Tip: Emby TV Completely Empty After Adding Tuner & Schedules Direct

fuzzy11287

fuzzy11287

Hey all, this is a tip for anyone who can't seem to get Emby TV working. I didn't see my solution anywhere else on the forums, so hopefully this helps someone out.

Basically I had the same issue posted here:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/24864-embytv-not-working/

I was using my HD Hom​erun Prime with Windows Media Center just fine so I was confused when, after adding it via IP in Emby and signing up for Schedules Direct, the entire Live TV area was completely blank yet showing no errors.

It turns out that ​you need to scan for channels on the device webpage! For some reason I was able to set up live TV via Media Center without ever going through this and it would work. However when Emby TV would look for channels to access it would find none and therefore show nothing even though everything was technically working.

To scan for ​your channel line up, go to the device webpage and click the circled link in the attached thumbnail... it's pretty simple and something I can't believe I overlooked. After that is done everything should start populating on it's own, provided the rest of your set up is correct.

To the devs: ​maybe sending an error message with "no channels found" or something would be worthwhile? I dunno, it would have saved some headache for me at least, though I can't say if this is a widespread issue.

post-257-0-37516400-1443226879_thumb.png

• Like 2

fuzzy11287

By the way, it works perfectly now. Thank you SO MUCH for adding this. Apart from my little hiccup it is by far the easiest live TV setup I think I've ever done. It was the only thing keeping me from leaving Windows Media Center.

• Like 1