Beta Release Thread

cmcg

Barely even an update this. I just wanted to get some log messages to help us look at server non-200 response log outs.

1.0.0f
Photo item counts more subtle and show recursive total.
Extra log messages for log on, log off and HTTP non-200 response.
Slideshows default to date only display.

• Like 2

FrostByte

Barely even an update this. I just wanted to get some log messages to help us look at server non-200 response log outs.

1.0.0f

Photo item counts more subtle and show recursive total.

Extra log messages for log on, log off and HTTP non-200 response.

Loaded and changes working for me.  thanks

• Like 1

CBers

1.0.0f

Can you apply the same to the screensaver as well please.

• Like 2

Can you apply the same to the screensaver as well please.

Oh, I hadn't realised it had a separate setting. It looked like it was picking it up from the same place. I'll check.

• Like 1

Checked. There was some logic around the screensaver to do with whether you are using your own media or movie posters. I've set it to respect your selection if it's your own media. I don't feel the need to write the title over the movie posters though, do you?

• Like 3

FrostByte

Checked. There was some logic around the screensaver to do with whether you are using your own media or movie posters. I've set it to respect your selection if it's your own media. I don't feel the need to write the title over the movie posters though, do you?

I agree, date only default on pictures, but no title on posters.

• Like 1

CBers

I don't have any Home Movies in Emby, but still see the option under the Tools menu. Shouldn't it be hidden?

Also, is there any chance of having something similar to the Ken Burns Effect being added to photo slide shows please ?

Re. Ken Burns,  I really want that. But we're just calling the Samsung built-in image viewer and sending images to it. I'm not sure it can do anything cool. Lets have a look around the Samsung D forum and see if anyone is doing anything like that.

Re. Home Movies, the app checks at startup if you have any media of type "video" and if so adds the Home Movies menu item. I need a more accurate check as you may have videos in other folders and still have an empty Home Movies collection.

• Like 1

gogreenpower

While we're on pictures and screensavers, is there any specific requirements for images. Format or file size? I have noticed that about 3-4 out of 70 odd never show up in the screensaver, I've had a look at them all and I can't see anything obvious.

I have a mix of files using .jpg or .jpeg and sizes from 500kb to 5mb.

Green.

FrostByte

Those formats should be good at least according to what the user's manual says the TV can display while streaming.  If it doesn't already, the app should be able to be made to support at least what's in the chart.  It doesn't say anything about sizes of files in my manual though

56361a718d934_Untitled.jpg

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

500 random pics of at least 1920X1080

35  if (this.imagesToUse == "Media") {
36   var randomImageURL = Server.getItemTypeURL("&SortBy=Random&MediaTypes=Photo&Recursive=true&CollapseBoxSetItems=false&Limit=500");
37   var randomImageData = Server.getContent(randomImageURL);
38   if (randomImageData == null) { return; }
40   for (var index = 0; index < randomImageData.Items.length; index++) {
41    //Only add images with higher res
42    if (randomImageData.Items[index].Width >= 1920 && randomImageData.Items[index].Height >= 1080){
43     var imgsrc = Server.getScreenSaverImageURL(randomImageData.Items[index].Id,"Primary",1920,1080);
44     this.images.push(imgsrc);
45     if (randomImageData.Items[index].PremiereDate !== undefined) {
46      this.overlay.push(Support.formatDateTime(randomImageData.Items[index].PremiereDate,1))
47     } else {
48      this.overlay.push(""); //Need to push something to keep indexes matched up!
49     }
51    }
52   }​

Edited by FrostByte

I get that black screen in a slideshow sometimes. The same supported images seem to occasionally not get displayed. I don't know if it's the TV acting up, network or what but I don't think it's file format related as far as I can tell.

CBers

I also get the black screen with the date at the bottom.

If I jump back and then forward, sometimes it displays.

I do find that I have to exit the app after a slideshow, as navigation seems to freeze.

Any way of making the date overlay transparent during playback please?

• Like 1

FrostByte

Edit: nm I just noticed photos honor the subtitle color setting

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

What about adding curve to the corners of the number in the top of photo albums?  I think it would give it a softer feel than the square

I don't have any Home Movies in Emby, but still see the option under the Tools menu. Shouldn't it be hidden?

Fixed.

• Like 2

gogreenpower

post-4775-1446511491687_thumb.jpg

post-4775-14465115041468_thumb.jpg

When you have show larger icons as true, it cuts the bottom off the image.

It may not be an issue with the DVD case overlay off, I haven't had a chance to disable it yet.

Green.