New Emby client in FireTV and Recorded Live TV

tre4b

Well I'm loving the new version of the App now I figured out I have to manually upgrade rather than wait for it to upgrade automatically :blink:

On the live TV is a set of folders for recorded TV which is great.  What I am trying to understand is why I have about 8 that have a program name on them and the rest are all together in a folder called other, grouped in one very long line.  Is there something I need to do to make all of them appear in folders?

Also can I do anything to put an image on the folders? Currently they are just a generic folder Icon though the recordings within have an image of the show cover.

Many thanks,

Trevor

I imagine they group the same way in the web client, no?

I think the "Other" category would be non-series recordings or ones for which we can't identify a series.

pünktchen

I imagine they group the same way in the web client, no?

I think the "Other" category would be non-series recordings or ones for which we can't identify a series.

I see the same, also in the web client.

I've posted about this in the dev forum: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/25518-3.0.5738&do=findComment&comment=249838

Yep I see the same in the Web client too.

Thing is the programs missing are things like Neighbours and mundane things like that not anything special.  They've also been recorded on the NPVR box in exactly the same way as the ones appearing so there seems to be no logic as to why these few are there and the rest are grouped.

pünktchen

I got it working again:

• uninstall the live tv plugin
  • restart emby server
  • start database cleanup task
  • reinstall the live tv plugin
  • restart emby server

Yep I see the same in the Web client too.

Thing is the programs missing are things like Neighbours and mundane things like that not anything special.  They've also been recorded on the NPVR box in exactly the same way as the ones appearing so there seems to be no logic as to why these few are there and the rest are grouped.

I'm sure it is all dependent on the data we have about each individual item in the schedule.  If the guide data doesn't have the necessary information to know that it is a certain series then we wouldn't know how to group it.  We do create some "generic" groups though like "News" and "Sports".

Is there anyway I can add data to enable this to happen?  i.e. is it something I can add to my version so these organise correctly?

These are all grouped in their own directory on the server they are recorded on but I guess because of the way data is pulled they are essentially pulled out and orphaned in the EMBY display.  Not sure if there is a way to use this hierachy?

No, I don't believe there is anything you can do.

Were they created from series recordings or single recordings?

Is there anyway I can add data to enable this to happen?  i.e. is it something I can add to my version so these organise correctly?

These are all grouped in their own directory on the server they are recorded on but I guess because of the way data is pulled they are essentially pulled out and orphaned in the EMBY display.  Not sure if there is a way to use this hierachy?

It is dependant on next pvr providing the data that identifies that programs are movies, sports, etc. It's a community contributed plugin so hopefully someone will step up to volunteer to look at that.

Damstas

It is dependant on next pvr providing the data that identifies that programs are movies, sports, etc. It's a community contributed plugin so hopefully someone will step up to volunteer to look at that.

@@tre4b This is something I have been requesting for a while now. The NPVR plugin can be modified to use Schedules Direct from Emby according to Luke (@@Luke, please correct me on this, if i'm wrong), but someone would need to do that. Sven, the current dev is unavailable right now, so someone else can try to do it until he comes back. :)

Edited by Damstas

What is really strange is that it is really inconsistent.  I have a grouping of "Doc Martin" but that does not have all of the doc martins in them.  Some are some are not.  I'm guessing that this is depending on which EPG data the actual recording was scheduled from or something.  Real hotchpotch but not your fault.  EPG is a nightmare....