Wide Art on Main?

andrewteg

andrewteg

I'm wondering if I setup something wrong but when I first open Emby on Roku everything is there and easy to get to but my movies that are on the main strip have cover art that are wide and not proportional. Basically it shows the standard tall poster art (from like IMDB or similar) but stretched to a wide box.

If I search for "Aladdin" I get an image that looks good wide though. What'd I mess up?

The "home" screen uses the thumb view. If the item doesnt have a thumb, the poster will be used. The roku stock sdk screens dont let you freely mix and match items of these types. So a poster may stretch to replace the thumb. Is that what you mean? Does it do it for every movie you have? Can you provide pictures?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles

Which toggle is selected for movies and tv. These arent shown in your image. I am guessing TV is set to favorites? What is the movie toggle set to? In mine both toggles are on suggested.

661916254c6b2e7ca07d33812e19ff4f.jpg

The pictures should be based off thumbs. If you lack these images, it will use posters stretched as if they were thumbs.

Does it look correct in the web client "home" view, for suggested and latest? What does it look like there, got a picture of that too?

Movies in "folder" views or "media type" views, will use that media types view style. You have tv, movies, music, and livetv. All of these will default as "poster view" (unless you use * to change the image type) which is why they appear unaffected. They would likely exhibit the same issue set to "thumbs view"

This all points to a problem with images on your system. Try clearing the image cache on the server so it forces new images to be created for clients.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles

Happy2Play

Easy to replicate his issues.  Just disable View Styles for your libraries.  And enabling View Styles resolves the issue.

web client-user icon top right-settings-home screen settings-view styles

Edited by Happy2Play

andrewteg

Thanks to both. I did get this image of TV shows in the web view and it looks great, so I know it can be great :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y6aqjakst9uh4a2/LatestEps.png?dl=0

I also tried to find that setting for Toggle view but could not find what you meant.

When I enabled View Styles it did start showing the right media, but I did lose the "Simple Folder View" it mentions that we actually prefer at this point. That is why I had disabled it originally.

Thanks again,

Andrew