Movie Poster no scaled properly when dimensions not set in Metadata Manager

primecut

primecut

Something else I have noticed, but am again not sure if it is a "bug" or design choice: the backdrop size changes when switching to the episode level:

ESRa90c.jpg

Edited by primecut

shorty1483

Using latest Server beta (.6) with Chrome 45 Beta. 

Issue is fixed for Movie Libraries, but for TV Series and Seasons it's not. For Episodes, it's working again. I just recognized when browsing libraries,

Edited by shorty1483

fraenhawk

Seems corrected for all media types for me now with 3.0.5713.7

Of course Chrome put 45.0.2454.85 into production on the same day so I'm not sure which fixed it.

shorty1483

Updated to last stable server version 3.0.5724.3 today. Now the problem with Text behind/in front of Pictures is back even on latest beta browser versions like Chrome

Chrome 46.0.2490.13 beta-m (64-bit)

Firefox 40.0.3

Affected Pages:

-Collections (1.png)

-TV Series (2.png)

- TV Series Season (4.png)

Additionally the button in the TV Series Episode View is a bit behind the Like buttons (3.png), because there is no Genre field I guess.

A Refresh of the page or resize page smaller than back to fullscreen does not correct the issue.

Cause I don't know if it's plugin or server related, I also link this issue, perhaps someone can reproduce:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/25022-collection-coverart-cut-off-after-update-to-3057243-stable/&do=findComment&comment=243884

post-59764-0-90963200-1441271493_thumb.png

post-59764-0-08833400-1441271495_thumb.png

post-59764-0-33690700-1441271612_thumb.png

post-59764-0-21722300-1441271890_thumb.png

Edited by shorty1483

fraenhawk

Hmm, I'm not having the problem with 3.0.5724.3 and 45.0.2454.85 m

I am not running the CoverArt plugin that it looks like you have in your screenshots though.

shorty1483

Hmm, I'm not having the problem with 3.0.5724.3 and 45.0.2454.85 m

I am not running the CoverArt plugin that it looks like you have in your screenshots though.

Issue with the Covers solved itself. Do also have not the issue with the text behind the covers?

shorty1483

Issue still partially persistent in latest 3.0.5732.400 on Chrome 46 Beta. But the overlapping in Collections seems to be fixed.

TV Series and Season Screen still not working. In Episode Details, it's fine again. I put all my hope in @@Luke and the Dev team/Contributors :D

Updated to last stable server version 3.0.5724.3 today. Now the problem with Text behind/in front of Pictures is back even on latest beta browser versions like Chrome

Chrome 46.0.2490.13 beta-m (64-bit)

Firefox 40.0.3

Affected Pages:

-Collections (1.png)

-TV Series (2.png)

- TV Series Season (4.png)

Additionally the button in the TV Series Episode View is a bit behind the Like buttons (3.png), because there is no Genre field I guess.

A Refresh of the page or resize page smaller than back to fullscreen does not correct the issue.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Olywa123

Still seeing these issues with Server Version 3.0.5724.5 and Chrome Version 46.0.2490.22 m (64-bit). A refresh doesn't appear to fix it.

Only with TV shows and there doesn't seem to be any consistency (maybe title length?), some titles overlap, some missing, some fine. I have a number of shows doing this but Rick and Morty S2 is a good example for testing...

5605e4b443d0a_Captureoverlapping.jpg5605e4d66655b_Capture2missingtitles.jpg5605e4fd3ca30_Capture3ok.jpg

Edited by Olywa123
  • Like 2

Look in the metadata manager "Images" tab for the items with this problem.  Do they not show any image dimensions?

Happy2Play

Look in the metadata manager "Images" tab for the items with this problem.  Do they not show any image dimensions?

The episodes I see it happen on don't show dimensions.

5606e89e53ae6_Untitled.jpg

Olywa123

Thanks @@ebr, I agree with Happy, those that have the issues don't show the dimensions for me either so guess you are onto something. I've tried deleting the image and downloading the same or different images again and images with different dimensions* but in either case I could not get it to show the dimensions in the metadata images tab. 

*The dimensions on the existing affected images are the same in some cases as those that are unaffected so still unsure as to the logic of when/why it occurs.

