Premiered date is showing up wrong

heula
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

heula

For Windows I had this script running as a workaround for this issue and that worked because all premiered dates where correct again.

tzutil /s "Eastern Standard Time"

TASKKILL /F /PID EmbyServer.exe
TASKKILL /F /PID EmbyTray.exe

timeout 5

start C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\EmbyServer.exe

timeout 20

tzutil /s "W. Europe Standard Time"

The same procedure works on my Synology NAS but I don't now how to get it working as the script does on Windows.

If anyone can help me out with a new script that I can use as a workaround for the Synology NAS, would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
chowbok

I just noticed this and it was annoying me, so I tried to find a workaround. First, I changed the time zone on the (Linux) Emby server from CST6CDT to UTC and rebooted. This didn't fix it, so I tried launching Chromium (also on a Linux box) with my TZ set to UTC. This made it so when I went to a season page, no episodes were displayed(!). So maybe I've uncovered another bug?

Anyhow... has anyone figured a workaround to this on Linux (other than just entering the wrong dates on episodes to compensate)?

Edited by chowbok

Happy2Play

The issue appears to be the datetime is written to the database in UTC  but written to the nfo in utc +/- timezone.  (At least from a edit point of view)

Example Edit metadata changing dateadded a few minutes ago.  I did this before 12:00am to this clearly isn't using a actual time.  From beta database.

5be29d5e8443f_added.jpg

5be29d799f0ed_ui.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

• 3 weeks later...
Happy2Play

The issue appears to be the datetime is written to the database in UTC  but written to the nfo in utc +/- timezone.  (At least from a edit point of view)

Example Edit metadata changing dateadded a few minutes ago.  I did this before 12:00am to this clearly isn't using a actual time.  From beta database.

5be29d5e8443f_added.jpg

5be29d799f0ed_ui.jpg

This appears fixed in beta 3.6.x.x, not a issue to me but timestamp is set to 00:00:00 instead of actual time on manual edit in UI.

<dateadded>2018-11-30 00:00:00</dateadded>

5c01c55a9d6b7_dt.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

This is still an issue for me with emby server for synology 3.06.0.79.

Edited by heula

Why do you feel you're still having an issue? Can you please describe the problem in more detail? Thanks.

Happy2Play

For new items or existing items?

I should be more clear.

I still have this issue in Kodi.

I have checked it in the Emby metadata manager and there it seems correct now. But when I open Kodi with the Emby addon activated and used to set up my Kodi library, I still see that the premiered date is one day earlier than it should be. 

How is that still possible when using Emby in Kodi?

This is for old and new episodes

r0VR1kN.jpg

9F1kEEp.jpg

W2Se0JE.jpg

vqVRS2x.jpg

Thanks.

kodi.log

Log.txt

Edited by heula

Today I have reset my Kodi library once more to see what happens now with the premiered date in Kodi.

Unfortunatly it is still the same so I don't know why this is?

All good in the Emby metadata manager.

Don7CyW.jpg

Di91mqO.jpg

This shows Kodi after setting up a new library with the Emby addon for Kodi.

nG4vQUc.jpg

Kodi log

Thanks.

Happy2Play

@@heula

Have you verified the datetime written to the database? 

@@Angelblue05

If the web client is showing correct, would it not be a Kodi datetime offset issue?

I checked the Kodi myvideos.db and the date in there is wrong. No idea what is causing this.

I do remember that I did setup the Kodi library once without the Emby addon some time ago to see what happened to the premiered date and back than the premiered date was good.

So that makes me think it still is Emby related somewhere.

cp4EVPV.jpg

Thanks

Edited by heula

Happy2Play

I know the Reports plugin does this improper datetime offset also.  So the plugins/addons themselves need looked at as the server (3.6) should be/is now reporting correct UTC.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

Happy2Play

I checked the Kodi myvideos.db and the date in there is wrong. No idea what is causing this.

I do remember that I did setup the Kodi library once without the Emby addon some time ago to see what happened to the premiered date and back than the premiered date was good.

So that makes me think it still is Emby related somewhere.

cp4EVPV.jpg

Thanks

Looking at this shows that Kodi is pulling correct time from Emby database UTC (as I would expect Emby database to show "1545606000") since you are UTC/GMT +1.  But when Kodi displays it, it is not converted back to Local time (UTC/GMT +1).

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@heula

Is the UTC time correct, it's just not converted to local time in Emby for Kodi? 

Edit: I went back a few posts and saw the webclient has the right time. Will correct this for the next version.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution
Angelblue05

@@heula

Try beta 3.1.39a

You'll have to update or repair your libraries. I do hope I got it right and the datetime will now be reflected correctly, please keep me posted.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 4

@@heula

Try beta 3.1.39a

You'll have to update or repair your libraries. I do hope I got it right and the datetime will now be reflected correctly, please keep me posted.

It’s all good now!

Thank you all.

• Like 1