Ongoing Issue w/ Emby for Kodi

Disturbd1

Disturbd1

I'm posting this here because frankly I'm unsure who the culprit is; Emby or Kodi. All signs point to the add-on, specifically, but I can't be certain.

Here's what's happening:

~3 weeks ago, I began to notice that despite no changes made by myself (updates have always applied automatically for add-ons for me), even though Kodi was displaying my existing movie library, it was notupdating it when a new movie was added in Emby. For the life of me, I could not figure out what to reconfigure, toggle, or otherwise reset to get Kodi to see Emby and update accordingly. No settings were changed within the Emby server. Long story short: I ripped out all things Kodi, renamed the folder for it in App Data, reinstalled Kodi Isengard, and confirmed it created a new folder. Reconfigured everything from scratch, and finally was able to get Kodi to sync with Emby. 

As of last night, after one of MANY recent crashes of the Titan browser for Kodi, it failed to recover (this is normal when Titan crashes, at least for me), so I had to force-quit Kodi altogether.Relaunched, went to the section where I've got my TV shows...0 are displayed. No folders, no episodes...just a blank screen where they used to be. Went into the add-on settings for the skin to make sure it is pointing to the right place, no changes were made.

Here's my big question: is there some sort of magical, convoluted method by which Kodi will consistently sync with Emby, and allow the use of Titan? I had zero problems with the pair coexisting until about a month or so ago, and began to get crashes from Titan almost once per session. I realize my question is broad, and probably provokes more questions that answers....but surely I can't be the only person having these issues.

I'm more than happy to attach any type of log files, screenshots, whatever is useful for troubleshooting smile.png

You should disable auto updates , as the emby for kodi addon is still under heavy development, most updates require a reset of the kodi database to function properly

Edited by Vidman

There is an option in the emby plugin for kodi to reset local database. This process takes 5 minutes to complete and makes syncing work again.

Disturbd1

Are you on beta or offical stable?

If you are on a productive system, you may better use this repro for EMBY Addon: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/21888-emby-for-kodi-10-liv/

Use the Titan Skin out of the official KODI Repro which comes with KODI.

I was on beta for all, but then eventually downgraded to Isengard for Kodi, and the stable Titan (3.4?). 

Disturbd1

I went ahead and gutted everything again, including downloaded install files, install directories, and .zips for repositories.

Reinstalled and reconfigured from scratch, no betas, all stable. Fingers crossed...