue has been reproduced on: See above

My Emby server version: 3.0.5724.6

My current Emby Samsung client version: 0.593k

Other Emby Samsung versions the issue can be reproduced in: 0.588

Developer comments: Agreed. The situation is the same on results screens when the bottom row has less items than the rows above. Fixed in v0.593o
Edited by cmcg

FrostByte

Issue description: Photos and Music Videos missing from menu.  Will need more as Media Folders goes away.   Also, lines between Media and Admin functions like in webclient menu only works on D series TVs.

Steps to reproduce: Click the menu key

My TV/HTS/BDPlayer: UN55F8000

My firmware version: 1209.1

Other TVs etc. the issue has been reproduced on: HT-F6500W

My Emby server version:  3.0.5724.6

My current Emby Samsung client version: 0.593m

Other Emby Samsung versions the issue can be reproduced in: 

Developer comments:

• Like 1

fluffykiwi

Issue description: Overlapping text in Music-Recent Frequent Albums and Artist

Text being displayed under third row of result overlaps bottom row text. Overlap is about half the text height.

Think the text simply needs lowered and there is space available, even with Music controls showing. Could possibly lower and still fit in three rows of text if you wished to display more metadata.

Steps to reproduce: Enter Music pages and view text below third row of albums on Recent Frequent Album and Artist pages.

My TV/HTS/BDPlayer: UE55HU8500 and BD-F7500

My firmware version: TV 1280 BD 1021

Other TVs etc. the issue has been reproduced on: See above

My current Emby Samsung client version: 0.593m

Other Emby Samsung versions the issue can be reproduced in: 0.588

Developer comments: Confirmed. I think this is actually a duplicate and is reported above somewhere. Fixed in 1.0.0d

fluffykiwi comment

Oops sorry. Didnt notice this is fifth post in thread, although does not specify it is common to all Music views except Artist-Albums.

Edited by cmcg

FrostByte

Issue description: In a music Playlist songs from single disc albums have a "?" if no disc# is specified in the id3 tags.  Same thing which was fixed in albums before.

Steps to reproduce: Click the menu key, scroll down to Playlists, select a Playlist

My current Emby Samsung client version: 0.593n

Developer comments: Fixed in v0.593o

Edited by cmcg
  • Like 1

FrostByte

Issue description: In Collections the focus can go up past the top line of collections.  If you scroll left when you go up past the top the item numbers are 1/0, -1/0, -2/0, -3/0 and you can keep going forever and no Menu appears.  Clicking down once brings you back the top leftmost collection.   Almost like there is a hidden top menu up there, or previous code.  Expected behavior is for scrolling to stop at the top row of collections and not go up any further.

Steps to reproduce: Click the menu key, scroll down and select Collections, arrow up or scroll up using touch pad past the top row of collections

Other Emby Samsung versions the issue can be reproduced in: 0.590

Developer comments: Confirmed Fixed in v0.593o

Edited by cmcg

FrostByte

Issue description: When you click "Add to Playlist" within a movie then a popup box comes up if you don't have a previous movie playlist (see pic below) and if you change your mind and hit return the screen goes back one and the box now follows you where ever you navigate. 

What a person really needs to do if they change their mind is hit enter to bring up the keypad and then click Return which exits both boxes.  Once navigate away and the box is still there the only way to make the box go away is to either exit the app or go back and click "Add to Playlist" again and then hit Enter to bring up the keypad and then click return. 

Suggested fixes:

1.  Either add the ability to hit return and exit the popup box at that point if you change your mind AND also add some text in the box so people know you have to click "Enter" to bring up the keypad, or

2.  Better yet have the keypad automatically come up at the same time as the popup box because you need it anyway to name the playlist.  This way hitting return will function like a cancel closing both boxes and not return you to the main menu or something with the popup box still there

Steps to reproduce: Click the menu key, scroll down and select movies, select a movie, scroll down to "Add to Playlist", when you see the box in the pic hit "Return"

Developer comments:  Fixed in v0.593o

56197d646a92e_playlist.jpg

Edited by cmcg

Jonathon

Issue description: Unable to login using an account with a password, or without.

Steps to reproduce: Start Emby from the Smarthub, choose an account from the login screen.  The app locks up, and doesn't continue.  Emby server logs shows the user account successfully logged in.

My TV/HTS/BDPlayer: Samsung UN65J6203

My firmware version: 1009

Other TVs etc. the issue has been reproduced on: N/A

My current Emby Samsung client version: Unable to verify version, but deleted app and reinstalled on 10/10

Developer comments: I'm sorry the Emby app stopped working for you. We don't really support the J series. As they normally run Tizen OS there is no updated Smart TV 2015 emulator to test code against.

