Q: More than 100 items per page

Olywa123

Olywa123

We used to have the option to show more than 100 media items per page, am I right that this no longer the case?

I suspect it was removed to better performance - are we likely to see it back in the future?

Many thanks

Koleckai Silvestri

Looks like it was removed. Most likely so the new mobile apps didn't get bogged down with too much information.

Olywa123

Thanks KS, yeah guess this makes sense so can understand.

Devs, is this likely to return in the future in some way? I like to show 500 items in the web client (less clicks when browsing large movie collection)?

If not, fair enough, just curious :)

it's going to return in the form of virtual, infinite scrolling. i have always just felt they added clutter, even on big screen desktops.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
Guest topbanana

Is there an xml file or something that we can fudge until the infinite scrolling is implemented?

I'm really, really missing the ability to have 500 posters showing.

Happy2Play

Is there an xml file or something that we can fudge until the infinite scrolling is implemented?

I'm really, really missing the ability to have 500 posters showing.

Looks like you can hack the LibraryBrowser.js  (Emby-Server\System\dashboard-ui\scripts)

Change the two "return 100" lines to 500.

Note any thing you modify in the System folder will be reset with every update.  Had to force refresh browser Ctrl+F5.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 2

djonnie

Does someone know a hack like this one for the following?

When clicking on a movie genre only 10 items are shown, when clicking on MORE all the items are shown. I'd like to skip this first jump and instantly jump to the full list.

Edited by djonnie
  • Like 2

Looks like you can hack the LibraryBrowser.js (Emby-Server\System\dashboard-ui\scripts)

Change the two "return 100" lines to 500.

Note any thing you modify in the System folder will be reset with every update. Had to force refresh browser Ctrl+F5.

H2P you're such a hacker ;) love it!

Koleckai Silvestri

Does someone know a hack like this one for the following?

When clicking on a movie genre only 10 items are shown, when clicking on MORE all the items are shown. I'd like to skip this first jump and instantly jump to the full list.

I also find the limitation here to be somewhat annoying. I only have 30 genres, it would be nice to see them all in a single click instead of just 10 initially. Same goes for when I click on an Actor's profile, it should show me all of their movies instead of 8-10 and a "More" link.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

For Genre it looks like Movies and TV Series have been merged so opening Action shows 10 movies and 10 series instead of staying in there own librarys,  No matter navigating from Movies or Series.

• Like 1

MrWebsmith

For Genre it looks like Movies and TV Series have been merged so opening Action shows 10 movies and 10 series instead of staying in there own librarys,  No matter navigating from Movies or Series.

i can confirm in latest dev on my setup as well... 

personally im not a huge fan of this as i went intentionally looking for 1 or the other ...   but..   ill reserve too much judgement until we see how the userbase all reacts.. or maybe theres more surprises coming down the road...

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
siteripper2

After 4 years we are still limited to 100 items per page. It would be great if the user can customize how many items per page he wants to see.

Will this come sometime?

• 4 weeks later...

Pages not refreshing?

When items change or are added or removed by a scan or whatever... the page stays the same on most of them. You have to refresh it yourself & if your on one of the formentioned pages, you loose your place. I'd link you a thread about it but, that was deleted after I posted "is it the future yet?" every year for 4-5 years. :-)

The main/front page is the only one I know of that refreshed the info on it's own. That was also the last comment you made on that thread too, something like that this was a change that was made & it step forward the rest is soon.

We do already have that, it just takes times before the change is scanned in and client apps are notified.

We do already have that, it just takes times before the change is scanned in and client apps are notified.

Great to hear! I guess I'll have to pay attention next time I clean up the server. Prolly didn't notice cuz I've been using Plex just to clean watched items for ages now since I can't shift click & select multiple or control click to ad remove one at a time items on Emby.

• 1 month later...
Guest topbanana

Could you perhaps just reimplement the Items Per Page option back into emby, until the 'infinite' scrolling has matured to see the light of day...  It used to be there, so it's known how to do it.  And have some typical choices, 100, 200, 500, 1000, ALL.

There are may of us that are not running emby on a 10 year old celeron laptop. so we can choose to load our systems how much we want...
And no one has ever seen this option as 'clutter'.  There are so many items on an emby page, all having a use, supplying information, all valid.  The Items Per Page option is absolutely valid.

Please!  My poor mouse button finger is tired of repeatedly clicking the next page arrow! ;-P

Spaceboy

Weird thing is there are plenty of instances where this is not controlled and you can get thousands of items in a page (for example playlists. I have 3334 of them and the page renders almost immediately). So it’s nothing to do with technical design, just the choice of the devs

Guest topbanana

...just the choice of the devs

And a choice to remove a feature that was already in existence, one they chose to code in the original emby, mainly because it's a very logical feature to include, and is always useful...  :(

• 4 weeks later...