Beta Release Thread

cmcg

UNC I think is never an issue for us. If Samsung TVs don't support SMB then we're never going to direct play anything. Only stream or transcode.

• Like 1

Just noticed something else.

If I play an artist, the tracks on the first album are numbered 1-10, but subsequent albums are numbered 1.1-1.10 etc.

Edit: OK, could that might be fir double albums? The only thing is, the artist in question has 2 separate albums.

What's the difference between Shuffle and Instant Mix?

FrostByte

If you have something in the disc# id3 tag then it should show as disc# dot track#.  Otherwise now if disc id3 is blank then all you get is the track#.  Before you only got a ? if disc was blank

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 2

FrostByte

What's the difference between Shuffle and Instant Mix?

I always thought Instant Mix tried to automatically create a playlist of similar songs using a seed song.  Not sure how it's used in Emby though or the algorithm used

• Like 1

It seems to do exactly that. Presumably using the genre tags. I just started from Van Morrison, clicked Instant Mix and got a sensible selection of different artists queued up. But I only knew this by clicking Next a few times to see who came on. It would be better if the view changed to show the generated queue.

• Like 2

Perhaps my ID3 tags aren't as they should be. I only rip my CDs to my PC and do no more.

Having the Instant Mix on the same screen as a playlist is a bit confusing.

What is the Screen option supposed to do?

As you can tell, I don't use Music in the app much :)

It blanks your TV screen. Pressing any key restores it. Quite neat.

OK. Could it be changed to start a photo screensaver?

FrostByte

Having the Instant Mix on the same screen as a playlist is a bit confusing.

Ya, I'm not sure why you would instant mix a playlist unless someone with a very large playlist could use it to pluck certain songs

v0.593d
Fixed: Music player controls don't work if video was previously played.
Fixed: Second and subsequent songs in a playlist or album always transcoded. (thanks @@FrostByte )

• Like 2

So when can we expect some 720p goodness?  ;)  :P

Great to see the work your doing by the way.

Edited by c0m3r
  • Like 1

FrostByte

Whoop, whoop.  You da Man!!

New Bug: 

1. The headers at the top of a playlist do not Highlight in green like other areas of music "Play All"  "Shuffle" "Delete".  You can sort of tell where you are by looking at the count in the bottom left. 

2. Also I don't believe "Shuffle All" actually shuffles the playlist.  When I click it the playlist just plays down through the list in order.  Didn't try Delete as afraid to do that.

Steps to recreate

Click Playlists

Select a Playlist and click

At the top of the list there should be 3 options

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

I can finally play music using the app (well more than one song that is).  I can say the app now plays 100% of my media which falls within the TVs playable specs without transcoding, the few things I have which don't fall in specs of the TV transcodes like it should and plays.  App has some bugs still, but everything plays now.  Thank you very much

• Like 1

Hopefully I have traced the problem reported by @@Oleg last night. It is restricted to D series devices and was caused by me when I addressed the Direct Play / Direct Stream UI issue.

That fix in no way changed whether your client streamed or transcoded a file, but some logic further down that was added specifically for D series got twisted.

@@Oleg, I would be grateful if you would try beta v0.593c and feedback to us. I will leave 0.590 as the stable release for you to drop back to.

v0.593c

Fixed: NetworkDisconnected error on D series devices.

Fixed: Top left area of player should be left blank if no logo available. (thanks @@paulsalter )

Fixed: Play All TV series does not play next episode. (thanks @ and others )

Fixed: Track number often displayed as ? in music player.

Fixed: Count undefined when selecting Music --> Album Artist or Artist.

Installed version 0.593d, everything works.

Thank you so much.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Steps to recreate

Click Playlists

Select a Playlist and click

At the top of the list there should be 3 options

Click Playlists from where, Tools menu?

Normal Playlists as in select artist, get list of tracks displayed, has highlighted headers for me.

I don't have the Delete option?

FrostByte

No, an actual playlist.  I think what your talking about is just a list of songs, etc by artist.  Doesn't matter which way you get to Playlists on my TV they both don't work.  Either click "Playlists" from menu or the very top in the main view.  In the pic below "Shuffle All" should be green (notice the 2/3 at the bottom) like in other areas so that you know which item you're actually on.  Also, when you click from the position it's at now it doesn't shuffle, just plays the playlist in the order shown.  Though the counter changes, it doesn't appear you are actually on Shuffle All because it doesn't shuffle

560c44dd59ca1_WP_20150930_002.jpg

FrostByte

A couple cosmetic changes/bugs when clicking "info" and the functions you can do with remote

1. Red - cycles thru the first letter of the alphabet when scrolling movies, etc.  This function is no longer available and replaced with the "A Z" functions at the top.  My preference would be to get this back if possible because you can't use the "A Z" menu when in the middle of scrolling without going all the way to the top and also the button for paging up and down does not work on HT/BD players and you have to scroll one line at a time only now without the red button.

If this function cannot be added back in then the whole line should be removed from the function list and the Red button can be reallocated to something else at another time.

2. The last function in the list says the "Chapter Up, Down" button is used for scrolling up/down a page at a time.  The US version of the manual says this is the "Tuning / Channel" up and down button not Chapter.  Unless the UK versions says otherwise suggest renaming "Chapter" to "Channel" instead

• Like 1

CBers

1) yes please

2) UK remote is Programme (Channel) Up/Down

If 1) is re-implemented, then I'd like a way of jumping back to the top of the page/list.

• Like 1