I did recently make changes to logon to fix problems with hidden accounts. This was tested on 2011, 2013 and 2014 emulators and all work fine.

I'll give you the link to grab the version just before that and you can try the USB install method if you like.

http://86.14.225.93/MediaBrowser3_0.593k_Europe_20151006.zip

Otherwise, you can use the IP address on the stable version page to return to that version.

Thanks for your feedback. But I'm sorry to say that J series will probably never be supported due to the switch to Tizen OS by Samsung.

@@Jonathon let me know that his logon problem was caused by a port clash on his Emby server. - cmcg

Edited by cmcg
Moved to another thread (http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/26281-unable-to-login-using-an-account-with-a-password-or-without/)
  • Like 1

FrostByte

Issue description: Current time replaced with a timer since the TV power cycle.

Steps to reproduce: Start app, wait for Home screen to display and time should be shown in bottom right corner

My current Emby Samsung client version: 0.593o

Other Emby Samsung versions the issue can be reproduced in: 0. 590, 0.593o, 1.0.0b

Developer comments: @SamES tells us that this bug has been around for a long time. I had seen it before. It did seem to get worse in 593o, but I now believe that to be coincidental. It looks probable that Date() is getting input from a source external to the TV that is occasionally inaccessible. There are some local API calls but they differ by model. We'll keep an eye on this one for now. - cmcg

Edited by cmcg

FrostByte

Issue description: The qwerty keyboard covers up the password field so you aren't sure you got the correct number of characters until you click OK.  Can the password box be moved to the left like you did the "Add to Playlist"?  I really like the new keyboard btw.  Makes entering you pw a lot easier

Steps to reproduce: Log out and Forget, Choose userid from list, keyboard pops up in front

My current Emby Samsung client version: 0.593o

Other Emby Samsung versions the issue can be reproduced in: This first came about with  593o

Developer comments: This feature was in the beta that seemed to break the clock (see above) and was taken out again. However, they were probably unrelated so it might make a comeback at some point, in which case I'll sort this. - cmcg

561af79866895_WP_20151011_003.jpg

Edited by cmcg

• 2 weeks later...
CBers

Issue description: Audio tracks show as TRANSCODING when they are not.

Steps to reproduce: Play a video and then Tools, Audio and you will see what audio is playing with Transcoding.

My TV/HTS/BDPlayer: F8000

My firmware version: n/a

Other TVs etc. the issue has been reproduced on: none

My Emby server version:  DEV

My current Emby Samsung client version: 1.0.0b

Other Emby Samsung versions the issue can be reproduced in: Been like this for a while.

Developer comments: 

CBers

Issue description: When selecting a chapter during playback, the time code isn't displayed, so it's difficult to know where you're jumping to.

Steps to reproduce: Play a video and then Tools, Chapters and you'll see there's no time code next to the chapter number.

My TV/HTS/BDPlayer: F8000

My firmware version: n/a

Other TVs etc. the issue has been reproduced on: none

My Emby server version: DEV

My current Emby Samsung client version: 1.0.0b

Other Emby Samsung versions the issue can be reproduced in: Been like this for a while.

Developer comments:

FrostByte

Issue description: Movie genre page not showing genre thumb files properly, doesn't display all genre names at one time.  I see part of something in the top left corner and you can scroll through different genres, but only one name at a time is shown and just the one partial backdrop in the left up corner scrolls at a time

Steps to reproduce: Go to Movies, scroll right over to Genre, hit Enter

My current Emby Samsung client version: 1.0.0.b

Other Emby Samsung versions the issue can be reproduced in: Not sure when it broke, don't use genre very often

Developer comments: Fixed in 1.0.0c, although I'm still in two minds about the selection method. Might go back to white boxes. - cmcg

Pic from 1.0.0b.  You can see a partial something in the top left.  I assume that is some backdrop (hard to tell), but it's definitely NOT the thumb like is shown in the webclient.  I also circled the genre name Action because it only shows one genre at a time, though you can scroll through the genres changing the name and the backdrop in the upper left.  There is a counter in the bottom left (not shown) which displays the number of Genres correctly.  Also, if you click on the genre displayed it appears to show the correct movies.

56282ae35c3bf_WP_20151021_001.jpg

This is how it looks in the web client

56282ba80ab54_genre.jpg

Edited by cmcg

Ultroman

Issue description:
When playing video files from a folder with content type "Home Videos", some videos just don't start. Emby stays on the folder-screen, shows the "Loading"-panel, but never starts the video. Pressing back, lets you browse the folder again. It displays a message about switching tracks in the log (see screenshots), and it just looks all wrong. The same videos play fine, when they are added to a 'normal' TV series folder.

