PC Server OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

Codecs: Nothing other than installed with Win7 out of the box and MBServer

Android Device:
Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 (GSM)
Memory: 448 MB
CPU: ARMv7 Processor rev 2 (v71)

Android OS: 4.2.2 - CyanogenMod 10.1

App Version: 1.0.2 (191113)

Let me start by saying how happy and amazed I am with this app. It pushed me to root my out of warranty device and upgrade from Gingerbread. I sideloaded from Beta 13 and purchased when available. It plays everything beautifully except….podcasts for some reason.

Every time I try to play either BBC, NPR or TED podcasts/vodcasts it just displays the buffer circle and does nothing. I have to hit the back key (Samsung hardware button) many times to back out and then kill/resart the app to resume normal operation. I use both the NPR and BBC Android apps and they stream audio/video natively on the tablet with no problem.

I don’t see anyone else mentioning this in the forum. Any ideas?

Thanks, Tanamur

Redshirt

It's been reported by one other. I wasn't able to reproduce though. I'd like to see a client and server log of the attempted playback.

Tanamur

Thanks Redshirt - I shutdown the app & rebooted, then shutdown the MBServer, cleared all files from the logs folders, restarted the server, let the library scan run, then started the app. I only tried to play a podcast and when it failed I grabbed some screen captures, exited and grabbed the log files from the server and from the tablet. All are attached. Please let me know if I have forgotten anything.

The podcasts do play without incident in MBC on the server and on the extender. They do not play in the web client but to my knowledge that is by design.

Cheers, Tanamur

post-442-0-59296400-1385888223_thumb.png

post-442-0-77345700-1385888225_thumb.png

server-63521510015 - Copy.log

unhandled_2ff5dcf4-fd4f-4953-b13c-f72e5582f4e5.txt

client-8e47577e-8fb6-4c13-9313-b8ade572d9fb.txt

client-ba00ac80-5dbb-452e-b06a-a48781596b53.txt

Edited by Tanamur

Redshirt

That's the wrong client log, but that's ok. I've found a podcast feed that allows me to recreate the issue. It'll be fixed shortly

Tanamur

Cheers for the quick response Redshirt - Sorry I grabbed the wrong client log. I went back, deleted the old client logs on the GT-P1000 Tab, reproduced the podcast playback hang, and attached the two client log files created to the original post.

Here is one podcast feed that fails: http://www.npr.org/rss/podcast.php?id=510289

Thanks again for the great support! Tanamur

Tanamur

@@Redshirt - I could only test this briefly on a couple of podcasts before leaving for work and they did play. However, once they started to play, the blue circle and progress bar at the base of the player disappears so I cannot slide forward or back in the podcast. Using the "jump" forward button locked up the player as before. Also, muting the podcast and then unmuting it does not return the sound causing me to start over. Client logs attached. Regards, Tanamur

client-a8e7344b-fdf2-4c43-b2c4-dc4fb09a9b54.txt

client-e5edf2ab-9550-4eb6-9b0e-e37235451117.txt

• 1 year later...
Narnian

I have the podcast playing on my Amazone Fire TV and Galaxy Phone but not in my web browser is there something I need to do in windows 8.1 to grant it privledges?

I have the podcast playing on my Amazone Fire TV and Galaxy Phone but not in my web browser is there something I need to do in windows 8.1 to grant it privledges?

Why don't we start by looking at the problem. Please describe in more detail. Please see http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/