Camera Upload - Video Files?

Blue Kachina

Blue Kachina

Hey all;

Does anyone know if it's possible to enable the upload of video files from the camera upload feature?

Mine seems to be grabbing images, and I'm amazed at how fast it's working, but video files get left behind.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Thidsa

Yes why is it like that? Luke, is this with intension?

edit:

Noticed now it cant be, this is what it says in the devices/camera upload:

"Automatically upload photos and videos taken from your mobile device"

Edited by Thidsa

This is probably another feature that is going to be removed, seems like early days things were being thrown in left and right to see what stuck, but quickly abandoned. This could have been an amazing tool, I've been waiting for the feature to select which folders to watch and network settings.

Camera upload is one feature that just seems out of place anyways, never made much sense in a media playing app.

I have switched to bittorrent sync, it lets you pick which folders you upload and includes videos.

Yes why is it like that? Luke, is this with intension?

edit:

Noticed now it cant be, this is what it says in the devices/camera upload:

"Automatically upload photos and videos taken from your mobile device"

@@Thidsa, what exactly is the issue that you're having?

Thidsa

Issue is like the starter of tread said. It only uploads images, not videos take with same camera

• 2 months later...
Blue Kachina

@@Luke - Nobody has answered this question yet.  Do you happen to know if the Camera Upload feature is supposed to upload videos (as well as photos)? Photo uploading is working for me, but none of my videos are being uploaded.

The android app has actually never had it for videos but we plan to add it in a future update. thanks !

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
nagle3092

The android app has actually never had it for videos but we plan to add it in a future update. thanks !

Any idea on an update on this? Also how about the ability to select what is uploaded, right now I am getting the camera pics, downloads, sms pics and screenshots. It would be great if I could just get the camera pics uploaded vs the others.

More control over what gets uploaded is something we are planning on for a future update. thanks !

More control over what gets uploaded is something we are planning on for a future update. thanks !

Under camera upload it says

"Emby apps can automatically upload photos and videos taken from your mobile devices into Emby Server".

Assuming this was a mistake, video's doesn't work?

• 3 weeks later...