Edited by Olywa123

techworld

Hi guys,

I don't know about Android or iOS app, but I notice that there is no Refresh button for users in the web client app.

In order for me to manually refresh the libraries, I have to log in as an admin, and then go to Manage Server to trigger it.

I know there is an refresh task trigger in the Server settings such as daily, on the interval..., but sometimes I want to manually refresh/re-scan the media libraries as the users.

It would be nice and convenience, if you guys add the features in the future update.

Thanks.

Edited by techworld

Hi guys,

I don't know about Android or iOS app, but I notice that there is no Refresh button for users in the web client app.

In order for me to manually refresh the libraries, I have to log in as an admin, and then go to Manage Server to trigger it.

I know there is an refresh task trigger in the Server settings such as daily, on the interval..., but sometimes I want to manually refresh/re-scan the media libraries as the users.

It would be nice and convenience, if you guys add the features in the future update.

Thanks.

there are refresh buttons all over the browsing UI, and added to just about every context menu.

if you could explain why you're not able to find them, that can help us make it easier for the next person that comes along. thanks.

techworld

Luke,

Is this the Refresh button you talking about?

Another thing, my videos libraries aren't loading on server startup.

I have to manually refresh the libraries from the server gui in order for them to show.

post-74719-0-42284000-1443368462_thumb.png

post-74719-0-05415200-1443368787_thumb.png

Edited by techworld

Thanks @@ebr, I agree with Happy, those that have the issues don't show the dimensions for me either so guess you are onto something. I've tried deleting the image and downloading the same or different images again and images with different dimensions* but in either case I could not get it to show the dimensions in the metadata images tab. 

*The dimensions on the existing affected images are the same in some cases as those that are unaffected so still unsure as to the logic of when/why it occurs.

I had a problem with images resizing incorrectly in the web client, but then noticed that the ones with problems showed no dimensions in the metadata manager.  The way I fixed them was to download the jpg (It always seems to be jpegs that have the problem), then open them in Photoshop, copy the background layer to a new layer, then delete the background layer, then I select "Save for web" and save as a PNG-24 with transparency.  Then I upload the png from my computer to replace the image and the dimensions will then show in the metadata manager and the resizing problem vanishes.  I am not 100% sure you actually have to make it a layered picture first before saving as a PNG-24, but I've always done that out of habit to make them a real PNG before saving.

Edited by brienj

Happy2Play

This seems to be related to TMDB.  Majority of my trailers via Trailer plugin have no dimensions but pulling image from OMDB displays dimensions where as pulling image from TMDB don't via Browse Images.  Manually pulling from Fanart gets dimensions also,

But TVDB is affected also for episodes.

Edited by Happy2Play

This seems to be related to TMDB.  Majority of my trailers via Trailer plugin have no dimensions but pulling image from OMDB displays dimensions where as pulling image from TMDB don't via Browse Images.  Manually pulling from Fanart gets dimensions also,

But TVDB is affected also for episodes.

Are you having this issue on the dev server?  I thought it was fixed...

• Like 2

Happy2Play

Are you having this issue on the dev server?  I thought it was fixed...

Yep it looks to be fixed in the Dev.

• Like 1

pir8radio

Well the original issue, from the first post, appears to be fixed in Version 3.0.5724.6

560ff0138babd_Capture.png

shorty1483

Using Web Client (Chrome/Firefox) or Web based app (Android App), the movie posters are not scaled correctly, if no dimension is set in Metadata Manager. 

This happens mostly with Images from TMDB, but also with some of Fanart.tv. It must be the treatment of the Web based Clients since the Samsung app scales the same images properly.I use currently latest .6 beta. 

5610c6e350c53_2.png5610c6f03574c_1.png5610c6f7e0159_3.png

Edit: Tried with Coverart deactivated (ignore) and the first result was the same. The refreshed the page and the covers scaled properly. Then reactivated e.g. the Source Cover Mode in Cover Art. Now the Covers have all the same size. :D  Is this a bug in the generation of cover treatments? Dunno...

Edited by shorty1483

Nathanio

Just been looking at some recorded tv on my server and noticed that the TV image is overlapping the text. See attached picture. It only seems to happen on this one file so far. 

I've noticed that this is portrait though as the others are landscape.

post-4181-0-70015100-1443992165_thumb.jpg