Any Reason Not To Install "LTSB" and "N" Version of Windows 10 Enterprise?

AgileHumor

AgileHumor

I was looking for a stable version of Windows to deploy my new Media Client PC.   I was thinking of using Windows 10 "LTSB"...or Long Term Servicing Branch.  Any experience with LTSB and Emby?

More Info:

Also, do you need to use the "Windows Media Player" components in Emby?  I was also hoping to install the "N" version that doesn't include components I won't need.

More info on "N": http://superuser.com/questions/462203/what-are-the-n-versions-of-windows-8

Thanks!

PS - Enterprise LTSB version of Windows requires a MSDN subscription.

i've not used the LTSB but i have run emby on enterprise version of windows 10 N and it works great. 

i ran both the server and emby theatre on a semi low powered machine and had no issues. 

AgileHumor

I'm suprised N worked OK, as the N version excludes Windows Media Components.  Did you use LAV for codecs? I've been partial to K-Lite Codes (Light version)...but folks like @@ebr always say LAV will do just fine solo.

I just installed LTSB Windows 10, and it's nice that it doesn't preinstall all those apps like movies, music, travel...it's just file explorer, internet explorer, and Accessories.  First thing I did was "defer" upgrades to keep reboots to a minimum on only security updates.