See attached txt-files with MediaInfo logs from affected files (File1, File2 and File4). I've also included the MediaInfo log of a file that is NOT affected (File3). The NOT-affected file is from the same ripper as File1, File2, and it is the episode following File2. File4 is a completely different series, but it is doing the same thing.

EDIT: I've removed the samples, because they weren't affected. See list of affected releases below, after the developer comments.

My folder with 'Home Videos' content type. I have clicked Enter to start the Criminal Minds episode. This is what I see.
post-6264-0-14883700-1445544465_thumb.jpg

After pressing Return a few times, I can get all the way back to my start-screen, still with the "Loading"-panel.
post-6264-0-81691900-1445544483_thumb.jpg

This is my log after the failed attempt to play the video.
post-6264-0-86340100-1445544496_thumb.jpg

These are my server settings
post-6264-0-64268200-1445544517_thumb.jpg

This is my normal 'TV Series' folder-view of the same episode, after I have added it to the regular folder. (for some reason the server refuses to download anything but 'Backdrop' images automatically right now).
post-6264-0-40507700-1445544532_thumb.jpg

I click into the episode view
post-6264-0-33365300-1445544551_thumb.jpg

Start the video...and it plays!
post-6264-0-88895100-1445544566_thumb.jpg

Here is the log after starting the video from the normal series folder view (screen 1)
post-6264-0-05896800-1445544578_thumb.jpg

Here is the log after starting the video from the normal series folder view (screen 2)
post-6264-0-80554700-1445544592_thumb.jpg

Steps to reproduce:
- Make a folder in your library with the content type "Home Videos".
- Put a video of a certain type into it
- Go to the folder on your TV via the 'Media Folders' view
- Play the video

My TV/HTS/BDPlayer:
UE50H6470

My firmware version:

Other TVs etc. the issue has been reproduced on:
Another H-series

My Emby server version:

My current Emby Samsung client version:
1.0.0c

Developer comments: Unable to replicate on D, F or H series emulators or physical F-Series TV. All sample files Direct Stream and play without issue. I'm not unfamiliar with the issue where the file doesn't play and leaves "Loading" in the corner but I don't know what's causing it for you at the moment. - cmcg

Ultroman answer: Well, the samples seem to play now...weird. Then I can only type up some of the releases I have trouble with:
Arrow.S04E01.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION[eztv]
Arrow.S04E02.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION[eztv]
Criminal.Minds.S11E03.720p.HDTV.x264-FLEET[eztv]
Doctor.Who.S09E03.720p.HDTV.x264-TLA[eztv]
doctor.who.s09e04.720p.hdtv.x264-tla
NCIS.S13E02.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION[EtHD]
NCIS.S13E03.HDTV.XviD-FUM[ettv]
NCIS.S13E04.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION[eztv]

post-6264-0-14883700-1445544465_thumb.jpg

post-6264-0-81691900-1445544483_thumb.jpg

post-6264-0-86340100-1445544496_thumb.jpg

post-6264-0-64268200-1445544517_thumb.jpg

post-6264-0-40507700-1445544532_thumb.jpg

post-6264-0-33365300-1445544551_thumb.jpg

post-6264-0-88895100-1445544566_thumb.jpg

post-6264-0-05896800-1445544578_thumb.jpg

post-6264-0-80554700-1445544592_thumb.jpg

MediaInfo Log - File 1 - Affected.txt

MediaInfo Log - File 2 - Affected.txt

MediaInfo Log - File 3 - next episode, same ripper, but NOT affected.txt

MediaInfo Log - File 4 - Affected.txt

Edited by Ultroman
  • Like 1

FrostByte

Issue description: App does not display Photos when photos are 4 levels deep and will lock up and abort app when clicking Enter.  This is not a problem using Media Folders as you can have Photos at least 4 levels deep using that route

Steps to reproduce: Create a folder 4 directories deep containing photos and then rescan library if needed.  Go to Menu, Photos.  App locks up and you can't scroll around to the different years.  Hit enter and app aborts and will ask for password if you don't have app set to auto login, else it jumps back to Home Screen after auto logging back in

