Beta Release Thread

cmcg

fluffykiwi

Im in Scotland so GMT+1 due to daylight saving time. I'd never noticed an error with the time, although I'm not sure I'd have noticed if my BD player time was wrong. Only really used it to confirm bugs

I'll report on both times a bit later as my wife currently has dibs on TV for her soaps.

Edit both showing correct time in 0.593p.

Shame about 0.593o being pulled. I was looking forward to trying the onscreen keyboard, and maybe using it in future to enter the server ip, which is one of the few times I dig out my standard remote.

If you ever need someone to test the ime keyboard in future, who isnt worried about having to reset the Smart Hub, just let me know.

Ive done that a few times since I got my TV, NOT I must stress, because of Emby.

Edited by fluffykiwi

SilentAssassin

TV H6400

593L displayed correct time. Updated to 593P and it displays the correct time.

TV is set to auto for the clock

CBers

On my F8000, the Clock is set to Auto as is Time Zone and the time on TV is correct.

I'm still running version N of the app.

Just updated to version P and time is still being displayed correctly.

Tested version P on E-Series, ES8000 in Australia.  This has the time zone manually set.  DST is automatically determined and is currently active.  

The time is displayed correctly.  

FYI, I never had a problem with the time being incorrect with Chesses version, so maybe this method works better with newer models.  I'm happy either way.

Edited by SamES

paulsalter

Please return Back button to previous functionality

Prior versions you could go back/forward when viewing episode details after selecting one from the main page, back would always return you direct to the main page

Now you have to do X number of presses (depending on how many episode details you viewed) before back takes you to previous page

This is more time consuming than the previous way

• Like 1

Well, I must say, more people have their time displayed correctly than I thought, even in the UK where mine has never been right (F8000). So I'm glad I didn't really end up changing it too much. But I added an offset option to User Settings so if yours is wrong, you should be covered.

v0.593q
Reverted clock changes in 0.593p.
Added Clock Offset user option.

• Like 1

It isn't. It just asks the device for the date/time string like this...

var date = new Date();

Some Samsung devices return the wrong answer. The time you have now should be the same as 0.950. The command is the same. But now you have an offset option to fix daylight saving errors.

Edited by cmcg
  • Like 1

paulsalter

30 mins ago before I updated, the app was showing the correct time

just updated to latest and the clock without using offset is showing 01:40, current time is 22:50

Ok, just powered down box and back on, it is now showing my time 2hours ahead (central Europe dst)

this was what I worried would happen as I have to have my box on Paris time during the summer as it does not have a dst setting

so more things now to change when clocks change, box time and offset in emby app :(

Edited by paulsalter

As I said, different devices get this wrong in different ways. If I fix it for one person it breaks it for someone else. For what it's worth, the previous version made my time display correctly as well. Now we all have the choice of how the Emby app handles your particular situation. I can apply my -1 hour offset and I'm happy until the spring.

I'm not disagreeing with you. It should work better. When the internet radio in my kitchen updates it's clock and the oven is still an hour out I'm shouting at the oven to pull it's socks up!

• Like 3

paulsalter

If the time is wrong, then surely that is a problem with the OS not something the app should be changing, IMO the app should just be displaying whatever the system time is

If I use photoshop on my PC and save a file and notice the time/date is wrong on the saved file, it is not up to Adobe to calculate what the time should be, they need to either pick up the right time from windows or windows needs to be fixed to have the correct time

For info, my time was displaying correctly this morning, but if I start the app too quickly it shows the time as 0:00, it has been like this since I started using the app months ago, for me I don't believe the 0:00 is an emby app issue, its just a problem with the box being slow to get the time

CBers

On my F8000, the Clock is set to Auto as is Time Zone and the time on TV is correct.

I'm still running version N of the app.

Just updated to version P and time is still being displayed correctly.

Well, I must say, more people have their time displayed correctly than I thought, even in the UK where mine has never been right (F8000). So I'm glad I didn't really end up changing it too much. But I added an offset option to User Settings so if yours is wrong, you should be covered.

v0.593q

Reverted clock changes in 0.593p.

