DLNA renderer on server?

Sergio
Go to solution Solved by gsnerf,

I'm working on a testing emby installation for a music pub. It has several music listening rooms that we have to be independant and a central one with an already mounted sound system.

The fact is that in that central place it's where the emby server could be mounted, and I tought it could be nice if some media could be directly reproduced on the server, so we could save for a dlna receiver there.

Anyone knows if it is possible to install a dlna renderer service on the headless ubuntu server and make emby see it so it could play music on the server itself?

Thanks.

Edited by Sergio

Thanks @@gsnerf. That worked nicely. I was trying to make rygel work for two days and didn't try that.

Now I only need to run it at boot as a service.

Edited by Sergio

Uhmmmm... That was too nice to be true.

$ gmediarender -f "TESTING" &

[7] 1139

$ gmediarender 0.0.7-git started [ gmediarender 2015-05-06_aa3d02c (libupnp-1.6.19+git20141001; glib-2.44.1; gstreamer-1.4.5) ].

Logging switched off. Enable with --logfile=<filename> (e.g. --logfile=/dev/stdout for console)

Ready for rendering.

ERROR [2015-09-30 14:02:00.081143 | gstreamer] ERROR [2015-09-30 14:02:00.081180 | gstreamer] setting play state failed (2)

uridecodebin1: Error: No URI handler implemented for "http". (Debug: gsturidecodebin.c(1416): gen_source_element (): /GstPlayBin:play/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin1)

ERROR [2015-09-30 14:02:00.081214 | upnp] upnp_set_error: Playing failed

EDIT: Seems that I may had ran out of disk space during the installation. So I'll try to do all from scratch, as I don't want to mess with emby dependencies.

Edited by Sergio