My TV/HTS/BDPlayer: UN55F8000 w/2014 evo kit

My Emby server version:  3.0.5724.7

My current Emby Samsung client version: 1.0.0.d

Other Emby Samsung versions the issue can be reproduced in: NA

Developer comments: Fixed in 1.0.0e

Here is a pic of what it looks like with one folder which has photos at least 4 levels deep.  You notice in the bottom left corner it says there are 8 folders, but only 7 are displayed.  Off to the right there is a hanging green circle with the number 1, no box below that, and then there is a black line where the year 2012 should be.  At this point the app is locked up and I can't scroll to the different years.  When I click Enter the app aborts and attempts to log back in

Format of the folder 2012 is C:\Photos\Year\Location\sub location

5632d7891fe06_WP_20151029_002.jpg

Here is a pic after I moved the last level of folders inside 2012 up one level and stopped at C:\Photos\Year\Location\  Notice the folder 2012 shows up correctly now and I am able to scroll over to it.  Photos now can then be displayed

5632d7a050dfe_WP_20151029_004.jpg

Edited by cmcg

FrostByte

Issue description: App aborts when enhanced presentation for photos is not checked and navigating to Photos within menu.  Also, the view within Media Folders...Photos is displayed incorrectly

Steps to reproduce: On the webclient go to User settings...Home screen settings...View Styles...and uncheck Photos.  This was the default when I first installed server, not sure if that has changed but I have never needed to change this setting before.  Now within the app go to Menu...Photos and the app should lock up and abort and then either ask for your password, or auto login if that is set

My TV/HTS/BDPlayer: UN55F8000 w/2014 evo kit

My Emby server version:  3.0.5724.7

My current Emby Samsung client version: 1.0.0.d

Other Emby Samsung versions the issue can be reproduced in: NA

Developer comments: Fixed in 1.0.0e

Suggested fixes:

1. Display a box when clicking Photos and enhanced presentation is not check warning user option must be enabled.  Or disable clicking on Photos so that app doesn't abort when enhanced presentation is not checked

2. Add the ability to enable enhanced presentation for photos within the apps Server settings so that you don't have to do this at the server itself

Here is a pic of Media Folders...Photos when enhanced presentation for photos is not checked.  Notice the year 2008 in the upper left corner and only one year displayed with the metadata box

5632dd5780144_WP_20151027_003.jpg

Edited by cmcg

FrostByte

Issue description:  After watching an episode from the view "New TV" get the message "Looks like we have no content to show you" message after episode is done showing and you hit the return key.  App does not Return either when hitting Return. The only way out is to bring up the menu options.  Had two episodes in New TV (the latest episode of Scorpion and the first episode of season 2 of Legends) and got the same result both times when hitting return. 

Steps to reproduce: 

Change one​ of your two views on the Home screen to "New TV". 

Add and episode to your library,

play the episode from New TV. 

After the episode is done then hit Return. 

Error message pops up and the only way out is to bring up the menu.

My TV/HTS/BDPlayer: UN55F8000 with 2014 evokit

Other TVs etc. the issue has been reproduced on: HTS-F6500W

My Emby server version: v3.0.5781.0

My current Emby Samsung client version: 1.0.0g

Other Emby Samsung versions the issue can be reproduced in: not sure

563971a17056c_WP_20151103_002.jpg

Developer comments:

• Like 1

Issue description: Movie Covers

My TV/HTS/BDPlayer: UE40D6530

My firmware version: 1028.0

My Emby server version: 3.0.5768.7, 3.0.5781.1

My current Emby Samsung client version: 0.593 Stable Release, 1.0.0 beta

Most likely this is due to Emby servers and the transition to the new version. If you use the 3.0.5724.6 everything was fine. Reverting back to this version does not helps.On the web interface, everything is fine.

post-52239-0-83932000-1447144455_thumb.jpeg

post-52239-0-74636100-1447144466_thumb.jpeg

Log.txt

Edited by cmcg

Issue description: Movie Covers

My TV/HTS/BDPlayer: UE40D6530

My firmware version: 1028.0

My Emby server version: 3.0.5768.7, 3.0.5781.1

My current Emby Samsung client version: 0.593 Stable Release, 1.0.0 beta

Most likely this is due to Emby servers and the transition to the new version. If you use the 3.0.5724.6 everything was fine. Reverting back to this version does not helps.On the web interface, everything is fine.

The problem was in GDI

• Like 2

Issue description:  If TV folders on the server exist only inside mixed-content folders (ie: no top-level TV folders exist) then the TV menu option is missing

Steps to reproduce: 

On the server, create a new library of type mixed-content

In the library, create a TV folder and create at least one TV season/episode

In the metadata-manager, define the TV folder has having content type of TV

Create a user with access only to this new library

Start the Samsung client

Verify that the TV menu option is missing

My TV/HTS/BDPlayer: UA60ES8000

My firmware version: ??

