Photo

Group users for multi sync

group users Watched State Play State resume

Best Answer ebr , 27 September 2015 - 09:42 AM

The server already has support for this situation but in a slightly different way.  I know EMC has implemented it and I plan to have it in the ATV app as well.  I'm not positive about the other apps.

In EMC it is called "Also Here".  Basically, you go to the user menu and check off the other users that are also in the room with you and their play states are updated with yours.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Angelblue05 OFFLINE  

Angelblue05

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 12738 posts
  • Local time: 11:52 PM

Posted 30 September 2015 - 05:00 AM

Ah ok, :) It just seemed like he was saying that Kodi was all about nested menus to achieve access functions such as add users to the session. Nevermind then. I speak French so I sometime misunderstand. lol

Which skin are you using?

Edited by Angelblue05, 30 September 2015 - 05:01 AM.

#22 Vidman OFFLINE  

Vidman

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 2680 posts
  • Local time: 01:52 PM

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:04 AM

I think the only way that will make configuring more automated/easier for new users would be a custom emby skin that can detect the emby for kodi addon and configure the kodi interface to suit
Which is what the older version did... The problems with the old version tho were that it was slow to navigate as everything was pulled from the server for every query and that a custom skin was required to customise anything

Edited by Vidman, 30 September 2015 - 06:07 AM.

#23 tarnalcock OFFLINE  

tarnalcock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Local time: 07:52 AM
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:04 AM

Ah ok, :) It just seemed like he was saying that Kodi was all about nested menus to achieve access functions such as add users to the session. Nevermind then. I speak French so I sometime misunderstand. lol

Which skin are you using?

Well, it is esentially. Before configuration! But some people lack the knowhow to make such things simpler. Or, as in my case, choose a more inefficient method of doing so.

I am using Arctic Zephyr Exploded, as per the Emby Repo. Kodi Isengard 15.2 RC2.

#24 Angelblue05 OFFLINE  

Angelblue05

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 12738 posts
  • Local time: 11:52 PM

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:12 AM

Yes, unless script skin shortcuts actually lets us create shortcuts automatically for our users, it will need to be set manually. But all in all, the add-on does 80% of the work by importing and setting metadata according to your Emby setup. You don't need to deal with kodi scrapers, etc. I've known the struggle for many years, even starting fresh wasn't an option because of how slow of a process it was to insert my library into Kodi. Emby does all the heavy lifting, in a user friendly way and even solves some other issues. As a user, all that's left to do is simply creating shortcuts to what you want on your main interface.

However I can understand there's a lot of options, it's easy to get overwhelmed. This is why a tutorial is on the way, to get over that learning curve.

@tarnalcock

I would suggest trying with a different skin, and seeing if you get the same problem. If you don't, then mention your issue in the skin thread. :)

Edited by Angelblue05, 30 September 2015 - 06:14 AM.

#25 tarnalcock OFFLINE  

tarnalcock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:21 AM

Yes, unless script skin shortcuts actually lets us create shortcuts automatically for our users, it will need to be set manually. But all in all, the add-on does 80% of the work by importing and setting metadata according to your Emby setup. You don't need to deal with kodi scrapers, etc. I've known the struggle for many years, even starting fresh wasn't an option because of how slow of a process it was to insert my library into Kodi. Emby does all the heavy lifting, in a user friendly way and even solves some other issues. As a user, all that's left to do is simply creating shortcuts to what you want on your main interface.

However I can understand there's a lot of options, it's easy to get overwhelmed. This is why a tutorial is on the way, to get over that learning curve.

@tarnalcock

I would suggest trying with a different skin, and seeing if you get the same problem. If you don't, then mention your issue in the skin thread. :)

Will do. Thanks @Angelblue05

#26 tarnalcock OFFLINE  

tarnalcock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:22 AM

Please let me know if I can assist with such. I am busy rebuilding shortcuts at the moment anyway. I broke everything last night, fiddling around. Thank god for the skin settings backup! 

#27 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 49196 posts
  • Local time: 12:52 AM

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:33 AM

Sorry, it was really more of a generalized statement about all interface design.  EMC (and other interfaces I've written) have plenty of bad examples too.

Its kinda the difference between the guy who always has his hood open in the driveway tweaking something in his engine vs. those that just drive the car every day without even checking the oil.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: group, users, Watched State, Play State, resume

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users