Added Clock Offset user option.

OK, it's totally screwed up now.

Whereas before version Q the time was being displayed correctly, it's now not.

Current time us 12:18 (PM), but the "time" being displayed is 00:20.

I don't see why I have to faff around in the app settings to display the time correctly, when 1) it has always been OK before and 2) the TV itself displays it correctly also.

Can we go back to the time settings in version P please.

Edit: OK, the "time" being displayed appears to be the time the TV has been on, which I believe @@FrostByte raised a little while ago, as I have just power cycled my TV and the "time" is now 00:01.

TV is an F8000.

Edited by CBers

CBers

So, who is now running 593q release?

Is it all working OK for you, including the time being displayed?

Just asking.

paulsalter

I am on the latest q version with my BD-E6100

Last night while using it my time was way out, think it was 2h50 ahead of time, so not sure where this came from, or If my clock had been at 0:00 so this was just how long I had been viewing

This morning when I looked everything was ok

not had a check recently

FrostByte

After falling back to 590 and then loading 593p and now 593q my time is correct using the offset.  I don't have the timer 0.00 problem anymore

Version q is still fine on ES8000.  Offset is 0.  Just a question, should the offset be on the TV settings page.  It seems more logical to me and I presume this would make it universal for all users instead of in the user settings.

I've occasionally seen 00:00 with all versions since time was added to the app.  I think it only occurs when the app is loaded too quickly and the system hasn't retrieved the time.  I don't really think this is easily fixed?

• Like 1

Yes @@SamES that's exactly where it should be. My bad. Thanks.

And thanks for sharing that the clock has been doing that 00:00 thing for ages. Though I was going mad.

Spaceboy

ok, i'm unable to get into the app at the moment. i just synced the latest version, can't tell what, and i just hangs on the emby splash screen with the remote and menu at the botton but nowhere to enter the server address. if i press ok it tells me i have the wrong details but i there's no box to enter it. if i enter the details blind and press ok it seems to accept them, remote and menu disappear but i'm still stuck on the splash screen. if i then press ok it selects a local user with no password and i can see it authenticating in the dashboard but on the tv its still the splashscreen.

let me know if you need more detail, ta

My fault that. They'll be a fix along in the next beta. Give me half an hour.

Edited by cmcg
  • Like 1

CBers

ok, i'm unable to get into the app at the moment. i just synced the latest version, can't tell what, and i just hangs on the emby splash screen with the remote and menu at the botton but nowhere to enter the server address. if i press ok it tells me i have the wrong details but i there's no box to enter it. if i enter the details blind and press ok it seems to accept them, remote and menu disappear but i'm still stuck on the splash screen. if i then press ok it selects a local user with no password and i can see it authenticating in the dashboard but on the tv its still the splashscreen.

let me know if you need more detail, ta

The same thing happened to me yesterday when I had to uninstall the app and tried installing P.

To "fix" it, I had to install the STABLE version, enter the correct details, then upgrade to the latest.

I initially updated to version P OK yesterday, but I had the clock bug where it displayed the time since the TV was powered on rather than the real time. Version P updated OK over version N OK.

Do you always do an uninstall/reinstall?

Sorry about that logon problem in the previous beta. Fixed now.

v0.593r
Change Server option available on the user logon page.
Moved the Clock Offset option to TV Settings.
Improved graphics on manual logon, new server and notifications.
Updated the logon page text.
Fixed: Pressing Return while a notification is on screen caused the app to exit.
Fixed: Can't favourite an item in Home View 2.

• Like 2

paulsalter

Is there any easy way now to see details of previously watched episodes

I record shows daily and then have them imported into my library so that I have full metadata

If I don't watch a show for a few days I like to check previous episodes to read what was happening, the only way I see to do this now is go into the tv section find the show/series and then scroll through hundreds of episodes to find the last ones watched, which is a bit slow to do

Is there a quicker way am I missing?

Thanks

FrostByte

Running good with version r so far.  Had to redo my tv offset with the move of the option.  Also noticed the version number is almost instantly displayed on the splash screen which is good .  There used to be a delay

• Like 1