My Emby server version: v3.0.5781.1

My current Emby Samsung client version: 1.0.0j

Other Emby Samsung versions the issue can be reproduced in: not sure   >= 1.0.0.e

Developer comments: When I replicate this set up I do not see the TV folder in the metadata editor. Only the series under the Mixed content collection. Likewise, since there is no TV collection I do not see the enhanced TV features in the web client either. - @@cmcg

@@cmcg, make the folder structure like this

5647115b7d03a_Folders.png

Add to the library at the top level, ie:  ..\..\Mark

In the metadata editor, you should see this

564712a91343a_mmeta.png

Select TV Shows folder, then on the RHS of the metadata editor, checks that TV shows is Content Type: TV

5647137c84502_TV.png

Initially in the web-client, you won't see a TV collection.

Enable enhanced view for this user/library, and save

56471402bbcc3_view.png

There should now be a TV view on the web-client (may need to sign out, then sign back in as this user):

564714ad7100d_TVView.png

In the current release of the Samsung App, for a user with only this library, the TV menu is always missing.  

The reason for this is that in this case, there is no top level CollectionFolder of type tvshows.  However, with enhanced views enabled, there is a top level UserView of type tvshows.

I've tested it and you can fix it like this without impacting the detection of top level CollectionFolders of tvshows.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/27260-beta-100l/?p=265999

I hope this helps to reproduce this issue.

Thanks.

@SamES - Fixed in M

Edited by SamES

CBers

Issue description: The app does not start at first, hangs on splashscreen, have to exit app and then start again

Steps to reproduce: Don't know if others have the same issue, most of the time it happens on first start of the app. Log is showing error (see picture)

My TV/HTS/BDPlayer: BD-D6900S

My firmware version: ?

My Emby server version: v3.0.5781.1

My current Emby Samsung client version: 1.0.0l

Other Emby Samsung versions the issue can be reproduced in: 1.0.0h,i,j,k,l

I concur with this - I reported it earlier in a separate thread.

Whenever I use the app for the first time, the splash-screen either doesn't load, or it takes forever to load.

Exiting the app and re-starting seems to work.

FrostByte

I see the above on my TV now that I have the 2014/H series evolution kit though it never even gets to the splash screen.  With the evokit installed it deletes the app first instead of doing an upgrade every time and I believe hangs on trying to bring up the screen where you enter server IP screen after first installing a new version.

Sometimes just restarting the app helps, but most of the time it doesn't and for me it helps to turn off the TV after first installing a new version and then turn the TV back on before starting the app.  If I do that it doesn't hang and I can reenter the IP and all my settings again because the install deleted the old version without upgrading.  The next time I start the app it doesn't hang

On my HTS which is on the 2013/F series version of SmartHub and still performs an upgrade it is saving old settings though on the HTS it hangs on the splash screen the first time after an upgrade and just restarting the app helps on the HTS

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

FrostByte

Has anyone confirmed this on 0.593?

No, but I can do that now unless DaxterFL did already

Edited by FrostByte

CBers

Has anyone confirmed this on 0.593?

Since updating to "L", I'm still seeing the issue.

I never saw it on 593, or earlier 1.0.0 releases.

The strange thing is, if I leave it on the splash-screen (with no version number displayed), the app's screensaver starts after the predetermined timeout!

FrostByte

Ok, I just loaded the release and beta versions several times on both my devices and here are the results for both

HT-F6500W (Home theater system):

Problem: App locks up at the splash screen first time after upgrading, subsequent starts of app display no issue.  This had been happening the last few updates recently

I was NOT able to reproduce this error on 593 or 1.0.0l.  I deleted the app first then upgraded the app on both versions  and never got the issue to happen again.  It's possible the delete of the older version the first time cleared something out, but after installing the release and beta 3 times each I couldn't get it to happen again

Recommend others to try and delete the app before installing the next time to see if maybe something clears out with installing fresh

----

F8500 w/ 2014 evokit

Problem: install always deletes the app before installing and then locks up when starting the app.  Only a power down/up will allow the IP entry screen to show and subsequent starts of app show no issues.  Requires resetting all options too of course

This problem happens on both 593 and 1.0.0l and still happens.  This is definitely related to the evokit and the 2014 SmartHub and started right after I installed it.  I have seen other H series users, though not all, state they see the same thing so as soon as I saw it I knew it had something to do with the new SmartHub.  Not sure if this can be fixed with code, or if it's just something to always expect now

• Like 1